Sign in to follow this  

I fount some sample missions and they require the utes map. Does any one know where I can get that map at.

iceman11a

It's from ArmA 2.

You can combine ArmA 2 and Operations: Arrowhead together. That's called Combined Operations. Allows you to play ArmA 2 items and maps in OA.

If you already have OA you can just buy A2 on it's own, or buy both together on DVD or something.

Then I don't under stand then why I don't have that map. I have Arma2 Arrowhead version 1.59

As far as I know. I do. I got the game from ebay.com and it says right on the box.

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead

Yeah, "Operation Arrowhead"

You need just plain old "ArmA 2" to get Utes.

Arma-2-cover.jpg

Vs

arma-2-operation-arrowhead.jpg

If it dosent say "Combined Opperations" on the box then you have just Operation Arrowhead which is a stand alone "expansion pack" to arma 2 but it does not need arma 2 to play. You will just not have Arma 2 content.

BI did release both games together but it is called "Arma 2 Combined Operation's"

This is A2:OA - Here

This is A2:CO - Here

Thanks Guys. I just placed an order for it. and I'm sorry I didn't know. Will I have to uninstall Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead before I install the original Arma 2.

Thanks Guys. I just placed an order for it. and I'm sorry I didn't know. Will I have to uninstall Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead before I install the original Arma 2.

there is a way to combine the 2, but i advice you to uninstall OA, you will not loose your profile names/options/mods.

then install A2, run the game once and save in a scenario. (this to correctly registrer the game)

then install OA in same folder as A2, run the game, save, then run the patch 1.59.

then done.

all patches and etc are all included in 1.59

Cool, Thanks I will do that. As soon as I get the DVD in the mail. They said about 5 days.

you get it, to create a shortcut place:

"C:\Program Files\...\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe"

"-mod=C:\Program Files\...\arma 2;Expansion;ca"

In the target field in the properties of an OA shortcut (create correct paths, I'm a steam user).

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/Weirdo10o4/nimasdafetn.jpg?t=1308239803

Or get Arma launcher.

Well there's nothing I can do about that until I get the original Arma 2.

As far as I know. I do. I got the game from ebay.com and it says right on the box.

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead

I'm sorry. I am not being mean. Really! But, that made me LOL. :) Sometimes, me included, we just do not see the obvious, even when we are told.

You said you ordered, "it". Just out of curiosity, did you buy just Arma 2? Because, that is all you needed.

Also, most people did not have trouble installing. You prob do not have to do anything special. However, there should be a link about installing in one of the stickies, too.

You can acquire the 'disabler', if you want, after you have everything installed and updated. (Sorry, I do not have a link.) With that, if desired, you can create OA content only missions (more easily).

Any way to answer your Questions. Yes. I got it because I didn't have it.

And I never had any problem installing it. That's what made me mad. Because you shouldn't be able to install a expansion pack unless you have the game.

And what's a disabler. I never heard of that before.

Well, mostly, OA is advertised as, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. Some where system requirements will be listed, which will not state the original as a requirement, aaand, then, it will also state, Standalone Expansion: It does not require the original Arma 2. ... Sooo, yes, it should/would install without the original. :p

An Internet search for Arma 2 disabler would have probably got you... Deadfast's Combined Operations Disabler.

And about installing, I was referring to Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead OVER Arma 2. - BTW, if it was me, when I would receive Arma 2, I would just try and install it with OA, and not worry about doing anything 'special'. EDIT: But, you may have to uninstall, reinstall.

Edited by CyOp

If I just install Arma 2 OA the map utes is missing, If this is the care. There could be other parts of the game that are missing. Could I be right on that.

and I'll check out that disabler too and find out what that's about.

and that's what I was going to do. Uninstall Arma 2 OA and reinstall every thing. and then update with the 1.59 patch. I wanted to make sure I did every thing from scratch.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Well I just tried to download and run that disabler and it says that Arma 2 is not installed or installation in corrupted. So I guess I do have some thing wrong.

iceman11a, you realize that you cannot disable something you do not have, right?

unless im confusing you with someone else that was still waiting for his copy of A2 to arrive.

There is nothing wrong with your game, you just dont have the game Arma2.

There are two games, Arma2 and Arma2:Operation Arrowhead, you do not own Arma2 and that is why you cant use the two islands from that game, the islands is Cheranus(spelling?) and Utes.

When you get Arma2 that you said you had order you can combine Arma2 and Arma2:Operation Arrowhead with eachother and you get Arma2:Combine Operations.

When you have Arma2:CO you will have all the islands and units from both games.

Thanks zigzag, That's what I thought. I just wasn't sure. See what I don't under stand is that if the Arma 2 OA can run the missions and so on. I thing it should include every thing that Arma 2 has. I think there's parts of Arma 2 that are missing from the game other then the maps.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

iceman11a, you realize that you cannot disable something you do not have, right?

unless im confusing you with someone else that was still waiting for his copy of A2 to arrive.

Sorry, what I wanted to find out if I had Arma 2 installed. It loads when I run Arma 2 OA. When I say that it wasn't installed. To me it makes no since.

In general. Expansion packs can't be installed with out the software. If is Arma 2 wasn't installed. Then I shouldn't be able to install the expansion pack. This is how most games and software are setup. That's the part I'm not under standing. :mad:

and by the way. can some of you tell me what kind of video card you guys are using. I have a ATI Radeon HD 2400. and I'm having problems in controlling the player. and the other problem is that I been viewing some of the videos on youtube.com for the tutorials on map making in Arma 2. and I just can't get some of it to work like the video samples.

Operation Arrowhead is a stand alone expansion that can be played alone or be combined with Arma2.

You cant run missions that are using something from Arma2 with just a copy of Arma2:Operation Arrowhead same as you cant use missions that are using something from Arma2:OA with just a copy of Arma2.

In Arma2 you have two islands, USMC on bluefor side and the russian army on the Opfor side and some resistance fighter on the Guer side, and some more stuff.

You need a good computer for the game, look in some other sections of the forum and you will find out what you need

Edited by zigzag

Thanks, It's just I never seen expansion packs made like this before. So I guess I have to wait until I get Arma 2 to be able to use utes maps.

iceman11a,

I am going to politely ask you not to re-hash the same issue over and over again. There should not be 3 pages of 'this', especially since your problem was solved on the very first page. NO, I am not a Mod. But others with real editing and scripting questions, I am sure, would appreciate their threads not being knocked off the first page for no good reason. Which brings me to...

This is the ArmA 2 & OA : MISSIONS - Editing & Scripting forum!

Sooo... just to be sure you understand...

you bought Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead,

it is a STAND ALONE EXPANSION, IT DOES NOT REQUIRE ARMA 2,

Arma 2 is what you just ordered (according to you), which is the predecessor to Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead,

the Utes map is content in Arma 2, which you do not have, so, of course, you do not have the Utes map!

Wait for Arma 2 to arrive, install it and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead,

and then, if you have any questions, ask in the correct forum.

Thank you for your support! :p

PS: If you still have a question about your 'missing map', re-read THIS thread!

BTW, I only posted because this was at the top... again.

1) rehash what. They answer my questions and as far as I know I'm done here. So I have no idea what was rehash by you or any one. So this is closed.

Help me if you all can please. ok here is my situation i just bought and got ARMA 2 installed. i now have ARMA2 OA ready to install but where do i install it? here is what i mean---->

do i put it in this folder

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive

or This Folder--->

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Can someone better explain this for me please.