soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin v1.1 (UPDATED)

In the mission editor?

• Plop down a paladin, playable
  • Plop down a player with a laser designator
  • Plop down a target

Then do the previous steps once you're in the mission. The paladin should* spawn with at least one M712 Copperhead which is the projectile you want. You can add more with some scripting, or add ammoboxes with additional copperheads and manually load them into the paladin. Using team switch you can switch to the forward observer while the shell is still in flight.

* if memory serves

In the mission editor?

• Plop down a paladin, playable
  • Plop down a player with a laser designator
  • Plop down a target

Then do the previous steps once you're in the mission. The paladin should* spawn with at least one M712 Copperhead which is the projectile you want. You can add more with some scripting, or add ammoboxes with additional copperheads and manually load them into the paladin. Using team switch you can switch to the forward observer while the shell is still in flight.

* if memory serves

That means i shoot in the air with this ammo and then point at a target and i automatically flys there?

By "shoot in the air" I read unaimed, like the middle-easterners who point their guns into the air and fire randomly. So I'll say no.

In the paladin the basic procedure is the same as with all other, unguided, projectiles. Enter the target into the computer, set the gun accordingly, load and fire. Except when the gunner selects the round itself there are a couple extra fields. (I don't remember if the computer shows time to impact or time to activation - in the former case you'd have to subtract.

The copperhead has a limited cone that it can steer into. An over-simplified version is: If a barrage of shells would land around a target, the copperhead could be guided (for a direct hit) onto that target.

This requires at least two people (or a scripted firing solution, which isn't released yet), the gunner in the M109 and the FO with laser designator.

FO sends the gunner the target grid, six digits is all that is really needed.

Gunner then inputs the target grid and fires the mission like any other mission, except they need to add in the time displayed on the AFCS into the time field for the CLGP (this will turn the CLGP on that far into the flight, letting it look for a laser signal). You can leave the laser code defaulted, if you don't have ACE it doesn't matter, and if you do have ACE it will be the default laser code.

The FO lases the target, if you have ACE you need to make sure that there is a direct line of sight between the laserspot and the CLGP.

Keep the laser on the target and the round should hit.

Just like real life though the CLGP is kind of crap in this as well. It will often do insanely dumb things like not recognize the laser spot or fall short of the target because it didn't calculate its glide path well enough to maintain energy.

Have fun!

Ok that means i load the GPS guided Shell and then enter the "raw grid", shoot there and if there is a lasermarker it will hit the spot i am lasing?

The GPS guided round (Excalibur) is not the same as the CLGP (Copperhead). The CLGP is not loaded by default in the M109.

For Excalibur you don't have to input anything other than the grid. The more accurate the grid the more accurate the target.

If you are using ACE you can use the DAGR and the Vector laser range finder to pull back a 10 digit grid, which is accurate to 1m resolution (this works on most maps).

Yeah i tried the Excalibur but i didnt work for me i cant really work with that thing ^^

And i also tried the ACE Method once and it works, so how do i get the Copperhead? and then how i use it? Sorry for ma dumb QUestions :D

Morganator, have you successfully used the HE or DPICM rounds yet? As in, reliably making them land within 100m of the target regardless of the conditions? If you haven't, you probably need to do that first. "Smart" rounds are no cure-all if that's your problem.

The excalibur (gps) is quirky, to put it mildly. One of its problems is when it passes over the target it starts steering elsewhere.

It also doesn't help if the version you are using is the one in the first post rather than the actual latest version.

how do i get the Copperhead?

Using the latest version, in the editor there is an ammobox that will contain a copperhead shell. Take that into your inventory, go to the back of the paladin, and load it in.

At that point, see my post for all the steps you need to take.

This requires at least two people (or a scripted firing solution, which isn't released yet), the gunner in the M109 and the FO with laser designator.

Or the teamswitch function in singleplayer/editor. Worked well for me.

Nou, two questions:

What is the official or best way to get the latest version for arma2? Would it be either of these?

http://raceriv.com/arma2/sa_m109a6_3.rar

http://raceriv.com/arma2/sa_m109a6_uo.rar

What's the status of paladin for arma3?

I know you're busy with acre2 and ace3, and you always have a lot of interesting projects going like the spalling, but I would like this too... I'm greedy, I know ;)

What's the status of paladin for arma3?

I know you're busy with acre2 and ace3, and you always have a lot of interesting projects going like the spalling, but I would like this too... I'm greedy, I know ;)

I have also been wondering this, sorry for the thread digging but definitely an amazing vehicle which is well missed. Would be great if we could find out what happened after the Front heavy youtube video and stuff.

At the very least there will be a desert and woodland version in arma 3 as part of the RHS: USF mod but there maybe a standalone version as well

It is currently working in A3 except for the whole self-propelled part... That is fairly critical. :P

With all my projects going at the moment, learning configing for PhysX vehicles is not one of the things I've done yet.

Sounds great PhysX isn't too bad I was expecting many other problems, so the FCS works fine ?

Hi, I'm currently working on my first mod for Arma 3, which some day may become an improvement for the artillery system. But currently I am still struggling with laying the gun (can't get animate to work), so I wanted to ask if it is allowed to have a look at the scripts to find out how you guys did it?

Sure, go ahead. The scripts are a bit rough though, so take them with a grain of salt. I personally would not implement them how they are implemented now if I had to do it again (and it's improved in the private builds I use for testing).

Nouber would you ever consider releasing said version without the self-propelled part working ?

Heh, this is actually almost fully ready to go in A3, I just need to get around to polishing it up a bit.

Well... It's been 2 years since the last reply. Might as well, revive it with an epi-pen!

Anyway, 1st time ever using this forum, switched to A3 three months ago.

I used to play A2 quite a lot, discovered ACE2, switched to it, and in the mashup of different mods I use for realism in A2, I found this! Boy, was I happy. :D

I can't describe this mod with words, it's just perfect. But I've been wondering... What about A3? Is it out or is anything happening? Still working on it?

Just wanted to know and let others know as well.

Cheers.

=====================

G.Drunken

On 7/1/2017 at 5:45 PM, G.Drunken said:

Well... It's been 2 years since the last reply. Might as well, revive it with an epi-pen!

Anyway, 1st time ever using this forum, switched to A3 three months ago.

I used to play A2 quite a lot, discovered ACE2, switched to it, and in the mashup of different mods I use for realism in A2, I found this! Boy, was I happy. :D

I can't describe this mod with words, it's just perfect. But I've been wondering... What about A3? Is it out or is anything happening? Still working on it?

Just wanted to know and let others know as well.

Cheers.

=====================

G.Drunken

Download RHS USAF MOD there is Paladine same one but better !
1782289_759739547372374_355098680_o_4.jp

On 11/3/2017 at 5:46 PM, AdamWash said:

Download RHS USAF MOD there is Paladine same one but better !
1782289_759739547372374_355098680_o_4.jp

The things is, I know this information already, but I was wondering what is going on with the FCS.

The RHS M109A6 "Paladin" only uses the vanilla ArmA III artillery computer, and I don't like it. Back in ArmA II, this mod was a beast and it still is.

Time for a thread necro.

Pulled ArmA II out of storage and have been dabbling around. Not sure the Paladin likes modern hardware. The FCS is clipped top and bottom.  No, changing game resolution has no effect.  No matter what, the FCS screen stays the same, top and bottom masked by screen edges.

Any fix or workaround?