Sign in to follow this  
hadoancuong

need help with playable

Hi everybody,sorry for my bad english!!!

I need help with player and playable, example: I place on map 1 player and 1 group with 1 playable is teamleader, and 1 high command module, when in game, i change player to playable, and return player, when I used high command i can't command for group of playable. everybody help me command group when change between player and playable!!!

Hope everybody understand me! :confused:

Hi. ... You English is good enough. No apology necessary. :)

But, just in case there is someone that can help you, and they do not quit understand what you wrote, I will help.

BY hadoancuong:

In the editor, I place one unit as the player, linked to the High Command Module,

I place one group (or squad), with the Team Leader as playable,

in-game, when I switch to the Team Leader, then back to the Commander, I can no longer command the Team Leader,

I need to be able to switch back and forth, and still be able to command the Team Leader! Please, help.

hadoancuong, just using the editor, I do not believe you are going to be able to do this. (BTW, I have not used that scenario in a long time, so I may be wrong.) I have never tried to 'fix' this with a script, but maybe it is possible. I would think it would be. After all, in Warfare, a player can be a Commander, then give up command to the AI, and the AI has no problem taking over command.

In the editor, you do have the command module linked to the player, right? Check the wiki on setting up the command module, you may just need to also link the group to the player (commander).

EDIT: High Command (The subordinate logic is what I was thinking about.)

Edited by CyOp

Hi. ... You English is good enough. No apology necessary. :)

But, just in case there is someone that can help you, and they do not quit understand what you wrote, I will help.

BY hadoancuong:

In the editor, I place one unit as the player, linked to the High Command Module,

in-game, when I switch to the Team Leader, then back to the Commander, I can no longer command the Team Leader,

I need to be able to switch back and forth, and still be able to command the Team Leader! Please, help.

hadoancuong, just using the editor, I do not believe you are going to be able to do this. (BTW, I have not used that scenario in a long time, so I may be wrong.) I have never tried to 'fix' this with a script, but maybe it is possible. I would think it would be. After all, in Warfare, a player can be a Commander, then give up command to the AI, and the AI has no problem taking over command.

In the editor, you do have the command module linked to the player, right? Check the wiki on setting up the command module, you may just need to also link the group to the player (commander).

EDIT: High Command (The subordinate logic is what I was thinking about.)

thanks CyOp for your help, but i no more understand, so if you have free time, can you make for me a example missison if you have ideas

hadoancuong, you should lock the other thread, and use this one. (I did not even know that there was another thread till awhile ago, because someone replied.)

I intended to make you a mission earlier today, but was too busy. When I finally got on the computer, I forgot about it. I will get you one made late tonight, (my time, obviously), and try to get it working like you want.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

From Big Dawg KS (in the other thread).

Hard to figure out what you were trying to say, but if I am understanding you correctly you have two playable characters (let's call them A and B).

A is using a HC module to command B, and when you switch to B then back to A, HC no longer works on B.

Sounds like a bug with the HC module... try the bug tracker.

hadoancuong, you should lock the other thread, and use this one. (I did not even know that there was another thread till awhile ago, because someone replied.)

I intended to make you a mission earlier today, but was too busy. When I finally got on the computer, I forgot about it. I will get you one made late tonight, (my time, obviously), and try to get it working like you want.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

From Big Dawg KS (in the other thread).

oh, thanhs CyOp so much!!!

I loaded a new mission with the Proving Grounds map, set up a simple High Command mission, with one squad, and it worked perfectly switching back and forth between the Commander and the Squad Leader, with me still being able to command the Squad Leader. I tried it a few times, to be sure.

EDIT: The only thing I can conclude about the immediate above is, I just was not paying close enough attention. *Possibly, the squad was moving, as mentioned below, but the Squad Leader was not.

Then the game locked-up. (The mission had not been saved yet.) I used Task Manager to shut down Arma 2 OA. Restarted, re-designed the mission, but then I could not get it to work. I tried different maps, with different commander and group set-ups. I tried different ways of linking, in different order, and eventually, of even grouping and linking, of using multiple groups, and multiple switchable/playable units in a single group. I even tried naming everything (for instance... BIS_HC_0... for the High Command Module).

Nothing I did would work.

*During one mission, though, when an order was given to the Squad leader to move, and he accepted the order, his squad moved, but he did not. I was able to replicate that in another mission, but that will not do you any good.

hadoancuong,

The High Command Module works, as far as I can tell, just like it is suppose to. So, I can not say it is buggy. Apparently, it is just not designed to work with switchable/playable units, as you wanted it to.

I have not tried any kind of scripting to make it work as you want, but I do not think that would help. Of course, someone with more scripting expertise may be able to accomplish this. - Anyone?

Sorry I could not help you, hadoancuong.

Edited by CyOp

Sooo, has anyone done this...

I need to be able to switch back and forth, and still be able to command the Team Leader!

thanks CyOp for your help so much, hope it will be fix in arma 3 or somebody :)