Sign in to follow this  
BobcatBob

What kind of Body Armor will be in the game? (if any)

Since this game takes place in the near future and NATO is supposedly on the edge...would it be reasonable to expect an armor like Dragon Skin in the game? It seems like the risk would be worth it (falling into enemy hands that is). I did notice that in the E3 demo the player was shot atleast once and there was almost no reaction even campared to A2, could it be because of this body armor or maybe just the usual Early-Build stuff? (Any comments from BI developers are welcome ofcourse:))

Dragon Skin is not used by anyone in NATO and isn't going to be because it's unreliable

Im hoping that body armor will be more than just "cosmetical" so before that is confirmed, i dont think it really matters what type of body armor will be available but rather, how does it look.

Edited by Elmas

Dragon Skin is not used by anyone in NATO and isn't going to be because it's unreliable

How so? I've seen all those videos of round after round (and hand grenades!) being used on it without penetration, also rember this is the future so it could be assumed that whatever issue dragon skin has, its been fixed by now. Or atleast some of the scale-design tech could be used on other more reliable materials that may be less (or more!) powerful.

How so? I've seen all those videos of round after round (and hand grenades!) being used on it without penetration, also rember this is the future so it could be assumed that whatever issue dragon skin has, its been fixed by now. Or atleast some of the scale-design tech could be used on other more reliable materials that may be less (or more!) powerful.
You can not trust company advertising. Quite often the Defense industrie sells and sold a lot of shit that had just good "personal marketing".

I say ArmA II has personal energie shields and pulse phaser to break them.

You can not trust company advertising. Quite often the Defense industrie sells and sold a lot of shit that had just good "personal marketing".

I say ArmA II has personal energie shields and pulse phaser to break them.

IDK about that... shows like Future Weapons and other videos that have been monitered by the Associated Press (that clearly are not funded or owned by the Dragon Skin makers. Again these are only a FEW examples of proper tests (and not the best ones at that) just do a comphrehensive search and you can find stuff Im sure! Yes plenty of compnanies lie as form of marketing but you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the tech (One of the latest DragSkin models is classified by the US government (the company that makes it can't reveal what they put in it so it must be worth something!)

Real men block bullets with their manly chesthair.

But for those of us who have no chest hair...What then!?!?

Damn you puberty!!!!!:mad:

They are only good for droping soap

They are only good for droping soap

eeewww.......

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I dont even..know...what......why? What makes you say such things!?

Edited by BobcatBob

Go to Americas Army Forums and ask Major 'Blackbear' about your Dragon Skin so we never ever need to hear the word again.

And please stop watching 'Future Weapons'.

For the record Ive only seen 3 episodes over the course of the two years I knew that it existed if it makes you feel any better (I don't see why you care). If you got so up-in-arms about me mentioning Dragon Skin I'd think you'd care enough to just explain me (that it falls apart in extreme temperatures and various other liquids like saltwater, etc.) right away and not be so pompus about it. It just risks causing unneccesry agrression, which the internet does not need more of. Either way, my OTHER point still stands about using a dragon skin concept as far as the interconnected "scales" go so you can get at least CLOSE to those previously recorded test results in ALL environmental conditions, I would come to expect some progress in this area, it being the future and all.

I did notice that in the E3 demo the player was shot atleast once and there was almost no reaction even campared to A2, could it be because of this body armor or maybe just the usual Early-Build stuff?

More likely they had invincibility on.

"I am going to demonstrate ragdoll"

*Dies*

"Uh, maybe not."

More likely they had invincibility on.

"I am going to demonstrate ragdoll"

*Dies*

"Uh, maybe not."

Good point.

Damn you puberty!!!!!:mad:

Kids shouldnt be going to war anyhow :p

Depends on the enemy, average contact range and how advanced ammunition types have become...

6.5 Grendel being used by US Army so what else is new? That will be a factor in the body armour being used. I expect Level III+ until I see anymore OPFOR changes...

Dragon armour may be worked on in the future, and has been used by Special Operations Forces in theatre... so maybe it may be suited to Lemnos but I dunno, I think it'll just be basic for now and someone will mod it. If body armour is correctly modelled and scripted of course... Just don't trust Future Weapons tests with no real protocol or research. That's just hype.

I would love it they used the real armors of each country. Interceptor for US troops, Dragonskin for PMC's, FELIN systems, whatever the heck the isrealis and british use for theirs, ect. And that the modifications you can do to your guy reflects these stylings and keeps relatively close to the look so that you could still look like that country, but customize it a bit in your own way.

Actually on topic, I would love to see body armor actually matter, yes. As well as helmets, don't forget that.

In fact, now that I think about it, what about your gun? I don't think I know a game where you can get shot in the gun. It seems bleeding obvious now that I think about it, but your gun never gets in the way of a bullet.

In fact, now that I think about it, what about your gun? I don't think I know a game where you can get shot in the gun. It seems bleeding obvious now that I think about it, but your gun never gets in the way of a bullet.

Not true, I hit peoples guns all the time and you get a small ricochet style hit effect on it. It is pretty annoying when you are trying to kill the person holding the gun though. Would be good it the gun actually broke when it was hit as well.

;)

Always happens to me when I try to shoot someone with MG.

I would love it they used the real armors of each country. Interceptor for US troops, Dragonskin for PMC's, FELIN systems, whatever the heck the isrealis and british use for theirs, ect

Useless comment is useless. Game takes place in 2020, Y U PEOBLES NO GET IT?! I think most Cameron McDonalds on this forum will agree with me

Dragon Skin is so much better than Interceptor. Interceptor inventor expressed his opinion, that DS is at least 2 generations ahead of his invention. If i remember correctly there were no problems with ceramic discs dislodging in intense heat except on the Army tests... Funny is some retired Army General became CEO of the company that makes the ceramic plates for interceptor. CIA operatives and 3 star Generals using DS on the field after those army tests is not to ignore. Prblem with DS it is too expensive and more difficult to examine how good is the vest after being shot.

Nevertheless it proved several times to be much more efficient stopping bullets than interceptor.

Back to topic, BIS could create something like a class BodyArmour, i think it is much better than when i shoot a takistan rebel wearing towels right in the chest with 5.56 @ 300 meters and he keeps up. Really kills immersion. Kevlar wouldn't stop that 5.56 round from a M16 at that distance. I won't even talk about Takistani clothes..

Guest Tyvern_Sniper-Elite

the sector of the military that approves armor for combat use denied the company the ability to give Dragon Skin to the Army, the army banned it F.R.U.; The USMC has a USMC armor guarenteed..... use Dragon Skin at own risk approach to DS.

That said, DS is better than Interceptor armor. The campany has had problems with congress and has been "bullied" by the army.

People don't want a new replacement to the retarded SAPI plates...even though dragon skin is a life saving body armor.