Raunhofer

Raunhofer's - Island Project 3

I liked Thirsk a lot. Can't wait for this one. THX

Looking realy good, especialy the pond area :yay:

Looking great! :)

Have you thought about adding some swamps like the one on Podagorsk?

sumpf.jpg

How is the work going?

Id love to test your work!

If youd let me id be more than happy;)

Best greetings!

The work is progressing slowly, but surely.

At the moment I'm modeling and progressing with the

actual design & plans. You know... everything must be perfect =)

I'll post new pics when the time is right.

STAND BY!

Edited by Raunhofer

As a side job I'm modeling stuff n terrains to vbs2 for finnish defence forces so it's correct to said that right now my life = BI Tools.

You mean the actual Finnish military asked you to create some stuff for them?

Small status update ahead:

I've been working with more dense forests and progressing well, even tho there's still lot to do.

sml_02.jpg

sml_03.jpg

I have also focused part of my concentration on technicalities as I have huge amount of objects in small areas the optimization must be at high level.

Small tweaks on objects and stuff can take a lot of time but they ensure good final product (I hope).

At the moment I'm still at the same performance level as the Thirsk is, which is pretty good I believe. With all settings cranked up, one GTX580 can easily run it with 10km vd, max AA, max PP, 1920x1200 all at once.

I even tested it out with no graphics card at all, just i5-2500K and its integrated graphics. The island was playable, low settings but still :)

Another thing, textures, I've also been increasing the detail of existing textures and tried to have more better distant land textures.

For an example here is a screenshot of middletdist texture with zoomed eyesight:

sml_01.jpg

Click here to enlarge

That's all folks,

Back to work >>>

Edited by Raunhofer

At the moment I'm still at the same performance level as the Thirsk is, which is pretty good I believe.

I use Thirsk it’s a great island plenty of missions made for it, runs smooth with all settings on very high, Thirsk Winter is also great and the Thirsk Weather mod I use on all sorts of islands.

This work your doing here looks fantastic, hope it all goes well, looking forward to making some missions for it..

Great work..

Asides from Thirsk and this island, what other islands have you made, I suddenly feel an urge to download all your stuff :D

Wow! I almost felt like home when I saw that 2nd picture! :)

Edited by PurePassion

WOW!!!

Is it 1:1 Scale based on the real terrain (if there is any?) ?

So many talented Map-makers out here (including the BIS guys), but mot not focussing on real 1:1 scale.... Or its the Arma2 Engine, i don't know....

Excellent work! I was talking to a friend about how middle distance textures are what is lacking in Arma 2. Looks great up close, and at a long distance, but 100 - 300 meters, it's not as impressive.

Hey man please add elevated roads (like in proving grounds). It provides cover and is more true to life than having non-elevated roads. Maybe dirt roads don't have to be elevated but main roads should be.

Otherwise it is really looking good, good luck:)

Hey man please add elevated roads (like in proving grounds). It provides cover and is more true to life than having non-elevated roads. Maybe dirt roads don't have to be elevated but main roads should be.

Otherwise it is really looking good, good luck:)

I'll try to stay in authentic looking scenery so ditches and elevated roads cannot be ignored. Caribou Frontier has mainly logging roads which rarely have elevated ground (at least not in here) but they do have lot of ditches which should have same end result as elevated ground has in the gameplay.

cf_sm_road_s01.jpg

Notice the ditch @ left.

Thank you for giving feedback. Ideas are welcome.

cf_mrage_field_wip_sm.jpg

Near caribou frontier's secret US airbase. Unknown flying object.

Edited by Raunhofer

Ditches by the roads are certainly a great idea, not only because they look more realistic but it also turns roads into tactical features for infantry in their own right. Are they quite complex or time intensive to implement?

Looks like a masterpiece coming our way.

This actually makes me want to visit the actual place it's based on ;)