Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

cwr2_demo_picture.jpg

Ten years ago today, the small, independent developer from the Czech Republic, Bohemia Interactive Studios, unleashed Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis on the world. No one could have anticipated the effect it would have. OFP immediately shot to the top of the PC sales charts, and garnered critical acclaim from reviewers world-wide, including Game of the Year from GameSpy. The Cold War-era weaponry and setting, combined with open battlegrounds, and the most hardcore realism of its time resonated with fans, creating the ever-amazing community we have today. Though there have been many imitators (some more... "directly" than others), there will ever only be one OFP in the eyes of true fans. Today, ten years on, we are releasing our demo for Cold War Rearmed² to celebrate this anniversary and take you back to the Malden Islands.

Just remember one thing: If you see the flash, it's already too late!

Cold War Rearmed² is the sequel to the popular Cold War Rearmed Beta. It aims to recreate the experience of the excellent Cold War Crisis and Resistance campaigns from Operation Flashpoint, taking advantage of Bohemia Interactives's modern engine and gameplay enhancements from Operation Arrowhead.

The Cold War Rearmed² Demo Release celebrates the 10 year anniversary of the release date of Operation Flashpoint. Congratulations BIS!

This release showcases the capabilities of the small but dedicated Mod team. It includes many kind donations from other amazing development teams, and serves as a collection of works from the who's who of the incredibly productive and generous Bohemia Interactive Community.

Included in this Demo:

* Everon Island completely revamped from scratch, including all buildings, fountains, and other objects from the original. This island features some of the densest forest ever seen in the RV 2 Engine- going into the woods is scary again!

* A demo campaign made from a subset of the CWC Everon missions, plus bonus, community made, single and multiplayer content, including PvP missions by Celery.

* Over 150 units, weapons, and vehicles, not including subvariants. The full complement of assets from Operation Flashpoint have been redone completely to ArmA 2+ specifications, or enhanced from source material. In addition, bonus weapons and vehicles have been provided to add diversity to your user generated scenarios!

Enjoy the demo and stay tuned for the Cold War Rearmed² full release, including all missions and islands!

This release is dedicated to James 'Planck' McNicoll.

You will be missed and we're sure you would be happy with what we achieved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important if you have the previously released standalone Islands:

The pbo files which came with the standalone islands are totally outdated by now. The only thing that can be kept are the terrain pbo files.

Everything else (buildings, plants etc) must be removed or replaced with the Demo pbo files!

I do not recommend to use the Winter release together with the Demo.

Please note: Both ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead (Combined Operations) is required!

Installation Guide

Quick Installation summary:

1. Download and install CWR² Demo v1.0.5180

2. Download and install CWR² Demo Patch #1

3. Download and install CWR² Demo Hotfix July 1st, 2011

1. Download the Demo

CWR² Demo v1.0.5180 @ Armaholic.com

CWR² Demo v1.0.5180 @ Armedassault.info

CWR² Demo v1.0.5180 @ Six-Updater

CWR² Demo v1.0.5180 @ Multiupload.com

CWR² Demo v1.0.5180 @ Armedzone.com

CWR² Demo v1.0.5180 @ arma2base.de

CWR² Demo v1.0.5180 Torrent file

2. Download the Patch

CWR² Demo v1.0.5282 Patch

CWR² Demo v1.0.5282 Missions

Contains also the SP missions from the previous Kolgujev standalone release as bonus.

3. Download the Hotfix

CWR² Demo Hotfix (July 1st, 2011)

!If you have downloaded this Hotfix already, please download and install again!

Reason: Mismatch between cwr2_config and its bikey fixed.

See also:

CWR² Coop pack by Sander

Domination Everon - 1985 Edition by Demon Cleaner

If you encounter bugs or issues, please report them here.

Also don't miss our little Promo trailer!

Bdh_h-l9-l0

OFP Main theme 10th anniversary remix

by: docdistortion aka themaster :cool:

Edited by W0lle
Added link to Six-Updated download

congrats :)

Armaholic mirror will be up in 40 minutes, Foxhound got the planned release time wrong. :mad:

Armedassault.info I don't know, I guess they post the news when the files are up.

I'm really sorry for the delay, should have waited with the thread until the mirrors are there. :rolleyes:

"If anything can go wrong, it will."

Murphy

Yeah, super! I know what I'm gonna do the following nights :)

Exactly what i was expecting for this birthday. I'm so glad ! Thanks a lot CWR guys for your time and dedication to those great memories :459:

Thank you all - its great to see more of CWR2 and old OFP missions+campaigns in A2OA / CO!! :eyeheart:

Thanks guys. I will be sure to grab it. Lots of hours here of hard work no doubt, but it looks very polished. Well done

i nearly fell off my chair when i read this!, congrats to all involved , cannot wait too try this

Edited by Chriz

GOOD LORD! Operations Flashpoint was the beginning of the REAL stuff. I remember my first contact with the game was the Demo! Where you start with the driving of the Jeep. Than with a Truck a small peace to a meadow. Then disembark, going somewhere... uphill or so and attacking some russian on the other side of the hill. Well, its 10 Years ago, I cant really remember. I was too young for such a game^^

I just remember the voices from OFP, they had real character! Not so in Arma, or Arma2. OFP was... different. Today I don't want to play it again, just to keep my memories of the good old time. While playing such games today, we just destroying the figurative and general impression the games made...

I will try this addon of course! I loved everon. The good old scary forests^^

Thanks so much W0lle! Great work CRW Team!

Jarhead

Links finally up, enjoy guys!

Thanks for this mod! :)

Brings a tear to my eye to see the spirit of OFP rise in RV3.

A definitive download from me, thank you CWR2 team!

Is it better to delete the other/old CWR2 files (eg winter stuff, islands) or will they go together in one @CWR2 folder without issues/problems?

Downloading now. Thank you CWR, trailer looks very nice as well.

this certainly bring back memories, played OFP when it was released as a demo and i was blown away by the sheer scale of the game. this release is the perfect birthday present, what strike me the most it feels like it was yesterday when it was released not 10 years ago, its quite shocking to think i was only 17 when i got into playing OFP, 10 years on im still here playing BIS games.

A great job CWR team :) and thanks to BIS :)

Is it better to delete the other/old CWR2 files (eg winter stuff, islands) or will they go together in one @CWR2 folder without issues/problems?

Put the Winter Kolgujev files (don't overwrite anything) into the CWR2 addons folder after installing the demo.

Edited by Celery