Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

Similar to Empires for HL2

Anyone notice this is very similar to the Empires mod for HL2? Empires is an RTS mod with humans playing in first person as the units and vehicles.

e.g.

http://www.empiresmod.com/drupal/

Btw I'm not complaining or anything as i loved that mod and dreamed of it becoming a game made by a real studio. I just realised how similar they were and found it interesting. It's a real shame that carrier command GM does not have MP though as Empires is only MP which is what makes it so much fun.

IMO Empires mod was more similar (if not the same concept) to CTI (aka Warfare in ArmA 2) than anything else. Carrier Command has similarities to this (and I guess to Empires with the vehicle customization), but there's a big diffence in scope with Carrier Command.

Anyone notice this is very similar to the Empires mod for HL2? Empires is an RTS mod with humans playing in first person as the units and vehicles.

e.g.

http://www.empiresmod.com/drupal/

Btw I'm not complaining or anything as i loved that mod and dreamed of it becoming a game made by a real studio. I just realised how similar they were and found it interesting. It's a real shame that carrier command GM does not have MP though as Empires is only MP which is what makes it so much fun.

You figure that they were also inspired by the original Carrier Command?

I don't know, you just said they were similar. I don't know anything about Empires mod, so I was asking you a question. Do you figure they were inspired by Carrier Command, or do you think the gameplay is just similar? Was it an insulting question?

Ah sorry, i misinterpreted your statement. I thought you were being sarcastic and saying "Do you think perhaps BIS based CC:GM on Carrier Command?", because you thought i was implying that BIS based CC:GM on Empires. Apologies. I'm doing exams atm and keep overanalysing everything.

I have no idea if the Empires creator did base it on carrier command, but it seems plausible.

It's a real shame that carrier command GM does not have MP though as Empires is only MP which is what makes it so much fun.

Wait a minute, CC doesn't have MP?

Wait a minute, CC doesn't have MP?

It won't at launch, but the devs have expressed their wish to patch it in.

It won't at launch, but the devs have expressed their wish to patch it in.

I'm now expressing my wish to not buy this game :p

It'll give me more time to save for A3 I guess.