soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin v1.1 (UPDATED)

Hey folks. Paladin manual does not say anything about that missile round thingy, copperhead or somethin, CLGP... What is that and how to use it? I see you can enter laser code, everything else as usual. Do I need to enter time of flight? I am able to hit targets with it but I'd like to have more info.

Also the GPS rounds seem to be bitchy... Target was 5.97km away from paladin, it could not programm a solution... It happened way to often that it could not calculate a solution, with closer and further distanced targets. And even if I could calculate, the round would never land. Is there a way to track the round to see whats going on with it?

Edited by megagoth1702

also from bis stuff only use chernarus and takistan as the others are just too small for targeting.

Apparently this is the case, as I was trying to use Utes (even at opposite ends of the map) and the barrel simply wouldn't point the right way (not even close, actually). I would think it would at least *try* to aim in the right direction, even if the distance is too short...

EDIT: I just tried Takistan and am having the same problem. It actually seems like the barrel is pointing 90 degrees from where it is supposed to. For example, trying to shoot toward the NW results in a computed barrel direction of NE. What am I doing wrong? I have checked the calculations precisely with a solider at the exact target point with GPS and I am inputting everything correctly. I also tried Takistan because that map was supposed to work (has 00,00 in the lower left corner).

???

Edited by MavericK96

Never mind, it's starting to look like it has something to do with the map grid addon or something. I tried it on stock everything and it seems to work fine.

Hey folks. Paladin manual does not say anything about that missile round thingy, copperhead or somethin, CLGP... What is that and how to use it? I see you can enter laser code, everything else as usual. Do I need to enter time of flight? I am able to hit targets with it but I'd like to have more info.

The copperhead flies like a normal shell until the timer, at which point it starts to look for laser dots to home on.

If you have several laser dots in the area, the code field is used to select which one to seek on. The default code, including the code used by designators that cannot set their codes, is 1001. This is also the default if you don't enter anything into the field. Note that laser codes is an ACE feature.

Also the GPS rounds seem to be bitchy... Target was 5.97km away from paladin, it could not programm a solution... It happened way to often that it could not calculate a solution, with closer and further distanced targets. And even if I could calculate, the round would never land. Is there a way to track the round to see whats going on with it?

I have a script, ripped from "lost key" and slightly modified, that puts the camera behind the shell as it flies. Note that in some instances, delayed fuze shells in particular, some script trickery (object replacement) in the addon keep it from working correctly.

I've also been using a satcam script for target designation - and had one shell that detonated elsewhere, after the previous one hit. About the same time an enemy fighter jet patrolling the area went missing.

Back on topic;

Recently, the excalibur was restricted to zone 3 and 4. This means a large minimum range. (Frankly, inside that range, standard HE is usually accurate enough unless you need a delay fuze penetration of a small building.) The excalibur code is somewhat flaky though. Before the minimum charge increase I had a case where on charge 1 it would seek a target 100m beyond the target, and charge 2 would hit dead on. The same problems probably persist for other gun/target combos for zones 3 and 4. Unlike the real excalibur, it's also really flaky when you fire it at an offset azimuth. At least it doesn't seek back to its origin, like one recalled excalibur series tried to.

When it does compute, and it doesn't hit, please take a screenshot of the fcs, and let us know what world/island/terrain this shot was taken on.

Edited by MaHuJa_

;2005515']Empty > Armored > M109A6 (D) [uS]

I guess I really didn't look hard enough. I could almost swear that wasn't there 3 hours ago. :P lol

Thanks.

Guys NICE Traked!

Bugs:

Paladin has no sound when you turn the gun turret and machine gun does not work if the commander looked out + camera commander looks to the left and not directly

Wish see that in ACE or ACE compateble :)

It is ACE compat right now, and will be in ACE when we get some more stuff finalized. :)

Bugs:

Paladin has no sound when you turn the gun turret and machine gun does not work if the commander looked out + camera commander looks to the left and not directly

Wish see that in ACE or ACE compateble :)

Try to keep up mate :p

lmao... another ACE request and he doesn't realize it's already ACE compatible.

lmao... another ACE request and he doesn't realize it's already ACE compatible.
Im sure half of the people asking for ACE compatibility don't even know what that actually means :P

Im sure half of the people asking for ACE compatibility don't even know what that actually means :P

Can we get ACE comp... Wait, what does that even mean? Is that were I put it in a mission while running ACE, and I use it effectively? Oh wait, in that case, that's the ONLY time I've used it. :P

It is ACE compat right now, and will be in ACE when we get some more stuff finalized. :)

Nice stuff! but, Nou, plz change a sound of charging round :))))

because sounds like a street market :)

Nice stuff! but, Nou, plz change a sound of charging round :))))

because sounds like a street market :)

FPDR, another silly request (you've made sooo many since signing up). These guys are not a games company, they do it in their free time, have some respect.

No need to change it SA/Nou/Rexe, its perfect how it is.

;2008898']FPDR' date=' another silly request (you've made sooo many since signing up). These guys are not a games company, they do it in their free time, have some respect.

No need to change it SA/Nou/Rexe, its perfect how it is.[/quote']

These guys have done an awesome job on this, but it's not perfect by any means. (The Sounds, that is) So there's no reason to be so rude to some dude just making a suggestion.

The sounds, specially for reloading, are an issue. They're usable, certainly. But when you reload, you get the sound directly taken from what sounds like the loaders compartment of one of these IRL, totally unedited. The problem with that is that you don't hear any hint of engine sounds up until this point. Then suddenly you hear some incredible loud engine noise cut in without warning, and as soon as the gun is loaded, it cuts right back out, even more unexpectedly.

I agree about the sounds, could be better. Not a huge issue but for realism's sake it could stand to have a sound with no background noise (i.e. engine, people talking, etc.).

well here you have a vid

That was the actual source used I think. It does say somewhere... "Sounds are WIP". The engine sound was an issue due to the fuel being removed, so there is no ongoing sound internally when deployed.

I could use more COOL AWESOME sounds... but what's the point, I'm for realism not COD features. If you don't like it, soundmod it. The only sound that is finished somewhat are the externals, was waiting for later versions to fix internals when the fuel / no engine sound was worked around.

Edited by rexehuk

Rexehuk, really good sound reloading, but you need to filter a little bit. And also need to add a sound when the gun rotating, but without the fuel (in the unfolded state)

When you add it to the ACE? :)?

UO is testing new things in development. When its done it will be released to the public....however long it takes.

Are there any issues to make commander turret working properly?