Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Community Feedback Thread - TOH:CP

G'day all of you.

Ok so the idea of this thread is for a sort of central 'Forum Based' feedback regarding the Community Preview.

To keep it organised and easier for the devs to read we could use a format for reports.

RELEASED AND AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

http://takeonthegame.com/download/community-preview/

[bUG]

-Brief Information

-Screenshot (possibly)

[ERROR]

-Brief Information

-Screenshot (possibly)

-Error Code

[FEATURE]

-Suggestion

Just brainstorming and trying to make it easier :)

Thank you to Big Dawg KS for pointing out the Dev-Heaven project page for this very need. :)

It can be found at:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/toh-cit

Literally trying to help people....FPDR

RELEASE DATE: 24.06.11

Edited by OChristie

Ah, my mistake, havent been around for a while so do forgive my lack of knowledge regarding bug reporting.

I guess we could use this thread to discuss posted bug repots or what not.

devheaven does that as well...

Everyone is so hostile. A simple:

We actually have this thing called dev heaven to post and discuss bugs it is at: www.dev-heaven.net, but cheers for the thought and idea anyway.

Would have been sufficient.. How was I supposed to no about the dev heaven site? I haven't seen any other threads?

It usually appears in the changelog of arma patches :p

Thank you to Big Dawg KS for sarcasticaly pointing out the Dev-Heaven project page for this very need.

Everyone is so hostile.
Someone simply pointing out what you could of discovered easily had you used the search feature... and you consider that hostile? :rolleyes:

You can't be serious...

To be honest I really am not that bothered. Just was trying to help keep things organised :D

End of dit.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I wasn't sure if you knew about the issue tracker and was seriously asking. I figured you might have had some reason to have a thread as well.

Nope first time I had seen Dev-Hev when you posted the link :)

At when can we expect the release of com. preview?

Yeah, I know and thanks anyway. It came up after hour and half after my post :D

Oh, that was difficult. As soon as I take auto hover off, the helicopter starts spinning out of control, and I can't find any way of stopping this. Any helpful tips on how to fly this thing would be most welcome!:o

Oh, that was difficult. As soon as I take auto hover off, the helicopter starts spinning out of control, and I can't find any way of stopping this. Any helpful tips on how to fly this thing would be most welcome!:o

I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like you need rear rotor control.

You need to counter-act with your rudder controls, same buttons as in Arma.

It was poorly done in my opinion, because unless you have pressure based buttons/axis and not just a "normal" button, the rudder won't be perfectly controlled. I did not check to see if there was any setting to change this however.

The first thing I noticed when I started the preview scenario, was that the pilot is in the wrong seat. Yes, you can fly choppers from both seats, but if there is only one pilot, they are flown from the right-hand seat.

I never understood why in Arma, Black Hawks were flown from the right-hand seat, but little birds from the left for example.

The flight-model was.. interesting, it felt a bit sluggish, and you need a pretty sensitiv joystick to fly it well, my joystick has fairly big dead-zone, for my taste anyway. I fly helicopters in FSX so I'm fairly demanding when it comes to my joystick.

Turn on the auto trim. ;)

I did not actually try the trim, but the real-life trim does not trim the rudder, it trims the cyclic.

I was also a bit disappointed that the start-up procedure was so automated..

This said, I will try the final version before deciding wether it is worth it.

Edited by Mavericko

I did try to counteract it with the rudder controls, and while it helped, it was not enough to gain control. Also, as far as I remember, when I looked in the action menu, the auto trim was on.

But I'm sure the solution is just to keep trying and getting more training/experience. I think it's a good sign that you can't just jump in and start flying. You can't do that in real life, so if you can do it in a game then it is obviously very simplified and not very realistic.

Currently the keyboard throttle is way too insensitive. It can result in crashes when you're landing but you can't increase collective in time.

Anyone wanna do a quick video to get me through the working day :P

here you go, my little test on Chernarus. Video is still being processed, after some moment the 720p option will be available.

here you go, my little test on Chernarus.

Hey, auto-trim is for noobs! :p

I should know, afterall, I am one :cool:

Nice vid, though, easy to forget how beautiful Chernarus can be!

Best,

RiE

Done. Flying. Well, not the first attempt - went pretty bad. Second flight with auto trim went a lot smoother. Maybe joystick and pedals are recommended? :D Works with the addons I have, including gaia's debug. It's just simply awesome to be able to give commands while flying. Relatively steady wind at 10,10 gives 14.14m/s gives 27.21kts, but airspeed kinda bounced around 15-20, probably not aligned with the wind, but the bouncing? Is turbulent airflow over the pitot tube modeled or something? :D Loved the mirror ;)