soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin v1.1 (UPDATED)

There will be AI support in the near future, but again, we will not be adding the BIS artillery computer, ever. It is essentially a giant map hack, artillery falls exactly where you click. If we did implement it you'd also only have HE rounds. We would not be able to implement pretty much every other round.

Simple answer: never going to happen.

There will be AI support in the near future, but again, we will not be adding the BIS artillery computer, ever. It is essentially a giant map hack, artillery falls exactly where you click. If we did implement it you'd also only have HE rounds. We would not be able to implement pretty much every other round.

Simple answer: never going to happen.

I have to agree with Nou.

This addon has been created for MULTIPLAYER use primarily, where people using the system will enjoy doing all of this. It is all well and good having things user friendly and open to all, but you are playing a simulation game with military technology.

See it as a learning experience to use something that you would never really get to use in real life, rather than just another pretty model to drive around in.

Most of the stuff modelled for Arma 2 doesn't extend of the actual model itself, essentially things just become a reskin or a plane, offering nothing extra. If BI artillery system was added to this, it would not only be a waste of 6 months work, but it would just be "another model" and an overpowered one at that.

It was unfortunate that we couldn't push an AI friendly first version, but it was important to get it out in the wild so that any issues could be resolved early on in the codes development.

Feedback is good, and I think all three of us have been happy with everyones input so far.

I have to agree with Nou.

cut

100% agreed with you guys

Love the work guys!!! I hope that others will pick up the same ideas and attention to detail in their addons. I love the complexity, even though it doesn't take that long to learn the AFCS. Great documentation for noobs.

Just one question, and I'm not sure if one of you has mentioned this before, (it is probably in another thread) but will there ever be a way to look around in the driver seat? At the dials and such?

Not a big necessity as such, just more for looks. If you don't think it's worth the time and effort, would you be willing to implement it if someone modelled it for you?

Thanks either way.

will there ever be a way to look around in the driver seat? At the dials and such?

Not a big necessity as such, just more for looks. If you don't think it's worth the time and effort, would you be willing to implement it if someone modelled it for you?

Thanks either way.

Lol @ This. Soul Asssassin over to you! (Inside joke).

If someone modelled it for us then it's easy to implement. I've been annoying Soul Assassin asking when he's doing the rest of the model, it's been met with evil stares. Doing the interiors is a huge amount of work for little gain due to their current limited functionality.

Love the work guys!!! I hope that others will pick up the same ideas and attention to detail in their addons. I love the complexity, even though it doesn't take that long to learn the AFCS. Great documentation for noobs.

Just one question, and I'm not sure if one of you has mentioned this before, (it is probably in another thread) but will there ever be a way to look around in the driver seat? At the dials and such?

Thanks either way.

i dunno, it would depend on the quality of the work I guess. But if it looks good, made well and is accurate then I dont see why not.

Thanks a lot for this awesome mod!

I've played around with it a little and i came across the following:

After engaging the drive lock (spade system) and executing a firemission. i was able to disengage the drive lock, but the fuel level stayed at zero.

Is this a bug or desired behaviour?

And thanks a lot for the detailled manual - awesome (i think, i start to repeat myself :))

regards,

DO

PS: I have to admit, that i havent read the whole thread - so if this has been mentioned before, plz just provide me with a link.

PSS: Is there a release with woodland camo planned?

After engaging the drive lock (spade system) and executing a firemission. i was able to disengage the drive lock, but the fuel level stayed at zero. Is this a bug or desired behaviour?

Read the first post :)

Haha, OMG, thank you :-D

Time to turn red :smileee:

Ive just seen the news on AH, downloaded and played around with your mod.

I even read the manual (which is astonishing!), but ill take a note to myself to read at least the first post of a thread before posting to it ;)

Question from a simple mind; the WP is just smoke? or can it actually be used to arson?

Whats the difference between the HE and GPS HE, i don't seem to clearly see the difference.

Question from a simple mind; the WP is just smoke? or can it actually be used to arson?

Whats the difference between the HE and GPS HE, i don't seem to clearly see the difference.

WP is just smoke right now. In ACE it will probably light things on fire to some degree.

The GPS HE is the M982 Excalibur round. If you put in a 10 digit grid, meaning 1 meter accuracy, it will more than likely hit within 5 meters of that grid, usually much closer. Normal HE rounds just fly balistically and can fall anywhere from 50-100 meters from the target.

HE and GPS He... difference is HUGE. One can hit CEP 5 meters and the other has a CEP of like 20+ meters. GPS HE is the Excalibur artillery round, a truly extraordinary bit of engineering.

3m34eZF3Bsk

Explosive wise they are pretty much the same, but the Excalibur comes in Block I (HE) and Block II (DPICM) versions.

Edited by rexehuk

, it's been met with evil stares.

You too? I get them from him a lot as well. :)

WP is just smoke right now. In ACE it will probably light things on fire to some degree.

"In ACE" - Is this thing coming to ACE or am I reading something different in to that?

"In ACE" - Is this thing coming to ACE or am I reading something different in to that?

It is coming to ACE. :)

It is coming to ACE. :)

I'm crying tears of joy here :yay: That's fantastic!

You too? I get them from him a lot as well. :)

yeh but to you its becuz u hurt my feelings :p

Well, after looking at some walk around pics of the interior, I can definitely see why the stares have been forthcoming. However, I was thinking of modelling the drivers compartment just for a little starter project. I guess I would need to find out the dimensions that would fit into the drivers section and start playing around with a generic driver's LOD just for an example.

Anyways, I suppose this is the wrong forum to discuss such matters, but again, have to say, each day utilizing this work of art in OA, I thoroughly enjoy all of the hard work all of you have put into it.

I am a idiot, so I have no idea how to use a realisitc artillery simulator. Could you possibly make a version using the ARMA artillery computer?

I am a idiot, so I have no idea how to use a realisitc artillery simulator. Could you possibly make a version using the ARMA artillery computer?

Lol, just LOL. This is an Addon for MilSim so it needs realistic FCS!

Its a shame to ask such a question for this wonderful Addon.

I don't think one even has to read all 32 pages of the manual to learn how to fire the Paladin. Maybe just three or four pages at the most and you'll be able to get the gist.

The GPS HE is the M982 Excalibur round. If you put in a 10 digit grid, meaning 1 meter accuracy, it will more than likely hit within 5 meters of that grid, usually much closer.

What's the method for getting the 10 digit grid reference? ACE's DAGR can get you 8 digits with the Vector, but the 'can't zoom in to the map' thing from ACE really makes it difficult to pinpoint, even more so if you're playing without map contacts on. :)

Also, I searched the thread but didn't see anything about the zoomed in and off center gunner external view? Is that intended? I'd really love to be able to watch this thing shoot as a gunner instead of just looking at a orange box.

Operation Flashpoint Red River and Dragon Rising should be right up your ally mate.

@kylania

You could always make a roamer (check google under camping and hiking supplies. Very few maps that I've seen go to 10 figures, hence the roamer.

What's the method for getting the 10 digit grid reference? ACE's DAGR can get you 8 digits with the Vector, but the 'can't zoom in to the map' thing from ACE really makes it difficult to pinpoint, even more so if you're playing without map contacts on. :)

Also, I searched the thread but didn't see anything about the zoomed in and off center gunner external view? Is that intended? I'd really love to be able to watch this thing shoot as a gunner instead of just looking at a orange box.

I beleive a ruler such as the map tool is the way to go. Pen and notepad at your side and a ruler on your screen. Milsim all the way, baby (but without the knees's issues). :yay: