Sign in to follow this  
riouken

R.S.L.O.: Riouken's Selectable Load Outs - User Configurable

RSLO: Riouken's Selectable Load Outs ver 2.3

First of all let me put out a big Thank you to several people, without them I would not have been able to complete this.

Demonized - Thanks for the help with scripts and Ideas from your loadout script.

Sickboy - Thanks for help with the config files and the userconfigs. Also Thanks for what you do with CBA,Six,ACE etc..

Robalo - Ideas for improvements to RSLO and helping with errors.

My own 15thMEU(SOC) unit - Thanks to everyone for helping me test this and work through the bugs.

Updated to version 2.0

I have created a user configurable loadout addon. My plan with project was to provide an eaiser way for users to select there gear, speeding up mission starts as well as take work off of the mission maker while still allowing the mission maker to retain control over what gear players carry.

You can set up "sets" of gear and load them up in a mission.

Player Features:

Updates for ver 2.3:

* Can now disable View Distance and Terrain Detail independently.

Updates for ver 2.0:

*Added GUI

*Upped total loadouts to 5

*User can name each loadout in thier config and it will show up in the box ingame.

*Can now set view distance and terrain detail with RSLO.

*Improved scripts for better performance.

Features:

*User is able to select their own gear and save it to their userconfig file.

*OA Backpack Compatible.

*Ace "Ruck" and "Weapon on Back" Compatible.

*ASC compatible.

*Simple missions to select and save your gear.

*Update or change your gear when ever you want.

*By default your loadouts are available the first 4 min of a mission.

Mission Maker Features:

*Simple to implement. ( You only have to put one line in your init of your mission.)

*More advanced features if you wish to implement.

*White listable arrays ( They work like ammo boxes, you put the gear you will allow into them. Then you can assign players to those groups.)

*15 Groups for mission flexibility.

*Scripts to add the ability to reload your gear later in the mission. ( can be placed on any object.)

*User Actions are local and if you do not have the addon you will not get them.

*Can be run on public missions where not everyone has RSLO.

*You do not have to run a copy on the server(I included a key if you wish to check for signatures.)

*Easy Scripts to implement.( One line code snippets for all features.)

Requirements:

@CBA ** (CBA is only required to have the loadout selections at mission start or first load in. It can be ran with out it, the mission maker will have to place the Actions onto and object for the players to use though.)

To prevent grief-ing and undue headaches for mission makers this addon will not work unless it is "Authorized" in a mission.

Short Demo: (I hope to have some better videos soon :) )

_G8wf0gfTzc

Installation:

Please read the readme file included with the download.

There are 8 files in the download:

@RSLO

RSLO ------ This file is for mission makers, it goes in your mission it includes the advanced features for mission makers.

userconfig

RSLO_ACE_Loadout_Setup.utes

RSLO_ACE_Loadout_Testing.utes

RSLO_A2CO_Loadout_Setup.utes

RSLO_A2CO_Loadout_Testing.utes

RSLO Readme

In your base arma 2 folder if you do not already have the userconfig folder copy it out into your base arma 2 folder. If you already have the userconfig folder then copy the RSLO folder out of the userconfig folder included with the addon into your userconfig folder.

The RSLO.cpp file is the heart of the addon it is the userconfig file that you will be copying your loadouts to. You can open this with a text editor. Make sure it is at this path "userconfig\RSLO\RSLO.cpp". If it is not you will get a userconfig not found error when you run the addon.

Next copy the @RSLO folder into your base arma 2 folder. You will start this in the command line just like any other addon.

There are 5 other files in the release.

RSLO_ACE_Loadout_Setup.utes

RSLO_ACE_Loadout_Testing.utes

RSLO_OA_Loadout_Setup.utes

RSLO_OA_Loadout_Testing.utes

These are mission files just place them in your missions folder in your base arma two directory.

For players:

Setting up your userconfig (Saving your Loadouts)

In the RSLO Loadout mission, after you select your gear you will use the 5 Actions in your action menu. Each one copies the specifide gear to your clipboard. You will copy it to the clip board then tab out of the game and paste it in the RSLO.cpp file in the corisponding config array.

The config arrays look like this:

RSLO_lo2_backpack_ammo_user[] = {};

They are broken up into 3 separate loadouts. One for each of the following:

Ammo

Weapons

Backpack Ammo

Backpack Weapons

OA Backpack -- Only for OA backpacks

Weapon on Back -- Only if your using ACE 2

you need to make sure you paste your data in between the {} Like this:

RSLO_lo2_backpack_ammo_user[] = {Paste weapons here};

Make sure you do not change the syntax our delete anything.

