Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Community Feedback Thread - TOH:CP

i flew up to about 4900 meters and it ran out of gas :D

takeonhpreview201106241.th.jpg

the falling chopper seems to retain a characteristic of being on a string, the way it swings back and forth during freefall.

'reference' video uploading ... .. . trying to at least

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Just had a quick go and it was a bit easier than I was expecting! :) FWIW in my one and only helicopter lesson IRL the instructor let me try to hover. I very quickly ended up in a feedback-induced oscillation whereas in the game i found it much more stable. This was with auto-hover and auto-trim disabled and using a logitech gamepad.

Other comments...

* Like everyone else, I've noticed that the collective only ranges from 50-100% if you set the 'thrust' to analogue.

* The options for "auto hover on" and "auto trim on" are confusing since it's unclear whether they mean "TURN xx on" or "xx IS currently on". Changing the wording would help a bit.

Other than that - great job - this looks like fun :)

wow, this preview is awsome...

All my dreams come true with this engine upgrade... trackir 6 dof, better flight phisics, interactive cockpit etc.

I just hope all this gets into Arrowhead and Arma 3.

One other thing... despite the hint saying to use "right ctrl-H" for enhanced HUD, I couldn't get it to do anything.

One other thing... despite the hint saying to use "right ctrl-H" for enhanced HUD, I couldn't get it to do anything.

It just toggles the majority of the HUD on and off as far as I could tell.

wd1W2l.jpg

Thanks Sniperwolf. Strange, it definitely isn't doing anything for me though. Maybe a keybinding issue ?

Thanks Sniperwolf. Strange, it definitely isn't doing anything for me though. Maybe a keybinding issue ?

Right Ctrl + M is the keybind to toggle the GPS provided you are using the default controls. If you've changed that binding then maybe it will work if you use your keybind for it.

Edit: Scratch that. Thanks to sbsmac for pointing out the difference.

Edited by Zipper5

Right Ctrl + M is the keybind to toggle the GPS provided you are using the default controls. If you've changed that binding then maybe it will work if you use your keybind for it.

It's R-CTRL-H (not M) to toggle the HUD. According to the key-bindings in my options/controls settings this is still set but I'm certainly not seeing any effect when I hit that key combination. (R-CTRL-M does show GPS though!)

Check your difficulity settings, extended HUD was disabled for me by default :)

-Ziggy-;1965099']i flew up to about 4900 meters and it ran out of gas :D

the falling chopper seems to retain a characteristic of being on a string' date=' the way it swings back and forth during freefall.

'reference' video uploading ... .. . trying to at least[/quote']

MnvMRH_oBZ8

+ This is going to be sooo fun, nice model, pink UI is sexy!, RENDER TO TEXTURE, awesome work BIS

- I broke the helicopter before I had gotten 5 m high :p

Edited by ArmAriffic

Did you set the digital or analog throttles in ArmA 2/ComPrevTakOH controls setup? If you have it under Throttle then no wonder why they go full up and full down because they're recognized as digital input. If you put it at Throttle Acceleration (analog) (or something alike, you can find it at aircraft controls) you will not have any problems ... that worked for me.

OK, my fault. :o

Thx SmukY!:bounce3: Hmm, never used these analog settings for Thrust before.

Now I´m back in ToH testing the FM.:dance1:

@swissMAG: Thx for reply to!:)

I really wish I could try out TKOH, but I don't have Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead! :(

Bug:

I was trying to land when my chopper flipped over and I was still alive, It did not burn but all that happend was that the bottom broke of and all the rotors.

wtc8le.jpg

Edit: Why is the picture so blurry? (Atleast you can see what I mean with it)

Pretty nice job on physics. Now add chopper physics to ArmA - I want to fly Apache with all the turbulence and inertia

The only problems I've noticed so far are:

- moving head (as I take it that's moving head) using CTRL is too fast, too sensitive

- when using CTRL and moving mouse to the left, the camera goes through the door

- have to hold ALT to see interaction points, while the idea is OK it needs polishing as navigating in such way isn't comfortable.

I have heard stories from my friends that the TrackIR support is not very good aswell

I do not know anything about it though but I will send them this forum thread.

Please make the trims work like in DCS Black Shark:

The difference for trim between a FFB stick and non-feedback stick for Ka-50:

FFB ex: - You push stick forward to maintain a desired pitch while flying. You press trim and the stick will stay in that position allowing you to release pressure with your hand to make things more comfortable and less fatiguing. How well certain FFB sticks do this for Ka-50 I am not sure since I never owned one. Also, with a FFB stick it can be used for other sims like IL-2 and FSX and the stick will react to different events, cannon fire, stall buffet etc.

Non FFB ex: In Ka-50 to simulate the above, you push stick forward to maintain a desired pitch while flying. You press trim, then release the stick to let it center. You now have a new center that is equal to where the stick was when you pressed trim. There is also another trim simulation option, but the above method is the default.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=69999&highlight=trim+force+feedback

Edited by Le_CuLtO

- have to hold ALT to see interaction points, while the idea is OK it needs polishing as navigating in such way isn't comfortable.

Perhaps if it could be toggled instead.

Indeed. The best way will be to press ALT and have a cursor appear, only not stuck in the center like it is now but completely controllable by mouse and rotate the camera only when moving the cursor to edges of the screen. Interact then press ALT to get back to character control.

Currently I use ALT to freelook. Not everyone have TrackIR (actually I do, but I don't have it hooked up right now), nor should it be a requirement. But I agree, center based clicking rather than free mouse is tiring to work with. Not sure what would be a great way to tackle it though.

Dont know if i set it up right, but first impressions:

Very funny to fly! Felt pretty good so far.

Performance was down the drain though even with lowest view and object draw distance. Im guessing its the pic-in-pic? Looked like it was full quality in the mirror so that might explain it.

Anyway, a WIP test and the heli felt very fun to fly. Will test more tomorrow. Thanks BIS for the opportunity to play with your toys. :)

Performance was down the drain though even with lowest view and object draw distance. Im guessing its the pic-in-pic? Looked like it was full quality in the mirror so that might explain it.

Hopefully it can be disabled/optimized for people who barely/never use it (like myself). :p