Sign in to follow this  
Taros

VB-02 Vertibird WIP

Hello everyone :)

I have been working hard on a Vertibird VTOL gunship from the game Fallout 3 for the past few weeks that i thought would be a fun addon for Arma 2.

So far i have more or less completed the exterior full resolution model with UVW mapping done and have almost finished the interior. Thus far i have been using the 3ds max Arma toolset to make the model and have not tried exporting it yet.

While i am sure the model will work properly when finally finished i have no idea where to begin for flight as i have not been able to find much information on how to nab the existing mv-22 scripts to figure out how to set this thing up.

open spoiler for images of it so far. (warning for large images)

Full res exterior:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/318/vertibird3ds.jpg

WIP interior: (lights are for added atmosphere)

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1756/vertibirdinterior02.jpg

I'll try to update this thread pending new progress :)

//Taros.

Edited by Foxhound
Please do not link images over 100KB

Holy shit this looks good! I haven't played Fallout 3, but your skills are top notch!

Abs

(PS: The moderators will ding you on the image sizes. Max image size allowed is 100kb.)

Holy shit this looks good! I haven't played Fallout 3, but your skills are top notch!

Abs

(PS: The moderators will ding you on the image sizes. Max image size allowed is 100kb.)

Thanks! :) I really like your Star Trek project as well, its looking great so far.

(Yep i imagine they will, i'll make links next time :))

Pretty awesome Taros, way to go!

nice, keep it up. BIS game needs some SCI-FI love

You've got some hard / soft edge issues.

Lets see it in better lighting and from other angles!

Can we see a wireframe too?

Edited by Max Power

Great model, that would look awesome in game :)

nice, keep it up. BIS game needs some SCI-FI love

If this thing pans out i plan on making lots of Sci-fi stuff for Arma 2.

Is this a port?

Nope.

You've got some hard / soft edge issues.

Lets see it in better lighting and from other angles!

Can we see a wireframe too?

Its actually the 3-point lighting system in the Arma toolset messing with it, for some reson it seems to light parts of the model in reverse with its shader, i believe it has something to do with Arma's coordinate system in how the Y axis is supposed to be up or something of the sort and the lights are treating the geometry in a strange way, though i doubt that will be an issue once i export it.

What would be the point of showing it in wireframe?

//Taros.

Topology

Its actually the 3-point lighting system in the Arma toolset messing with it, for some reson it seems to light parts of the model in reverse with its shader, i believe it has something to do with Arma's coordinate system in how the Y axis is supposed to be up or something of the sort and the lights are treating the geometry in a strange way, though i doubt that will be an issue once i export it.

//Taros.

Because the model is very nice and I want to know more about the topology! Maybe I can learn something from it. :yay: I'd like to see how you used your polygons.

Because the model is very nice and I want to know more about the topology! Maybe I can learn something from it. :yay: I'd like to see how you used your polygons.

Ahh righto, i see what you mean. :)

I usually don't make wireframe images as a habit but i guess i'll make an exception. I'll post some tomorrow.

//Taros.

I'd love to fly this, keep up the good work.

I loved vertibirds in Fallout 3 and i hope you finish this addon because its looking great!

Not sure how osprey's code goes but couldn't you sorta just copy most part of the code from it but just change the place of the motors/rotor blades?

Then again you need to change places with pilot seats and passenger seats so i guess it isn't so simple when you think about it.

Look for the Osprey .cfg file and copy and adjust that... You'll figure out what to change and what to keep...

Look for the Osprey .cfg file and copy and adjust that... You'll figure out what to change and what to keep...

wouldn't i need to extract that file?

where might i actually find it?

//Taros.

Oh noez! I missed the wireframes :(

You haven't missed it :)

Just have not posted it yet.