Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Take On Music

As we're moving through the process of adding music to our game, we thought it might be interesting to get some feedback on what you, the community, most often like to listen to while flying. :music:

• Do you listen to music at all, or just radio chatter?
  • If so, would you define it in any particular way?
  • Is there a piece of music that, for you, is able to really capture what it is to fly a helicopter?

Our Project Lead, for example, has recently been enjoying flying along with some electronic chillout. Although, rather more worryingly, he's been know to 'yam' to a bit of 'Italian Hardcore' (no sniggering at the back, there!)

Best,

RiE

inb4 Ride of the Valkyries

I've not played any real heli sims, and whenever i've flown in Arma i've always had real radio comms to focus on. I'll come back to this. I'm sure there'll be opportunity for some seriously epic music throughout the campaigns, along with some nice chilled stuff to pass time and set the scene.

Are you considering getting permission to use existing pieces of music, or are you after pointers for original work?

Or:

⇩ What DM said.

Edited by Daniel

lTb_5oPqCys

This on permanent loop.

Nuff said.

And because I can't help but barge into my own question...

Iknefj-NY3I

My first 'helicopter' game; although it was for the SEGA Megadrive II.

Are you considering getting permission to use existing pieces of music, or are you after pointers for original work?

We're looking at a number of ways of getting music into the game, likely to be a mixture of unique tracks made in house and a wider selection of music, too.

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
Can't help but point out the high-fidelity flight model :p

i should NOT have listened to RIE's first link with headphones on

80s style synth music would fit in nicely with the general atmosphere of non-combat chopper flying.

It would be cool to have a folder where we could copy our own music.

It would be cool to have a folder where we could copy our own music.

Oooh, yes. GTA 3 could play anything from your "my music" folder (or some special folder, its been a while, I forget which)

That was cool...

Yes - what about to do like "my radio" with own songs ?

That would be the best option imho :p

Edited by RobertHammer

I think the best music for the game would be in style of old OFP/ArmA series soundtrack. For example, this track:

eFeQVWtuLWA

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Fixed youtube embed

Letting the player choose his own music is the best option.

Although songs like "Europe - The Final Countdown", "AC/DC - Thunderstruck", "Moby - Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?" would fit very well in some scenarios

When I'm blowing shit up....

and when its chill

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fZltd_nz2ag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

God damn I cannay work this internet mc thing....

I am dissapointed at you guys. Where is the love for some Fortunate Son? :(

wUUYlztf064

When I fly, I like to listen to:

• First the radio communication , air traffic and control. as well as weather information broadcast with real ingame data:pray:
  • Well we could have on com2 a freq. of a local fm radio, with fake local news and events, and different kind of music, which should then satisfies the most of us.:whistle:

I think that while flying, this will bring up the immersion even more.

Yeah, Fortunate Son is fantastic song, great choice for the helicopter game

wUUYlztf064

Only applicable if you're flying Hueys or Choctaws

Only applicable if you're flying Hueys or Choctaws

This screenshot http://takeonthegame.com/full/wp-content/gallery/screenshots/tkoh_screenshot_06.jpg?14229 shows that Take On will include some army helicopters, so I think implementation of Fortunate Son would by good. I know, game is primary about civil machines, not about army, but if we'll can control army helicopters, Fortunate Son is best choise for it

heh i remember when i was flying in GTA SA - this songs were on radio :D

PGFi6xwTxf8

or

FoQIuDEHVng

:p

oh, I might have just the right thing!

VlYXMdwf5Uc

well, for one of the maps, anyway...

I like it :thumbsup:. All post-rocks songs are great, but one must be in the right mood for it, they have tendency to be too slowly. I hava no idea how to hack this kind of music to the game, possibly during sunrise, sunset slowly fly.

W_MAUURz-LE

It can be good music for whale stalking :), if there will be some, I hope that picture with flying whale wasn't made without any reason.

My 8bit music, it used to be my favorite chopper arcade game, that I want listen in south asian region (rather not ;) ).

Better included more variety music, more songs, every music will became very soon boring. In game jukebox is great idea.

Edited by BoboCZ