Sign in to follow this  
Innomadic

The 6 Ominous trends in Gaming

A lot of things I saw there are phases. It's just like anything in culture, it has a phase. I'm not worried about the future of gaming. All it'll take is for one game to completely change the market, and the rest will jump on the band wagon.

That's why there's so many variations of, "modern shooters." 10 years ago, it used to be the fast paced shoot-em-ups, like Doom, Duke, Serious Sam and Quake. Then there was the RTS phase, where a mass of RTS games came out, like the Civ games, Starcraft, C&C, and Age of Empires.

It'll get phased out. It'd be nice to say we could have an open game market where every game type is popular. I think it'd be very unlikely for this to happen, unless one developer can afford to make a game for each genre, and still be successful on it.

It'll pass, in my opinion, just like every phase passes. The motion control gimmick won't be fun forever.

I think you missed the part where we start paying subscription, even for single player games...

That to me ain't healthy.

That involves consumer morals as well, though. You are allowed to, "not," play that game. I certainly wouldn't pay a subscription for a single player game. Consumers are part of the issue as well. The only way the market is going to change is if people can say to themselves, "I can choose not buy this game, so I won't, since they're being unreasonable."

True...but really i don't think that will ever happen, unless every single gamer drops everything, buys A2/3, ToH and CC in one hit and then BIS become world rulers.

Its simple, "just say no at the right times".

I mean paying subscription for SP ... unless you really are a dribbling nerd blinded by FPS blitterchiped faceburned brainmelt, it speaks for itself that its utter balls. But then there are millions, which is a shame.

The problem is very clear: There are way to much idiots out there who will pay for bullshit.

The problem is very clear: There are way to much idiots out there who will pay for bullshit.

Or who have parents who will pay for anything :)

A very good read, however even after reading that I still believe that video game technology is moving forward at a somewhat reasonable pace, even if it is going backwards at times.

In five or ten years I think we'll have something big and new to talk about in gaming.

A very good read, however even after reading that I still believe that video game technology is moving forward at a somewhat reasonable pace, even if it is going backwards at times.

In five or ten years I think we'll have something big and new to talk about in gaming.

The problem is that the technology have moved forward, but the people did not, ARMA have the same problem TBH, but atless BI will try to fix the problem, most of the time...