Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Community Feedback Thread - TOH:CP

Who's idea was the "Bubble Gum Pink" option? :D

I'll give you a hint -- he likes suit-case 'proper' nukes, and end of the world gameplay...

:)

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
Commanches, too, apparently.. who'd'a known? (yes, Comanche, but i'll leave the 'mm' to annoy you)

Who's idea was the "Bubble Gum Pink" option? :D

:whistle:

Track Ir 5 seems to be too sensitive with default settings (compare too other sims).

Edited by Papanowel

awesome fun. very sensitive. may i ask please to enable full analogue throttle mapping on saitek x52 throttles as mine only goes between full power and half way down - screwing up the control a bit.

awesome fun. very sensitive. may i ask please to enable full analogue throttle mapping on saitek x52 throttles as mine only goes between full power and half way down - screwing up the control a bit.

I'm having the same problem with my Saitek X52. Also, it looks like I cannot apply full yaw and pitch because the helicopter turns quite slow.

Mine's kinda fine... Thought it works only from 50 to 100% like in ArmA, I have a full control over throttle :)

But I do have some issues with sensitivity of roll axis, maybe pitch too...

Can any X52 user post a pic with their in-game controller settings?

Edited by Max255[PL]

I had only Arma2, without OA, and I've just ordered OA to play TakeOn CommPreview.

Awesome video, keep them coming, cant wait to fly by myself.

First impression: FLYING WITH AUTO-TRIM OFF WITHOUT A PROPER JOYSTICK IS SCARY :p

I'm getting a "Wrong CD Key" error when trying to install the Community Preview. I've tried running the EXE as admin, and running the EXE from the OA folder, but I've had no luck with either of those.

I have a Steam install of Operation Arrowhead on a 64 bit version of Windows 7, if it matters.

Edit: Fixed by starting Operation Arrowhead on Steam before installing the Community Preview.

Edited by CHKilroy

if you're lolling at me, well I am glad to have provided you with amusement. but the glovepie work around http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108410&highlight=glovepie] gives full control in arma2. just was hoping in this heli sim i would get full control as defualt. guess not. just lol hey.

I would think he was laughing at "Take On Barbie", as I was also!

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

This is serious lol, my first 4 tries already resulted in the worst crashes since ArmA1 was released :p

@ CP:

I don't have words to describe the happiness!! :) :)

This dev is just unbelievable! Really, BI, you get me speachless again and again! :)

@twisted: Sorry, no lol'ing at the "dialogue" above, "Bubble Gum Pink" and nukes and the like :)

Sorry, been a long time since I installed from scratch, but in what file do I set resolutions? Esc alt+enter takes me to windowed mode as in Arma, but I get a 4:3 aspect ratio rather than the 16:10 I need.

Sorry, been a long time since I installed from scratch, but in what file do I set resolutions? Esc alt+enter takes me to windowed mode as in Arma, but I get a 4:3 aspect ratio rather than the 16:10 I need.

Yeah, my video options for the demo went to odd options also, but it has it's on Video Options where I only had to change about 4 of them to my likes.

So my first impressions:

First I tried fly over Chernarus from main airfield to north east airfield, somehow for third time I managed to get there, with no luck with landing :D.

Then I tried takistan mission, after "few" try I get to landing era, there after 5 minut sweaty landing attemp I finally crash and died.

So far I'm positive, I like it :). Next attemp tomorow or at night.

I fly without trim with same Joystick like BI have on E3.

Is it a know issue(or should I say, non-feature) that the right hand pilot seat rudder paddle is not animated?

also, is the collective control sensitive control a bit too low? or is it realistic?

Trim control is some what expected for keyboard pilots, we don't have controlled continuing input for rudder, only something like ON/OFF

Edited by 4 IN 1

My first attempt: "Why am I spinning left ... Hello, stop with the shaking ... AND THE SPINNING, STOP oh phew now I got OMFGHOUSE ah phew AHGROUND!" ( With keyboard, haven't hooked up my X52 )

Then I discovered auto-trim :D

Seriously, this is fantastic! Man I'd give both my legs for this kind of flight model in ArmA 3, wow!

Buying this day 1 nonetheless.

Edited by Sethos

My first few landings on that ridge were pure fails. Once i was flying with like 220 km/h and only 29 meters high, when i suddenly fell down really quick. I killed my rotor blades on one of these huge Takistani trees :(. Now i will try the Manual Trim.

Where is that bubble gum pink thingy?

€dit: When i first set manual trim, then auto trim and then release Manual trim, my engine just cuts out and i fall to death, is that normal?

Edited by Mr. Charles

Really great, I installed Take On Preview, I allowed it in the game, and restarted it. And now? Game is crashed, when i want start the game, I see only error table:

"Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1"

Thanks anyway, I'm enjoying reinstall of ArmA II, Operation Arrowhead, Reinforcement and tonne of patches...

Ahh, found it: TKOHPreview.cfg in Documents and Settings\Arma 2 - I was checking the install dir, app data dir, and "Arma 2 Other Profiles", never use the default profile anymore. To change, simply set winW=800; and winH=500; (for 16:10 aspect), then you can resize the view as you see fit afterwards.

Edit: Also set the winDefW and winDefH to the same as the above, or the view will snap back to 4:3 the moment you start dragging.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Really great, I installed Take On Preview, I allowed it in the game, and restarted it. And now? Game is crashed, when i want start the game, I see only error table "Error compliling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1"

Thanks anyway, I'm enjoying reinstall of ArmA II, Operation Arrowhead, Reinforcement and tonne of patches...

... That's because you didn't bother reading the "Readme".

And you don't need to reinstall anything, don't be a drama queen.

... That's because you didn't bother reading the "Readme".

And you don't need to reinstall anything, don't be a drama queen.

Wait, ain't he already been a drama queen?:confused:

Ok so just loaded it up, No load issues, did the community preview scenario, runs smoothly and the controls are fine, flys very well, handles better than standard OA helicopters.

Overall very impressed :)