soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin v1.1 (UPDATED)

Given that UO has deployed a newer version of the addon, which includes the new FAPPs, rounds and so on, I guess we're only waiting for the documentation before 1.2 is released here?

indeed and whatever bugs UO finds.

the PRACS version using the BIS artillery computer will be out in our next update.

Sorry to hijack your thread alex....

the PRACS version using the BIS artillery computer will be out in our next update.

Sorry to hijack your thread alex....

lol, is ok.

I think, that in new ACE (On Takistan) is Paladin not working properly. It's heading in the wrong direction.

It worked for me but at Friday there was a ACE update and after the update they changed coordinates or something, because now the gun is heading in the wrong direction when I lay gun.

BTW Where I can find more accurate grids? When I look on map I can see only grids like this one XXXYYY, but in manual there is, that I can use these too -> XXXXYYYY or XXXXXYYYYY.

Where I can find them?

Edited by kllrt

Oh...Ok :D So I can't split a squares on map to nine smaller squares (I did that in Il-2 Sturmovik :P) and then I won't have for example these coods 053163, but these 5310638 ? Do you understand what do I mean? :D

EDIT: w8 I will draw what I mean :)

EDIT2:I tried to draw it, but I found that my way is wrong :D Maybe I will make a video about my problem.

Edited by kllrt

It worked for me but at Friday there was a ACE update and after the update they changed coordinates or something, because now the gun is heading in the wrong direction when I lay gun.

BTW Where I can find more accurate grids? When I look on map I can see only grids like this one XXXYYY, but in manual there is, that I can use these too -> XXXXYYYY or XXXXXYYYYY.

Where I can find them?

If you are using SIX updater we silently patched that issue later in the day on Friday. Verify and Repair on ACE and it should fix it.

It actually goes 0-9 so the "middle line" is the line between 4 and 5.

If you have the ace map tools in your inventory, there's a grid on the compass you can overlay on the map grid, but unfortunately it wasn't resized when they resized the compass, so it's twice as big as it should be. I'm still hoping they'll revert it.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22334

10-digit grids, though... that's pretty much reserved for scripts to find. On certain worlds, the dagr and vector/soon-also-soflam combo will give you a 10-digit grid, but other than that, forget it.

Btw, using the info from page 24 of this thread, I'm trying to work on a script that will convert from grid to position, accurately, regardless of map settings. Even covering crossing the 0 lines and letter eastings. And southings. Now if only I could make the thing actually give a numerical result...

@Nou Thanks! It's working absolutely perfect :D But can you resize maptools? please!

@MaHuJa Ok...I found some videos how to use map tools but they have right size of it :P So I have to wait for fix?

Edited by kllrt

Can you make step-by-step instruction how to get 8-digit grids? :)

They already told you. In the most zoomed in view you´ll have to divide the grid you´re firing at into 9 more parts. So if you wanna hit something in 089/010 (100m grid) more precisely, say left mid - you just punch in 0891/0104 (10m grid) - where now the added 1 stands for left and 4 for mid of the 100m grid.

I hope that makes sense as i haven´t tried myself ... all guesstimated :D

It's not 9 parts, it's 10. 0-4 on the left/bottom side, 5-9 on the right/upper side. (For takistan)

So look at that zoomed-in grid square, try to decide how far across your target point is on a scale of 0 to 9, and use that. Let the precision error (see CEP) and blast radius deal with the rest - unless you're setting up an excalibur, anyway.

I already got it, I saw video from United Operation :D

I already got it, I saw video from United Operation :D

Bah, and here I was trying to make one for you. ;)

. I was off by a few, oops. Edited by kylania

While on the topic of paladin videos, could I get a HE shell variant that looks and sounds like

? (and perhaps has a 10x explosive effect or something).

I'm breaking up just thinking about the resulting video.

i like the originality of the addon however the grids arent working.

im updating from sixupdater, its up to date, and yet the cannon points in a completely different direction than the one it should be pointing at.

am running ace and oa; tried this on custom and BIS maps.

please fix this, and also the external camera in gunner view is somewhat stuck so i cant see anything, id love it to be movable like in commander and driver views so one can see the shell flying off towards the target.

by reading the manual and taking a look at how the gun is operated in-game i take it whoever made it used to crew one of these big boys.

What map are you getting the wrong grids on? Again, if the maps do not have properly formatted grids then there is no good way to get the right position. If either the bottom left corner or the top left corner of the map are not grid 00,00 then the system will not work.

He said he has troubles also in BIS maps.

I suspect he makes some errors when inserting data.

Be sure to insert 8digits coordinates.So XXXXYYYY usually in official map you have only XXXYYY so you have to calculate or guess the last X and Y.

You can enter 6 digits and it will work fine. 90% of the time I enter 6 digit grids because a battery will destroy anything in side that grid.

also from bis stuff only use chernarus and takistan as the others are just too small for targeting.

You can enter 6 digits and it will work fine. 90% of the time I enter 6 digit grids because a battery will destroy anything in side that grid.

ive tried with six digits so far, entering first the X axis and then the Y axis.

will try with more now but it hasnt been working so far :/

noticed island panther starts numbers like this:

101 000|001|002|003|004|005|006|007|008|...

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

y axis coords are numbered top to bottom instead of starting from the bottom :/ incredible that icebreakr could screw something up something that basic but there it is..

anyway i tried it now in takistan and it worked, gotta give this more testing, will try on cherna again

Edited by MirindoR

by reading the manual and taking a look at how the gun is operated in-game i take it whoever made it used to crew one of these big boys.

Nope... just a regular guy :p.

noticed island panther starts numbers like this:

incredible that icebreakr could screw something up something that basic but there it is..

Might want to post here and ask to have Panthera added to the list of maps supported by ASR Map Grids maybe? That's a map that started in ArmA1 and as far as I can tell the push for unified DAGR supported (and therefore Paladin supported) grids is relatively new.