Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

They have now, thanks to Schnapsdrosel who sent me updated unit models just a few hours ago:

cwr2gastovski.th.jpg

Nice before/after screen btw. :)

Thanks for very good news and thank you Schnapsdrosel for the units.

I am that late too react on this? i missed it :eek: put me against the wall :banghead: anyway Wolle small and dedicated? It are the smallest that makes the greatest work.

i'll download this tonight, damn no sleep for me Again :D

kind regards

Those before/afters were amazing! Downloading now!

They have now, thanks to Schnapsdrosel who sent me updated unit models just a few hours ago:

cwr2gastovski.th.jpg

Nice before/after screen btw. :)

Awesome!!! :) they look badass now. Would be awesome if those SpecOps (Day) had a helmet over balaclava like in OFP they did. :bounce3: But even this is amazing!

I am finding SP very, very hard in the demo. At first I tried the convoy ambush mission with Zeus AI enabled.

You have almost no time to get to the road and plant the satchel charges, and once you do finally get them planted, you have 15 or so seconds to run into completely coverless terrain.

As soon as I detonate the charges, no matter where I lay, I get shot in a blitz of bullets instantly, within a second of detonating charges.

I tried again without Zeus, and the exact same thing happened. I always play on veteran with 1.0 AI for both sides.

I remember this mission very well from ofp, and I am sure you had much more time to get set up, and then return to cover. The way it currently is, I get raped every time lol.

I then tried the campaign, which is awesome! But once again, many AI issues. On the mission where you seize the village, and then must retreat due to enemy armour, I remember in ofp your squad would sprint out of there and stop engaging.

On this mission, the squad super slowly bounded away, shooting at the tanks, running 10 metres, laying down, shooting at the tanks, running 10m, etc. The entire squad got killed in minutes, and I had to lay behind a destroyed tank getting shot at for 5 minutes, before I was finally killed too.

A solution for this I assume would be to set the AI to careless, and then tell them to run up the hill away from the village. I don't know if it is just me having these issues. I tried setting enemy skill to 0.80, and same thing.

Other than that, this really is a fantastic mod, and I really appreciate all the hard work! It may just be me having these AI issues, but other than that, I love it!

Thanks!

Well in one simple sentence: You just can't compare the OFP AI with the A2 AI. They react completely different in certain situations. There's not much you can do at all. And often the more you force them to do something, the more they screw up.

The enemy AI skill in the missions is pretty low (0.3 / 0.4), but of course if you max them out it will be a completely different experience.

I remember from original several squads and maybe 2 bmp's wondering around while you try to get to extract, but not a tank, then again sure the thousands of hours cwr2 team put into ofp probs about right :)

The BMPs and Tanks are still there, not all every time though and some waypoints are set to Sentry instead of Guard. I changed that so you don't have armored vehicles chasing you all over the place while you have enough to do with the infantry already.

Edited by W0lle

@richiespeed13

You should hide in bushes on the hill near the road.

That is with Zeus AI as well

The mission is not hard at all. I was doing exactly the same things in OFP

thanks for releasing this, I have been waiting since arma 2 came out for this. cant wait for the full version.

I noticed a bug with the Apache. it is supposed to be an AH64A but at distances of maybe 100 meters or more, the longbow radar of the D model appears over the rotors when you look at it.

@richiespeed13

You should hide in bushes on the hill near the road.

That is with Zeus AI as well

The mission is not hard at all. I was doing exactly the same things in OFP

I think I must just suck! :p

Thanks for the video, what AI difficulty do you use?

Cheers!

Apache is just a placeholder. Will be replaced with NodUnits excellent bird when ready. :)

Are you guys planning on altering the available eyewear for 'West\CWR2 Men' faction's identity classes for the final release?

Seeing blokes in 1985 with ballistic glasses and Wiley X wraparound shades is a bit odd is all. :D

Cheers!

I think at the time I've used AI skills at 0.985 for both friendlies and enemies as per Protegimus' recommendation and AI precision 0.55 for enemies, 0.75 for friendlies (although some people recommend lowering that even further but then I stop getting shot / score much more kills than friendlies)

Apache is just a placeholder. Will be replaced with NodUnits excellent bird when ready. :)

oh, I thought that was his... oh well. it definitely gets the job done for now.

Is it just me or is the AI driver pathfinding a little off? One truck got stuck in a town and cant seem to get out and it does this every time

thanks for releasing this, I have been waiting since arma 2 came out for this. cant wait for the full version.

I noticed a bug with the Apache. it is supposed to be an AH64A but at distances of maybe 100 meters or more, the longbow radar of the D model appears over the rotors when you look at it.

That issue should be fixed already. If the updated model isn't in the hotfixes, it will be in the patch.

Cheers!

I was playing without Zeus and managed to set the satchels and take out the convoy fine. It's the taking the town part that is kicking my ass. The M21 scope is kind of annoying me too. I swear I can be shooting from the same angle and distance and the bullets hit in different places even though the sight is the same.

I'm enjoying it a lot though. I really just wish a BI style Warfare mission on Everon came with it.

@CWR2 team- There is a beach that is south of what I think is the biggest base on the island (the one with the spetsnatz officers from the mission Sniper in original OFP). There is a rather large open beach to the south of the base with a few trees surrounded by a fence on it. I was wondering if you could code that to being an airfield for the final release. You don't need to add any objects or anything like that just code it in the config. That way there is a place that AI can take off from using planes. Just a thought. I always wanted the ability for the AI to take off from there in OFP but sadly they would just drive into the ocean or a tree.

Additionally, you guys forgot to name Gravette, North-West of Montignac on the map.

Edited by Jakerod

I just want to thank the CWR2 developers for their hard work. Amazing.

Everon is as beautiful and lush as ever.

Waiting with baited breath for full release.

Hi,

in the original Cr the US troops have a on there back something like a backpack. See on the picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/crustroop.jpg/.

My idea is to add this "backpack" with the Arma OA backpack module.

this addbackpack "cwr2_BackpackAmmo_US";

Not the same backpack, but it'll do.

That appears to be something like a haversack. I'm researching them now just to find out what they are.

edit: I'm getting all kinds of weird returns like 'musette bag', haversack, shoulder bag. but nothing that really looks like those things, and everything I've seen is like world war 2 era except one bag I saw on one of those military figurines. If someone can give me some reference that shows a 1980s era sack like that, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Max Power

been using it for a while, splendid work. It retains the OPF feeling but is refreshed.

great job guys, can't wait to see the full release when its time has come.

By just listening to the audio (voices, soundtracks) I'm gettin this outstanding feeling which makes me shout "Yeeehaawwww!" while gettin goosebumps ^^ :D

Thank you so much for this!

Max Power could be a camping mat / sleeping pad or just a poncho?

The closest thing I can find in look and era is an MLCE field pack.

Mlce03.jpg

I guess the army guys should be using ALICE equipment by 1985. Is there any kind of ALICE equipment like that?