Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Take On Music

BIS should have the same guy who made the arma music make the TKOH music. Those OST's were sick.

mostly without music, only radio chatter. Sometimes fast Wagner for action or even tempered things from Beethoven or Hindemith for high altitude and great view distance..

I like to focus while I'm flying and not listen to music. I would prefer realistic radio chatter, e.g., air traffic control and nearby aircraft, especially considering this is going to be a simulation.

It's fairly straightforward to turn the music down or off. Although I am intrigued to see how or if BIS handle radio chatter. The best solution for me would be, as some have already said, to have the music volume drop during incoming messages.

5BmEGm-mraE

Gu2pVPWGYMQ

lIPan-rEQJA

jxNEiZhpinY

and if we're staying with classics, this for something particularly nasty

AyggY_R3jU8

Edited by sharpe34
videos wouldn't load at first

you still have to edit you post ;) you take a look at the link of the youtube video and then only use the Youtube-ID, which would be Gu2pVPWGYMQ in the first case.

you now simply put it in the youtube bracket

Gu2pVPWGYMQ

Probably proper radio comms from the control tower would be great.

ZO6giM9UAv0&feature=related

Maybe not so chopper related but still :p

We really had some nice tracks you have a good time listening to.

But dont forget, we are talking about BG music for a helicopter sim. Music with a lot of vocals and rythm can be very distracting. The music should not be an autonom elemt but just underline the gameplay and add its part to the atmosphere. Of course this can differ from song to song and things like riding an Huey with gimme shelter or fortunate sun are unbeaten

but since the Focus of TAKOH is a civil based helicopter simulator, the game music should not be too dominant

Anything from The Cinematic Orchestra: Crimson Wing. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. It's even intended to inspire thoughts of flight.

ooKly0unyzM

r2rIm_Td2Mk&feature=related

Edited by Daniel

-Ziggy-;1997552']I like the track featured in the newly released video with the e3 screens. :slayer:

http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-slideshows/

It has potential, but they need to listen to some E.g. Ash Ra Temple (AKA: Ashra/Ash Ra, Manuel Göttsching) for inspiration for instrumentals.

e.g.

Echo Waves

Eight Tracks

Blackouts

Boomerang

Shuttle Cocks

Lotus Pt1 / 2

77 Slightly Delayed

Midnight on Mars

for the TOH official mission, id say mostly instrumentals, old school rock for action, electronic for non action.

there is ofc types from both genres that fits with action/non action.

the ability to have a builtin mediaplayer using custom folder to play most used formats, like mp3 etc.

My biggest wish, builtin mediaplayer wich can link to websites for radio shows, maybe some aspiring hobby dj can run a TOH radio station, telling "fake" useless info about the TOH world, doing interviews, playing music etc like any other radio station.

This could also be a good platform for comercials or news directly from BIS.

You can see something similar with everadio made for eve online.

or just a prerecorded various radio chatter with additional different songs, like done in GTA.

Even when fake, the radio telling about the weather, the lady that got run over by the bus in Sakhe, fight on crime progress etc adds so much to the immersion and escape from real life experience, could also with some effort be related to actual ingame events, like forest fires, and you are asigned with water transport, or police scanners ingame when you are providing air support for law enforcement ingame.

Or simply all above with more :D

The music in the slideshow is terrible. And yet I'm a big electronic junkie.

Make Matejka write a proper OST

I agree that the music should be instrumental, especially when there is radio chatter.

For the somewhat action packed / fast flying missions we need screeching guitars!

W8GfFqCy58U

nXUhlhl1NSE

yFgnEF9OnAs

xJ36OHhbVDY

For the more sceneric missions this would fit:

EF_4u9QNh_M

Instrumental progressive rock (like the already suggested Oceansize tracks) works best without distracting too much IMO.

Usually when flying Black Shark I put on some chill/lounge music. As long as it is relaxing.

Maybe also add an in-game radio where you can listen to your own MP3's placed in a specific folder or something for "free/non story driven flights (like GTA does)?

Clearly the music in the most recent trailer is electronic style. Specifically dubstep, wobble bass and "slow" kick and snare. I like it though.

Can always get out the music player and use that if you wanna play the sos while flying. So, not sure some of you you old fogeys and your classic rock are gonna like it. :p

As I said in other thread, this song suit for night fly. Flying through the downtown aah :headphones2:.

IlEkvbRmfrA

Too bad aircraft radios are for comms and 108-118 for navaids ranges though (excluding HF and Immarsat of course). Would have to be a "itemRMRadio" or "itemCellPhone" or something that you could hook up to the intercom :D

Nevertheless, pretty cool idea. Stream whatever internet radio channel you want, with automatic attenuation during communications, with radio volume control and address setup in options :p

Electronic chillout. ;)

Ambient Dubstep ftw?

a0yryGhtTrk

(must play in hd)

It's free too... So... BIS should contact that guy and get it in the game. LOL

Here's another chillout kinda, but only avail on vinyl, and not sure how it would go with flying, since it's not really that ambient.

blDqnFOSgOo

+100 other "chillout" track suggestions.

Edited by Dead3yez

I wish BIS would make a contract with Detroit local radio station and puts their radio stream into TakOH or even better, people can put a radio stream of their wish into a config file or something similar and always have their favourite music ;)