I was more after any elegant solutions rather than

"Alright as far as the actual C130 sound, what I did was attached a "real" working BLUFOR C130 to the top of the static model."

... lets say crude ones. :)

So no one knows how to add default sounds from aircraft/vehicles/weapons to different things?

Sure we do, as does Search or picking apart that mission. Did you try searching or looking at that mission?

It's obviously not made with default sounds, at least not from the C-130 cargo

space. And no, I didn't find any relevant reference to a C-130, C130, hercules,

halo, drop, aircraft, insertion, .ogg, etc,etc,etc. :(

I can't find info on browsing the game files either. To find out whether the V22

has two endamageable engines for example which is why I didn't settle for a

crude solution.

And not even this thing has relevant articles, though I'm too tired to be certain:

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=6751

(Although it does have Spanish in it, so I might be searching with the wrong

language)

Edited by Weirdo10o4

Here's a hint, look at the triggers this time. There's no custom sounds.

You couldn't find anything smaller to try to pick apart. Just a 1 Mb file with

33,000 lines :) my eyes are spinning having gone through the triggers and west

occurrences. I'll try again once I'm awake. :nuts:

I still can't find the relevant things, though I did find the configuration viewer.

Scripts execute like this "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO.sqs" so why don't sounds?

Also, during HALO setDir can't be used to change direction, what should be used instead?

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:31 PM ----------

You did not just have me scrawl around for that.

I said C-130 sound from the C-130 cargo space. Not factory sound from the factory.

:mad:

Here it is

1 setrain 0;
_unit = _this select 0;

Playsound [i]"C130_internal"[/i] // [b][i][u]not the actual name[/u][/i][/b]

waitUntil {((getposASL _unit select 2) < 5500)};

Playsound "";
_bbC130 = createSoundSource [[i]"C130ext"[/i], position C130, [], 0] // [i][b][u]not the actual name[/u][/b][/i]

[_unit] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO.sqs";
_unit setdir 180;

waitUntil {((getpos _unit select 2) < 2000)};
_unit setpos [getmarkerpos "DropZone" select 0, getmarkerpos "DropZone" select 1, getpos _unit select 2];

//"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Common\ca\sounds\Air\C130\int_forsage_1"

How do I play C130 internal, C130ext since they're in the directory

"ca/sounds/air/c130/"

Edited by Weirdo10o4
More

all i can say is that you need to use forum search and google search much much more.

i gave you one example thread but you did not find answer in there so you decided NOT to look elsewhere?

have you even tried a search for play sound in arma2?

have you tried searching for some of the commands in the script part you found?

both Playsound and createSoundSource stands out as possible candidates, dont you think??

btw: i did a quick google search of some keywords, and in 1.27 seconds i had the answer to your questions with ready to use examples.

no offence mate, but you need to put in some effort yourself also.

Well I know how to use the listed sounds, but I'm trying to use a default C130 sound which isn't listed:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Common\ca\sounds\Air\C130\int_forsage_1"

Scripts execute like this:"\ca\air2\halo\...\...\halo.sqf"

But sounds give error when you try it that way:

"\ca\sounds\Air\C130\int_forsage_1"

and that is a sound according to the config..

And before you ask, I've used the search function here, google and youtube with the following keywords:

sound tutorial, Operation Flashpoint sounds, arma 2 sound execution -multiplayer -custom -card -execution(oops), sound tutorial armed assault 2, arma 2 use game sounds default -custom

etc,etc,etc

And that was my script. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I'll take your second advice of reading that editing guide.

Edited by Weirdo10o4

Still here..

Ok Weirdo,

First, take it easy mate. Your last posts are a bit offensive and there is no need for double posting. Chill mate, we are trying to help.

Now to the answer:

I did that long ago for the MCC. The trick isn't making the sound but attaching a real flying C130 to the static one.

Instructions are inside the code as remarks.

c130_para = "C130J_static_EP1" createVehicle mPos; //The static C130
c130_para setPosasl [(mPos select 0), (mPos select 1), 5000]; //mPos is the drop point

_helopilot = creategroup civilian; 
_c130= createVehicle ["C130J", mPos, [], 0, "FLY"]; //_c130 is the fake one
_c130 setPosasl [(mPos select 0), (mPos select 1), 5020]; //Now put it on top the other
_pilot1 = _helopilot createUnit ["Pilot", mPos, [], 0, "NONE"];
_pilot1 assignAsDriver _c130;
_pilot1 moveindriver _c130;
_c130 hideobject true; //Hideit so you'll hear sounds only
_c130 animate ["ramp_bottom",1];
_c130 animate ["ramp_top",1];

_c130 setposasl [position c130_para select 0,position c130_para select 1,5020];
_c130 enableSimulation false; //Disable the sound simulation

You can delete the static C130 after the jump enable simulation so the plane will start flying giving the player the feeling that the plane was moving.

I also added change pitch loop to give a rocking feeling while standing inside it.

If you still want to add custom sounds post again i'll guide you through.

I only doubled because it was falling off the page, it may go derelict quite fast. Sorry.

Yes I already did that, it works nicely. It also turns a bit louder when you step out on to

the ramp.

But for the future it would be nice to know if there's any way of getting in-game sounds to

use outside their usual 'habitat', say C-130 sound attached to the static C130 or a distant

explosion sound instead of an actual explosion just to save the computer a little bit of

trouble. Albeit the explosion sound is readily available come to think of it.

Thanks for those animate parts, I'll try those. Do they show up in the CfgViewer or how do

you find those sorts of things?

What animate parts?

If you want to play sound in game you need to appear either in the discreption file or it is allready in the config files.

Use wonderfull ACE config browser to get to into the config file of the desired vehicle let say the Mi-17 http://browser.dev-heaven.net/configclasses/config/CfgVehicles%3EMi17_base?version=50

Now you can see the sound name. In your description.ext add the soundCfg

as this

class CfgSounds
{	
sounds[] = {Landing,suicide};
	class landing		
                        {
	name = "mi17";		
                         sound[] = {"x\acex_sm\addons\s_veh_helicopters\mi17_eng_ex.wss", 1, 1};		
                         titles[] = {0, ""
                         };		
};

Now change the path to the exisiting sound path.

Now you can play the sound from your mission using with:

plane say ["mi17",5];

The animate ramp things.

Interesting. :bounce3: I couldn't find this default sound subject anywhere. Maybe my keywords

weren't good enough. Where can I read about this? I don't want to take too much of your

time.

Specifically what are all the variables involved.

ACE has caused me some trouble before so I'm using a dedicated config viewer addon.

well config files are base on haritage so if you are looking into let say M249 para you'll probably have to drill up till m249 base to find the sound.

Basiclly it is the the line that say "sound = " there should be the path.

You can capture your own sounds and converting them to .ogg files and mark the path they are in it inorder to define them at the Description.ext file.

BTW

you are not wasting my time. This is the forum we are here to help each other and BIS ofc. ;)

Post Deleted - Problem Solved

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^