Copy each section one at a time, tab out of the game and paste it in the correct spot. Do this for each loadout.

After you have all of you loadouts set you will need to restart your game for the loadouts to be loaded. Then you can use the RSLO_Addon_Testing mission to test your new loadouts to make sure you have no problems.

dXXorzldthE

For Mission Makers:

******* This Addon must be "Authorized" in a mission for the users to be able to do this (See spoiler below for instructions.)*********

The only thing you have to do as a mission maker is put this line of code in your init.sqf to "Authorize" the addon.

Make sure this goes at the very top of your init.sqf

RSLO_Auth_Mission = true;

If you wish to use the more advanced features place the RSLO folder included with the download into your base mission folder then:

To add the Loadout Actions to an object paste this in the init line of the object(ammobox for example):

_rsloaa = [this] execVM "RSLO\RSLO_addaction.sqf";

To control what users will carry put this in the init.sqf:

#include "RSLO\RSLO_features.cpp"

Then set up the weapon arrays that are allowed.

In the RSLO mission module open up RSLO_features.cpp:

RSLO_wl_active = true;

RSLO_wl_1 = [Place,weapons,And,ammo,gear,etc,here,make,sure,its  ,"in","quotes"];
RSLO_wl_2 = [];
RSLO_wl_3 = [];
RSLO_wl_4 = [];
RSLO_wl_5 = [];
RSLO_wl_6 = [];
RSLO_wl_7 = [];
RSLO_wl_8 = [];
RSLO_wl_9 = [];
RSLO_wl_10 = [];
RSLO_wl_11 = [];
RSLO_wl_12 = [];
RSLO_wl_13 = [];
RSLO_wl_14 = [];
RSLO_wl_15 = [];

RSLO_wl_groups = [RSLO_wl_1,RSLO_wl_2,RSLO_wl_3,RSLO_wl_4,RSLO_wl_5,  RSLO_wl_6,RSLO_wl_7,RSLO_wl_8,RSLO_wl_9,RSLO_wl_10  ,RSLO_wl_11,RSLO_wl_12,RSLO_wl_13,RSLO_wl_14,RSLO_  wl_15];

Do that for each group you wish to have.

Then to assign a player to a group use this in their init line:

The number in Red correspond's to which group you would like them in.

_RSLOGrp = [this,[color=red]1[/color]] execVM "RSLO\RSLO_group.sqf";

Use these two variables in the mission init to disable Either the View Distance or Terrain Detail

Code:

RSLO_DIS_VD = true;
RSLO_DIS_TER = true;

If set to True then the option will will be disabled for the player.

Download RSLO:

New ver 2.3 - http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/RLW1VKD3/RSLO_Release_2.3.zip_links

Ver 2.0 - http://www.multiupload.com/SID1U468TM

Armaholic - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14514

old ver 1.0http://www.multiupload.com/TXN322YAXI

(If you mirror this please provide a link back to this thread. Thanks)

I hope everyone enjoys, Have fun.

Edited by Riouken

[/color]Very very nice, thank you with asc with have arma3 features :)

Odd question, if I tried to put this against ammo box at bases in a sinlge player mission, then save game after loading up and then revert later, has anyone seen if it still works ok?

I wanted a quick loadout flexible option, ive tried 3 so far inc Bon infs great scripts but it seems it ased on server/MP long term play and no save/revert. they all get borked loadouts and odd missing options after revert, has anyone tried this and can it be confirmed that this is a complete no-no?

I will test but cant at the moment.

@mrcash2009

The save/revert system always messes up your gear. But with RSLO if you load up from a save then reload your load out it will work just fine.

But I think the problems your referring to are more related to the save system in Arma than to problems with the loadout scripts.

@mrcash2009

The save/revert system always messes up your gear. But with RSLO if you load up from a save then reload your load out it will work just fine.

But I think the problems your referring to are more related to the save system in Arma than to problems with the loadout scripts.

Yes sorry I didnt mention that I agree its working around the save system not the scripts :)

But as you say after revert and then re-init the load out is working, whereas others this would just fit out from the save/revert, so it seems like yours works around that nicely. I know that other scripts I mention aren't really worried about that situation as its mainly MP so I completely understand that part of it.

I just always wanted an open mission that I can revert back to at any time knowing my kit loud outs at base were all working ok once I re stock later on. I can use crates etc and that script way but always wanted this type of script with slots for "grab and go" situations at base and tailor each per class in team.

So thanks :)

BTW thank god for someone using multi upload .. good call ;)

EDIT: would you ever expand this to 8 loudouts? Well, more than just 3?

Edited by mrcash2009

Most usefull many thanks.

Informed.

