Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Community Feedback Thread - TOH:CP

... That's because you didn't bother reading the "Readme".

And you don't need to reinstall anything, don't be a drama queen.

Thanks, and sorry for my anger, I only hoped the preview will be more simpler, I didn't expected errors

Man this helicopters shit is hard... :386:

I really hope they keep the simplified flight model in ArmA 3.

First impression... spinning wildly, no control. Better read more about how to control this thing! :) Is it at all intended to be used with the keyboard/mouse?

Stop cheating guys, there is no auto-trim!

Whenever this new flight model finds it´s way into Arma(3) we´ll finally have the wannabe pilots stopped. Looking forward to it!

PS:

NF3fYGtCxTw

:D

edit:

I really hope they keep the simplified flight model in ArmA 3.

No. Serverside setting / optional is the way to go methinks.

It definately must be in!

Any chance to have a torrent ?

Already tried to download the preview several times with no luck, average speed of 2.2Ko... :(

do you know how i can solve the "Error compilling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1" error?

No. Serverside setting / optional is the way to go methinks.

It definately must be in!

Most people (myself included) aren't going to want to spend hours practicing just so they can go from point A to point B in ArmA 3. Forcing it upon people is only going to make them ragequit, so if it is in it better be optional (and not default).

I really can't comment much on MP usage though...

Edited by Big Dawg KS

do you know how i can solve the "Error compilling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1" error?

Start the game with the Take On shortcut in the root folder, as the readme says. Don't try and fiddle around with having mod launchers on the original OA .exe and whatnot.

Most people (myself included) aren't going to want to spend hours practicing just so they can go from point A to point B in ArmA 3. Forcing it upon people is only going to make them ragequit, so if it is in it better be clientside.

Personally i woulnd´t want to have arcade and sim pilots mixed on our server. It´s either one or the other.

If someone doesn´t like it, search another server - usually goes like that anyways when opinions differ.

Any chance to have a torrent ?

Already tried to download the preview several times with no luck, average speed of 2.2Ko... :(

*setting up mirror*

edit: http://armed-assault.de/downloads/take-on-helicopters-community-preview.html :)

Edited by Mr Burns

my first community preview experience in a nutshell:

its goddamn hard flying with a mouse. I should dust off my joystick.

Really great, I installed Take On Preview, I allowed it in the game, and restarted it. And now? Game is crashed, when i want start the game, I see only error table:

"Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1"

Thanks anyway, I'm enjoying reinstall of ArmA II, Operation Arrowhead, Reinforcement and tonne of patches...

I had that error the first time, I reinstalled the TKOH preview, and then found a shortcut to start it in the Arma 2 folder - worked like a charm.

Personally i woulnd´t want to have arcade and sim pilots mixed on our server. It´s either one or the other.

If someone doesn´t like it, search another server - usually goes like that anyways when opinions differ.

It would certainly sort the men from the boys, I am all for them having to play it the hard way.

It would be nice if the AI have to suffer the extra realities of Turbulence and vortex Ring etc, would make for some interesting missions for sure.

Looking forward to getting home from work to have my first taste of the Take On experience. Already downloaded and fed onto a USB drive to save valuable time.

Heh, well, if I set trim to auto, it's just like flying an MH6 with the occasional shake, and a touchy bitch on landing.

...if I don't set trim to auto, I tend to die. :(

But hell, I remember struggling when ArmA's flight model came out. I remember that great video of some guy doing a preview taking off in the AH1 and dying several seconds later, which was hilarious. I don't see anything that is unconquerable.

First impressions for Take On are great.

Takistan at 20KM view and object distance is awesome.

I also ran Zargabad and Chernarus at 20KM but needed to drop objects to 10KM to be playable, looks awesome and performs as well as CO with the same settings (High) but much lower (3KM) view distance.

The flight model is tough, like most others the first few tries without auto-trim ended with me impacting the dirt. Liking the 6DoF for TrackIr and Render to Texture also.

Thanks

Edited by aeggwards1

So... wth taking off is so damn hard? Once i am in the air it's manageable, even landing is hard but not as hard as the take off!

Like I said, for keyborad pilot auto trim is a must, having auto-trim off the FM works beautifully with joystick that acturaly came with a rudder paddle(unless you want to get tennis elbow:D)

@Turin Turambar: Well from what I've heard they suffer primary, secondary, and tertiary effects on all controls. You thought it was going to be easy? :D

Btw, does your volume clouds work? I only get them in the interface, like during pausing, not while flying.

Thanks a lot for the mirrors guys :)

I've been watching SmukY's vid and it looks like 6 DOF isn't fully implemented (yet?) ?

Can someone confirm this ?

EDIT : woops forget about that

Edited by Macadam Cow

Where is that bubble gum pink thingy?

Found it yet?

Options/Game Options/User Interface/

Beware, I do not know of long term effect on the mind.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

An impossible wish, but it'd be nice if the avatar-using-the-controls theme was carried across to every vehicle in A3. :don8:

...and static weapons, etc. :)

Edited by CameronMcDonald

I just tried engaging a tunguska with a maverick from a 2km altitude...

B-E-A-UTIFUL

10 years since flashpoint i never had this much fun flying. Epic, pure epic...

I have the feeling that once I tackle the hover part and the landing part then I will be ready to have a go with the real thing:D

Time to get myself a new set of TIR5+headclip pro and a joystick thats work!:p

j/k BTW

I just tried engaging a tunguska with a maverick from a 2km altitude...

B-E-A-UTIFUL

10 years since flashpoint i never had this much fun flying. Epic, pure epic...

erm...ain't there only the MD-500 mockup acturally function?:confused:

Edited by 4 IN 1