Sign in to follow this  
160thSOAR

New Player Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

ahhh, there is no embeded key for taking screenshots inside the actual game.

Otherwise, zig's answer is correct

Edited by PuFu

ahhh, there is no embeded key for taking shortcuts inside the actual game.

Otherwise, zig's answer is correct

Using W instead of D when the road turns is a key for taking shortcuts :)

Using W instead of D when the road turns is a key for taking shortcuts :)

picking on me? (still drinking my morning coffee) damn it lad :yay:

fixed

picking on me? (still drinking my morning coffee) damn it lad :yay:

fixed

hehe just had to, enjoy your coffee

yer sorry about that fellas, i just assumed everyone knew what SS was. I mean Screen Shot. I do appreciate your response time.

Ive only been playing a game called Joint Operations for the last six years so this is all just too much for me. I should have dumped that game years ago, but hey, i realize i am a num nut...no need to rub it in please. The SS key for that clunker of a game was F11 and dumped the jpeg into the JO folder.

I don't use steam and don't have fraps. Previously i have recorded my game play by cloning the graphics card out to a TV and just recording that signal directly to a DVD recorder. :)

well, you could get fraps (it is free but with watermark on video recording), or a similar software for capturing game screens and video (playclaw for instance).

rulie you may wanna check AAS in ArmA. For example on ArmA2.ru server in a2 v1.10.

You can read about it in the PvPscene wiki.

again, thanks for your help gentlemen. Perhaps a small suggestion in the direction of the ArmA3 dev team for an embeded screenshot key maybe could be a good thing? (if there are any keys left in ArmA3 to do this). I will organise something to record in the meantime. This new graphics card of mine has a HDMI out for cloning to TV, i think some newer blue ray recorders have a HDMI record input. I am on the case. :cool:

r.

Edited by rulie-JDF-

Hello!

Me and my friends usually play a CTI game in Operation Arrowhead (just OA) with ourselves. We would get the Helipad up and running, but We dont know how to "upgrade" the Aircraft Factory. It was surprisingly hard to find any information on this. When ever there was information, vague instructions were given. Please, we want to fly some planes!

So if you can, in a CTI match, build and fly aircraft in the airports? Or do I have to edit things? How do I upgrade the factories? If there are any special key bindings, let me know. We arent very intune with the specifics of the game, but any information would help. Thanks!

I know it's possible to build an aircraft factory and fly from airports, but I have no idea how. Sorry, Warfare isn't a game mode I've played very much, and I've never played it more than 5 times or so.

But it is possible.

Warfare 1 - Editing Guide

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Warfare_1_-_Editing_Guide

ArmA II Warfare

TunaSalad has made some tutorial videos.

Advice to those wishing to Command in Warfare

Some words of wisdom and a discussion of play as commander in Warfare type missions.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94303

ArmA II User tutorial videos

A search for ArmA II tutorial videos reveals several other user made ArmA II tutorial videos. They vary in quality.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

I really want to know if any of you have a problem with age because I'm thinking of buying the game but I don't want to be bitched at for having a childish voice.

Note: I'm not the kind of person who goes lone wolf and doesn't care about my squad-mates. I'm more like the kind of person who wants to use team work and is willing to act like it's real life (only if I have to because I don't want to sound stupid you know). I will listen to all of you're commands and in no way do the opposite. I want to play this game to it's fullist potential, I want to play ARMA the way it was meant to be played.

Thank you.

Hey guys,

I just started playing ARMA 2 OA and in the tank tutorial I am stuck because the tank wont move right before the HMG training starts (after you lit up three trucks with HE rounds).

I played the tut once before the latest patch and it was fine then, so it isnt a biggy, but just wondered if its a known bug or anything.

More importantly: In the support tut I cant laser the tank models.

The A-10 just keeps circling and I cant find a laser designator anywhere to paint the tanks?

I started to play the SP missions and again I can call in airstrikes but....no laser designator to be found.

Pls help..this 'bugs' me a lot

Thanks !

I think you need to MG down the infantry dummies as well at that moment.

Tanks have no LD in arma. Only infantry or choppers.

I think you need to MG down the infantry dummies as well at that moment.

Tanks have no LD in arma. Only infantry or choppers.

Yes I know but thats the problem, my Tusk wont move up the road when i switch to MG and the game is stuck, the dummies arent even up yet.

For the LD; I am infantry in that tutorial (and in missions as well) and I need to learn where (and when) to get LD so I can paint and the A-10 will bomb the tanks.

I simply dont have it in my inventory and cant find it in crates etc.