Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

Has anyone tried the pvp missions? They're adaptations of the originals so they should be easy and accessible to everyone. :)

I'd like to play this demo but I can't run it. I downloaded *.7z file from Armedzone.com and put all files info "arma 2 operation arrowhead\@CWR2" folder. I can run ArmA 2 OA but on game launch I got error msg (in Windows) "Addon 'CWR2_BoatW' requires addon 'CaWater'", after that (ingame) "\bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_kostel3.scope" and when launch any CWR2 mission (or mission in editor) I got msg that ArmA 2 OA has stopped working. Does any one knows why?

CWR2 requires ARMA 2 and I presume you are only running ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead. That is the problem. Sorry. :(

I'd like to play this demo but I can't run it. I downloaded *.7z file from Armedzone.com and put all files info "arma 2 operation arrowhead\@CWR2" folder. I can run ArmA 2 OA but on game launch I got error msg (in Windows) "Addon 'CWR2_BoatW' requires addon 'CaWater'", after that (ingame) "\bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_kostel3.scope" and when launch any CWR2 mission (or mission in editor) I got msg that ArmA 2 OA has stopped working. Does any one knows why?

Not in

arma 2 operation arrowhead\@CWR2

but:

arma 2 operation arrowhead\@CWR2\addons

Also you need ArmA2 and Combined Operations

Not in

arma 2 operation arrowhead\@CWR2

but:

arma 2 operation arrowhead\@CWR2\addons

Also you need ArmA2 and Combined Operations

Thanks for so quick response! Oh, yes, I also created a folder "Addons" :)

I've got Steam version of ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA - both I bought seperated. Does it mean there's is no chance to try this demo? :confused:

Is the montinac must fall mission ment to be pitch black, the ai squads all get wasted by the BMP (with his NV) while they all shoot at dirt XD

Is it possible to introduce a basic resupply script into the trucks that grab you in the first missions? Seems small but I dislike trying to conserve two mags with a handful of guys infront of me.

Checked this out finally early this morning in the wee hours, I have to say the demo really brought me back to OFP

but with a more better graphical view, the accuracy of the missions and the cutscenes are dead on like in OFP, Im

about to get into the campaign, boy will that be like stepping back in time.

I really appreciate the time and effort and dedication the team has put towards this, thank you very much for you

efforts and time, really looking forward to the full version!

One question for you guys, is it possible to get all the weapon sounds, and or sounds from OFP and port them into this?

That would seriously up the immersion! and whats that word...nostalgia

Thanks for so quick response! Oh, yes, I also created a folder "Addons" :)

I've got Steam version of ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA - both I bought seperated. Does it mean there's is no chance to try this demo? :confused:

of course you can.

inside ..\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ you have a "_runA2CO.cmd" which you can manipulate or you can download "_runA2CO_beta_addons.cmd" (if it's not already in there).

Then you can run with any addon you want.

Alpha 3 Golf

Steam should provide a file with which you can start ArmA and OA together as Combined Operations. I don't use Steam so I'm no help here but I guess other Steam users could help you out.

You surely can use the Mod too, it just needs a little more work on your side.

H.U.N.K

The original mission was pretty dark too, even more than in our version I think. That's why you have the Flares with you. ;)

The problem is that our BMP-1 is a bit, well screwed up which makes it hard to hit the thing. Especially for the AI.

Sif

Our trucks currently carry no magazines as they should. This will be fixed in the next patch, too.

I hope that we can provide you this patch in the next week. If it takes longer than expected we provide another hotfix for the BMP-1 and another weapon config with tweaked values once we're done with testing. :)

No way we add the ugly OFP sounds. :D

There's a lot of old graphics mixed in with new. The houses look a bit dated now. There no way to update everything then?

I like the way they look, it gives an OFP feeling, which is what is intended here.

Sif

Our trucks currently carry no magazines as they should. This will be fixed in the next patch, too.

I hope that we can provide you this patch in the next week. If it takes longer than expected we provide another hotfix for the BMP-1 and another weapon config with tweaked values once we're done with testing. :)

:icon_dj:

GEEZ that's a lot of files! COnsidering what you have to go through for each one, that is simply incredible. Hats off to the team!

We had a little help from our friends ^_^

Just one thing I noticed. BlackOps dont have balaclavas like they did. Not a big deal at all just they looked more badass in CWA. If you guys going to do any adjustments to models, please add some balaclavas.

Amazing. Did it too, but not EXACTLY the same thing (not in the mood to script), but... WOW in 10 year we moved from this to this.

ArmA 5 will be amazing!

Great job CWC² team! :cheers:

My monitor exploded after seeing the before / afters.

H.U.N.K

The original mission was pretty dark too, even more than in our version I think. That's why you have the Flares with you. ;)

Frakin love fighting in the dark with a few flares as opposed to running around in green all nite.

Just one thing I noticed. BlackOps dont have balaclavas like they did. Not a big deal at all just they looked more badass in CWA. If you guys going to do any adjustments to models, please add some balaclavas.

They have now, thanks to Schnapsdrosel who sent me updated unit models just a few hours ago:

cwr2gastovski.th.jpg

Nice before/after screen btw. :)

Edited by W0lle

Awww, little bunny playing with Special Forces.

Edited by Sif

I can't remember how the original mission went but when you get captured trying to get to the extraction point then the cinematic plays and your inside a tent, a T-72 that chases you beforehand as you're running through the forest etc...appears very close nearby and kills all the russian soldiers and myself. Seems like it's not supposed to happen?

I can't remember how the original mission went but when you get captured trying to get to the extraction point then the cinematic plays and your inside a tent, a T-72 that chases you beforehand as you're running through the forest etc...appears very close nearby and kills all the russian soldiers and myself. Seems like it's not supposed to happen?

I remember from original several squads and maybe 2 bmp's wondering around while you try to get to extract, but not a tank, then again sure the thousands of hours cwr2 team put into ofp probs about right :)

I'm excited to see the rest of the campaign, just went through it a few hours ago and it was awesome.

They have now, thanks to Schnapsdrosel who sent me updated unit models just a few hours ago:

Oh man, I'm so excited lol