Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Customize SSM ammo drop for BAF

Hi there

I've searched everywhere, but couldn't find a solution to that issue.

I'm using BAF units and the Simple Support Module. When asking for ammo resupply, US ammo crates are dropped. How can I customize the SSM that it drops BAF ammo crates.

thanks for your help in advance.

kind regards

Bumped!

anyone who can help me with that issue?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

regards

You could do what i did,

I went in to my program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expansion\AddOns folder and found the modules_e PBO file then UN-PBO that and find the SSM folder, there is only two .sqf files in there.

One is for the radio messages and the other is the main init file which is where everything is difined which is were you can make your changes. I for example wanted to change the ammo drop chopper to a chinook, works perfectly.

So after you've made your changes put the UN-PBO SSM folder in your missions folder and add this to the init.sqf of your mission

[]execVM "SSM\data\scripts\init.sqf";

and run the SSM module as a script version.

I used an un-pbo tool called Eliteness to un-pbo the module_e pbo file.

Hope this helps.

Edited by PartyHead

You're supposed to be able to do it with this in your player's init:

[s]this setvariable ["BIS_SSM_AmmoDrop_BOX_WEST",["BAF_BasicAmmunitionBox","BAF_BasicWeapons"]];[/s]

But it's not working for me. :( Fixed two posts down.

Edited by kylania

Yeah i tried that myself and could'nt get it to work.

Doing what i said above was the only way i could make vehicle changes.

Changes like for example how many artillery rounds:

BIS_SSM_Artillery_ROUNDS_WEST = 12;

and

BIS_SSM_Mortar_ROUNDS_WEST = 8;

seem to work when added to your missions init.sqf file.

Edited by PartyHead

Got it!

missionnamespace setvariable ["BIS_SSM_AmmoDrop_BOX_WEST",["BAF_BasicAmmunitionBox","BAF_BasicWeapons"]];

That'll drop just the BAF Ammo and Weapons boxes.

Got it!

missionnamespace setvariable ["BIS_SSM_AmmoDrop_BOX_WEST",["BAF_BasicAmmunitionBox","BAF_BasicWeapons"]];

That'll drop just the BAF Ammo and Weapons boxes.

Works perfectly. Kylania you're tha man. :notworthy:

Thank you so much buddy. I was kind of hoping that you would read this topic. Was really kind of clueless how to do that. I just checked it out in the editor works as a charm.

@ PartyHead

thanks for your tips mate they will come handy..

p.s. I knew that sooner or later somebody would post the solution. This community rocks!!!:cc:

Edited by nettrucker
added comment

Allows the player to call in support. Like ammo drops, mortar strikes, Artillery strikes, CAS using the radio menu 0-9-number of support request. Onmap click or in game click to define dropzone. Place the SSM module in editor synced with the player and give it a go. it works right out of the box.:)

cheers

By default the ammo drop is from a UH60M, but it's configurable as well:

missionnamespace setvariable ["BIS_SSM_AmmoDrop_VEHICLE_WEST","MV22"];

Yes it does, for e.g. ammo resupply is done by chopper. It 's great, with that kind of back up I did some real havoc in some of my missions I'm working on. It's fantastic.

Try it out it's a piece of cake. Place a group with you as leader , place the SSM module, sync it F5 with player and preview. To access the support module select a unit - than communication - select support request . . . that's it.

c'ya

@ Kylania

Thanks for the other code example.

Ok thats cool, hope this isnt a derail here but how do i find the code for this module, I'm trying to make a script of something similar but i am very new to code so this would be a major help if i could find the code that runs the chopper ammo drop portion.

What do you want to achieve? You need no code, in case you want all support available . . . just the module synced to the player. You decide where the drop takes place by onmap click or in game click.

Now you can customize some options for e.g.

BIS_SSM_UnitsDrop_AVAILABLE_WEST = false; BIS_SSM_Airstrike_AVAILABLE_WEST = false; BIS_SSM_Mortar_AVAILABLE_WEST = false;

If you put these codelines in the initfield of SSM module, as a result Reinforcements, CAS and mortar strike is removed from the support list and you have only the ammo resupply and artillery option on that list.

p.s. Here I got you something to read

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Simple_Support_Module

Hope that might help.

regards

Edited by nettrucker
code correction

my overall goal would be to spawn a c130 which drops an ammo crate of my choice , but i think i need a totally different script for that.

Kylania above posted the solution

missionnamespace setvariable ["BIS_SSM_AmmoDrop_VEHICLE_WEST","C-130J"];

I haven't tested it but it should work.

Yeah thanks for helping me out with the BAF ammo thing and sharing your knowledge.

regards

sorry to be a tard but my so say my mission is called GITSEvolutionSahrani_RACSV2 then it would read as ? :

GITSEvolutionSahrani_RACSV2 setvariable ["BIS_SSM_AmmoDrop_VEHICLE_WEST","PRACS_C130"];

Nope, exactly as I typed it: missionnamespace It's a keyword.

ah rgr thank you,this is a really cool module, could it be expanded to replace the ammo box with say a humvee or the like?

I believe yes . . . by modifying and changing code it should be possible.

Unfortunately my scripting skills suck, not withstanding I'm playing since CWC.:o

Thats the thing were do i find that code, as my problem is trying to spawn a c130 and getting it to drop on a map clicked point without extensive coding knowledge, but if i can find the code i might be able to rip it and incorperate it into my support menu.

Edited by Bigpickle

I see you're using a 3rd party addon. I don't know if that works with BIS functions as default, since it's not a game default addon. Just try the codesample first with the normal C130 and see if you can get it to work. Bear in mind it takes a minute or so until support shows up.

Just use the code I posted above with the C-130J as default support unit.

cheers