A wonderful time saver by the looks of it. I can't tell you how many times we wasted valuable playing time just going through ammo boxes and getting loadouts organized (it's a casual play server). This looks like just what we need! Thanks for putting this together and sharing with the community. :D

Thanks everyone for the support.

@mrcash2009

I don't know if I would expand it to 8 loadouts. Config files can be quite a pain especialy the way I am acomplishing this. That would just be too much data to pull and increass the chances of an error.

But I would concider bumping it up to 5.

Nice seeing it released to the public, love it. Cuts down on selection time and is very easy to use.

Riouken

I am a HUGE fan of what Demonized did for speeding up the mission builders and mission start.

This looks like it has been bumped to the next level.

Going to test it out shortly.

Looks Amazing.

Thanks for doing this.

Styxx42

is there a way to limit the weapons mission side??

e.g. limit the weapons that the soldier can use only wpns from what is in the Box..

but great thanks for the addon..

@SaltatorMortis

Yes there is a way to limit what players carry. Sorry I did not explain that clear enough in the first post.

Just put the RSLO Mission folder included in the download in your mission.

Then put this in your init.sqf :

RSLO_Auth_Mission = true;
#include "RSLO\RSLO_features.cpp"

Next open up the RSLO_features.cpp file that is included in the RSLO mission folder.

It will look like this:

RSLO_wl_active = true;

RSLO_wl_1 = [Place,weapons,And,ammo,gear,etc,here,make,sure,its  ,"in","quotes"];
RSLO_wl_2 = [];
RSLO_wl_3 = [];
RSLO_wl_4 = [];
RSLO_wl_5 = [];
RSLO_wl_6 = [];
RSLO_wl_7 = [];
RSLO_wl_8 = [];
RSLO_wl_9 = [];
RSLO_wl_10 = [];
RSLO_wl_11 = [];
RSLO_wl_12 = [];
RSLO_wl_13 = [];
RSLO_wl_14 = [];
RSLO_wl_15 = [];

RSLO_wl_groups = [RSLO_wl_1,RSLO_wl_2,RSLO_wl_3,RSLO_wl_4,RSLO_wl_5,  RSLO_wl_6,RSLO_wl_7,RSLO_wl_8,RSLO_wl_9,RSLO_wl_10  ,RSLO_wl_11,RSLO_wl_12,RSLO_wl_13,RSLO_wl_14,RSLO_  wl_15];

Just treat each one of the "RSLO_wl_15" arrays as an ammo box. So if you only wanted lets say your AT soldier to have accesses to AT weapons then put them lets say group 2

example:

RSLO_wl_2 = ["rpg7","at4","etc"];

Put everything you want to allow them to carry just like an ammo box, make sure you include the normal items as well like maps compass etc.

Then in the init line of your AT guys put this:

_RSLOGrp = [this,2] execVM "RSLO\RSLO_group.sqf";

The number corresponds to what group they are placed in.

Then in game when they try to load up one of there saved loadouts it will check all there gear in that loadout against your list. If it finds an item that is not in the mission makers list it will delete the item from their inventory and hint to them that they have selected an item that is not authorized.

I have created 15 groups so that you can have a lot of flexibility with different groups. And if you need to add more that is possible as well.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the support.

Edited by Riouken

CONGRATS on your public release Sir.

Simply amazing work.

>Salute<

(Wiggin)

This looks awesome, thank you very much for your work.

Here's my silly question though, where is the RSLO.bikey ?

@Robalo_AS

the bikey is inside @RSLO

@Robalo_AS

the bikey is inside @RSLO

I got this from Armaholic and that's a negative Sir, no bikey, just the bisign.

Hmm... even got it from Multiupload.com, same, no server key.

Edited by Robalo_AS

Hi Riouken;

I want to set this up so that people with the addon can only get their loadouts at specific ammo boxes in the mission. Right now when I authorize the addon in my missions init they have access to the weapons all the time. In the readme it notes that you can put the addaction onto an object (I've done this) but I still get the loadouts script all the time in the mission.

What should I do to fix this?

@7th_Serf

The actions that appear as soon as a mission starts or the the players joins the server are hard coded in. But they do not stay there the whole time, after 4 min they are deleted.

Then after that if they wish to change their loadout you will have to provide the actions on an object (Like an ammo box)

I did not include an option for this in my design. I never thought it was needed.

Thanks for the help Riouken - I wasn't aware of the 4 minute 'timer' on the loadouts, I must have missed seeing that in the readme.

Riouken starting to play with this, and I have a question.

You specify RSLO.cpp in your Readme but I only see an RSLO.hpp file.

Forgive me if they are the same thing. I just want to make sure I am doing this right.

Thanks in advance.