Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

Many thanks to all those involved, now were's the Cake? :cool:

Congrats! I really want to play the OFP Campaign with the current Engine. Will this be ACE compatible?

Great! Big "Thank you" to all involved in this :)

This is a nice surprise. :yay:

Congratulations on release and a big thank you to all involved.

This is a really great gift to the community.

Congrats! I really want to play the OFP Campaign with the current Engine. Will this be ACE compatible?

This current version was not designed with ACE compatibility in mind, if that answers your question.

Where do I download the units, vehicles, aircraft, etc? The only links for them I could find are at Armed Assault Info and they are not working for me.

Is it better to delete the other/old CWR2 files (eg winter stuff, islands) or will they go together in one @CWR2 folder without issues/problems?

New info:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important if you have the previously released standalone Islands:

The pbo files which came with the standalone islands are totally outdated by now. The only thing that can be kept are the terrain pbo files.

Everything else (buildings, plants etc) must be removed or replaced with the Demo pbo files!

I do not recommend to use the Winter release together with the Demo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume that *_w.pbo files, cwr2_winter_units.pbo and modules.pbo (that includes the snow module) can stay.

Where do I download the units, vehicles, aircraft, etc? The only links for them I could find are at Armed Assault Info and they are not working for me.

There are a bunch of download links in the first post of this thread. One of them worked for me I can't remember which now though.

There are a bunch of download links in the first post of this thread. One of them worked for me I can't remember which now though.

I believe those are for the core files to actually get the mod to work, I myself was referring to the units, aircraft, vehicles, which do not come with the 1GB file.

The easiest downloads are the multiupload and armedzone.com ones because they contain the whole demo in just one big archive instead of many smaller ones.

Then you just extract the @CWR2 Modfolder, into your ArmA2 CO installation.

I believe those are for the core files to actually get the mod to work, I myself was referring to the units, aircraft, vehicles, which do not come with the 1GB file.
Uhhh they should be included and the total size should be ~1.4 GB

I need to have a word with Kenwort it seems...

I'm downloading the package from armedzone.com and the file size is 1.4 GB. There should be everything (except missions) in that package.

Edited by W0lle

The easiest downloads are the multiupload and armedzone.com ones because they contain the whole demo in just one big archive instead of many smaller ones.

Then you just extract the @CWR2 Modfolder, into your ArmA2 CO installation.

Thanks! ;)

This current version was not designed with ACE compatibility in mind, if that answers your question.

That doesn´t matter for me as long as the basic ACE Stuff still works.

(Weaponrest/Stamina/Weightsystem/Tank FCS and some others)

DO they still work?

Sadly I don´t have the time to test myself :o

Nice work so far guys but I hope you didn't finish because those FIA infatry looks stupid. I hope you bring back the glory of the FIA with their actual uniforms because I like FIA partisans with Viktor Troska and NAPA just sucks compare to FIA. :)

One more thing, You could contact guys from CSLA-studio, they released some great stuff from Cold War era and they maybe have some models or configs you may needed and Vilas also released a big P85 pack, so he could help you too.

Looking forward to full release, you're working on the best mod to Arma II. :)

The Mod might work with ACE, but our units, vehicles or weapons doesn't make use of any ACE2 specific features.

At this moment it's way more important for us to see if the community likes our approach, and if there are problems to solve with the models and terrain.

Not about our Mod working together with other Mods. ;)

One more thing, You could contact guys from CSLA-studio, they released some great stuff from Cold War era and they maybe have some models or configs you may needed and Vilas also released a big P85 pack, so he could help you too.

If you would have read the readme, then you would have seen CSLA and vilas mentioned there. They weren't added for no reason. ;)

So I guess if the mod runs stable you will look into making it compatible with other major Mods?

So I guess if the mod runs stable you will look into making it compatible with other major Mods?

This is what we are saying:

At this point, inter-compatibility did not factor into our design goals. Any further statements would be putting the cart before the horse. We are currently testing the mod to make sure it works with our own content, never-mind the community at large.

Thanks to all who contributed to this epic release and to all in this community.

long live Bohemia Interactive & the rest of the crew.

peace :bb:

Bug report: maybe you should check the Hellfire of the Apache, cause they are useless: they don't lock at all on any target.

otherwise, really nice mod, can't wait until it's released!

Edited by Wiki

I can't wait to go home and try this out! I can't believe that it's been TEN YEARS! Holy shit.

Abs

Thanks for all the hard work you all put into this... I can't wait to try it tonight! :)

Thanks for the kind words and the bug reports, guys! We're already working on fixes!

If there are any more problems, keep the reports coming.

We also have a community bug tracker if you have a devheaven account.

lol demo campaign in recruit mode is too easy for this battered ofp vet ;)

i noticed that blue force vehicles are not in woodland camo, will they be in woodland in original release?

also i see you replaced cobra with apache >.<

can't wait to play it tommorow on veteran difficulty and super AI enabled :) Armstrong is saying good night for now.

Edited by Gedis

We decided to have them in green color only, at first because back then we had no dedicated texture artist and only one color is easier to make than woodland camo. And at some point we decided to keep it as it's not totally off after all.

The Cobra has been replaced simply because the model is not finished yet.

It's very important for us to know if the missions were too easy or too hard, and in which mode they were played. This allows us to adjust the skill levels and ranks in the final release.