Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Take On Music

For chilled, night/dawn/dusk missions, you can't beat an Oceansize instrumental track:

O9s0WfQCCYY

Adventurous music.

8AEU5pBxY6E

Free-Flight Music.

rwRqD4Kmiy4

Edited by Ghost Warrior

ATC chatter, with possibility to tune into an ATIS (listen to the sample) service. ATIS and to some extent ATC chatter should be possible using Arma sentence building.

I never listened to music in flightsim. On long flights I'd fall asleep on autopilot just listening to the engines (twin piston was my favorite aircraft type, Cessna 421, Beech Baron B58, and DC3 by far the best for me) while I dozed off to dreamland :D

If there is good weather simulation, I'd like to be able to read a METAR or maybe even a TAF.

As for...

Although, rather more worryingly, he's been know to 'yam' to a bit of 'Italian Hardcore'

I feel sorry for you guys :p

If there is to be music, I would suggest going for something that doesn't demand attention listening to. Instrumental, chillout, ambient, downtempo. Look up Morlack (Lucid Dreams) or Xerxes for examples of what I have in mind. Long instrumental soundscapes without any lyrics going - nice background sounds where you don't thump the beat with your feet (not recommended in a helicopter :D).

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Some good Rock songs like there was in the 70's , Vietnam era music with Huey sounds behind

If possible the "My Music" folder would be great, so people can listen to whatever they like.

That being said, I'll probably listen to some nice electronic chill, maybe vocal house and such.

One of the most important things for me would be a system in place that lowers the music volume when there is something on the radio, so you can hear this better.

I have seen this system once, when I was flying with some private plane that had a CD radio in it. The trick was that the music doesn't go completely away, just very low volume.

One of the most important things for me would be a system in place that lowers the music volume when there is something on the radio, so you can hear this better.

I have seen this system once, when I was flying with some private plane that had a CD radio in it. The trick was that the music doesn't go completely away, just very low volume.

The game "Aces High II" has this implemented. The radio is big part of combat, so when a squadmate comes on the radio, your music or sound effects are dimmed so you can clearly hear the person on the radio.

When I fly, I like to listen to:

• First the radio communication , air traffic and control. as well as weather information broadcast with real ingame data:pray:

I think that while flying, this will bring up the immersion even more.

this.

Some really great links here, guys, thanks very much!

A brief 'analysis' would suggest two things, (aside from the mind-numbingly obvious fact that people like different kinds of music :o)

1. it's probably best to have something a little more instrumental
  2. Radio chatter plays a big part, both functionally and ambiently
  3. People would like to play their own music

Anyway, blissfully ignoring the fact that was actually 3 things, I wplayed through most the suggestions in the background (fyi - no; yes) while testing some missions (namely: Community Preview). Good stuff, one and all!

I will leave you with this one, though:

Uk-_5U6HOTI

Best,

RiE

Comparing this helicopter pilot with my skills i seem to fly like a retarded monkey, missing at least 1 arm and being blind on one eye :(

But nice choice of music ;)

Pfft - Jurassic Park lol

I got better song than that :p

TWuM5aBT7kA

Oh man i want to be Huey pilot :cool:

I will leave you with this one, though:

Uk-_5U6HOTI

Omg, you better be prepared to make a Jurassic Park DLC for TakOH now. I won't settle for anything less. :cool:

ok here we go:

gotta have some ACDC for the low-fly-badass-moments!

PI1RIZlTzdo

if you have the Huey- you have Fortunate son. out of question. :j:

Ft749fC-1p4

ok for the random flying moments i recommend something like this:

not too dominant but still creating this "exploring" feeling where you want to see whats hiding behind the next hill. And isnt this exactly what you strike for?

aTLSSztuWTs

watched it during some flying footage and thought it matches pretty well. Especially starting from

corresponds it very good with the south asian terrain.

Also tracks like this are very interesting for trailers or the ingame music

ZVREtX8XVU4

oh and mybe an community made trailer showcasing the Merlin doing his job with the army strong theme in the bg would be a very nice idea ;)

Edited by PurePassion

i like to listen to rock music and and oldschool vietnam music while flying

but it depends on where and what im doing with the helo if i have to listen to the radio online play for pickups etc then music is not on

but if im on my own and doing close air support or noe flying then i like to fire up some rock

here is my list of great flying songs which really put you in the mood to fly untill you die :D

- AC/DC - Thunderstruck

- AC/DC - Fire Your Guns

- AC/DC - Highway to Hell

- Rainey Haynes - Old Enough to Rock and Roll

- Thirteen Senses - Into The Fire

- Edwin Starr - War (What Is It Good For?)

- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son - Music Video

- Status Quo: In The Army Now

- Van Halen - Dreams (Blue Angels Version)

- Bill Medley " Friday night football"

-- My Conclusion!! The Best Flying Music Comes from the 80s!!! :D -- :cool:

And because I can't help but barge into my own question...

Iknefj-NY3I

My first 'helicopter' game; although it was for the SEGA Megadrive II.

We're looking at a number of ways of getting music into the game, likely to be a mixture of unique tracks made in house and a wider selection of music, too.

Best,

RiE

Ah, your post just brought back memories of when I used to play Jungle Strike on my ol' Sega Genesis :)

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

BTW, I would like to see a custom radio feature, such as what you see in the GTA series on PC. Just put your music in a custom music folder and it will play ingame.

This, and no, I don't know why

I8JULmUlGDA

Easy... Becuase where we are going ... "Roads... We Dont need Roads..."

Back to the Future :cool::yay:

And because I can't help but barge into my own question...

My first 'helicopter' game; although it was for the SEGA Megadrive II.

Desert Strike was my first.

o_vf-E1031c

Still a great theme.

Was about 5 when I got it, it was one of those EA classic titles for the Mega Drive, was bought from Woolworths too. :D

Damn, I feel old. :(

Desert Strike was my first.

o_vf-E1031c

Still a great theme.

Was about 5 when I got it, it was one of those EA classic titles for the Mega Drive, was bought from Woolworths too. :D

Damn, I feel old. :(

OMG, I never knew there was a Desert Strike! Time to DL an emulator and catch up on a history lesson ;)

I am feeling some ACDC love in this thread :756:

I used some Pink Floyd-Animals for this scene ;)

9TURH5RatCQ

aside from the shameless plug of a past vid i made, the recommendation is a serious one :headphones2:

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

bKoWPeoM7KA

Would love to see a user created playlist you can create with music on your Hard drive. With FLAC support. Edited by jblackrupert

Waiting for the real simulation

Edited by MAX123

let me fix it for you MAX123 ;)

dM3x18Tkxhc

you first of all have to choose the youtube icon you can see above you in the advanced answer menu and then enter the youtube ID, which is dM3x18Tkxhc in your case ;)

Edited by PurePassion

Thank ~ PurePassion ^^

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

dM3x18Tkxhc

Waiting for the real simulation