Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 81921

Thanks, I was looking for that post, but could not find it due to PEBCAK.

Send what I had

Gnat;1958947']

..... am I the only one with a few soldiers walking around feet/legs way forward of their body. Its like they are "steppin out" lol

Screen Shots ??

Gnat;1958947']Skipped a few betas til now

Bit of testing' date=' seemed pretty good to me.

FPS is a little lower but the "detail" seems to be a lot higher.

I dropped my VD a bit and it made a big difference.

I'm seeing a lot more detail further off also, not just empty hills and plains.

..... am I the only one with a few soldiers walking around feet/legs way forward of their body. Its like they are "steppin out" lol[/quote']

Detail is much better at distance for me too, units are no longer skipping around.

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the soldiers but sheep do the moon walk.

That Isn't a fix it was just sods law that I couldn't get it to happen when I wanted it to yesterday..

Anyway I have managed to get a screen shot today.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/232/shot01a.jpg/

It looks like an overheating problem but given how intermittent this is and that it only lasts for 1 frame I don't think that's the case and all another games max'ed out are fine.

Catalyst 10.7

System Specs

Intel Core i5 750@3.2GHZ

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon 5850 @1024MB

Drivers Catalyst 10.7

1 Samsung HD103SJ @1000GB

1 Seagate ST31000528AS @750GB

XP 32 Pro

I have an 5870 and used to get those black shapes whenever I changed video memory settings from the in-game menu. Not in this beta, but in the released patch before the current one. So don't think it has to do with heat

-OP

Anyone noticed any problems with own AI squad staying in combat mode longer than needed? For example one eAI still alive but fled far away and your AI squad is still in combat mode.

Noticed this a few times but need more testing. Just checking if someone else noticed something similar. Maybe my AI is simply smarter than me now. :D

I have noticed that the following line of code give different results.

tim dotarget car;tim action ["useWeapon",tim,tim,1]; tim dofire car;

placed in a units init it works fine but copy and past in a waypoint ,trigger or script causes the unit to place the weapon on the ground first.

Not happening in pre betas.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20459

I've seen two issues appear over the last few betas, mainly playing online co-op in smaller missions with a friend.

1) The squad AI seems extremely defiant. Usually assign a few AIs for my friend to control, as a basic meat shield and I know he's able to control those but they are just so damn uncontrollable. I see him issue a "regroup" command and one guy rushes to him, I'm on a nearby hill and the other AI is just stuck to me, just follows me around. Then all of a sudden they will break off and just head off to some direction when engaged, no matter what orders you give them. They seem to work fine when I'm in command ( I host ) but whenever he commands them and issues orders, they just seem so flaky.

2) Some weird issues with an odd flickering, like a big black graphical artifact that pops up for a second, then gone. The sun, when it's sitting on the horizon it'll go into full disco mode and just go super bright, then super dim and just pulsate like that - So an HDR issue. Also had a problem where something was lighting up an area and a bit down the road where the light did hit, there was a black hole basically, an outwards triangle where everything was PITCH BLACK, even the nvg didn't work in there.

Still, excellent work on pumping these beta patches out, really loving it :D

Issue found in this build:

All ambient flying animals show no more animated wings in this build.

Seen on Crows and Butterflies.

Yes nice spot.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20437

Fixed in 81978 (was caused by badly implemented bird interpolation function).

81978 is higher build than this. So if it is really fixed already we can expect see the fix in next build that is released what ever number that is.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20437

81978 is higher build than this. So if it is really fixed already we can expect see the fix in next build that is released what ever number that is.

It's not only Birds, its also Butterflies.

Something recently changed about the ATTACHTO ?

As I skipped a few Beta I'm not sure if this is the one.

Single player ATTACHTO now "lags" like it does/did in MP

e.g. CSJ's B-17 with its separate turrets is now broken. At speed the turrets now jump about aft of their intended position.

It's not only Birds, its also Butterflies.

I was assuming fix automatically appilies to all winged creatures of Armaversum without categorizing them, but when it comes to your find, I'm surprised to hear there are butterflies if I have not ever seen one in game with excessive playing of Chernarus based missions, but I think seeing Odonata (dragonflies and damselflies)seems more familiar to me, correct me if its just in my imaginations but something like that popped big in my binocular view once. :)

I was assuming fix automatically appilies to all winged creatures of Armaversum without categorizing them, but when it comes to your find, I'm surprised to hear there are butterflies if I have not ever seen one in game with excessive playing of Chernarus based missions, but I think seeing Odonata (dragonflies and damselflies)seems more familiar to me, correct me if its just in my imaginations but something like that popped big in my binocular view once. :)
Butterflies appear on Takistan map.

I got "out of memory error" with this beta after playing 1-2 hours online...

Edited by birtuma

Hmmm doesnt seem to crash as easily. I could crash previous versions (1.59 and betas) every time by playing WarfareBE over lan against my dedicated server.

With this beta it seemed better. It didnt crash for 2 days, until I restarted the mission.

FPS is down in the crapper a bit...

did a quick test and performance wise it's the best so far...silky smooth with no "microstutters" (which I sometimes had with previous builds. FPS is slightly higher, but the less jerky movement makes it 10x better

Going to test some more soon

did a quick test and performance wise it's the best so far...silky smooth with no "microstutters" (which I sometimes had with previous builds. FPS is slightly higher, but the less jerky movement makes it 10x better

Going to test some more soon

I got the Exact opposite of you...:(

I haven't had time to do actual gameplay (i'll do that when I have time)...But I did do some Benchmarks (OA benchmark 1)...and here are my results.

Vanilla 1.59:

Test 1: 43 FPS

Test 2: 40 FPS

Test 3: 45 FPS

Beta 81921:

Test 1: 39 FPS

Test 2: 35 FPS

Test 3: 35 FPS

I run everything on Medium, with no AA or anything like that...(I don't have godly computers like most of you) :D.

But as benchmarks have shown...I get better FPS wise in Vanilla then I do with the Beta...and like I said, I'll have to actually Test it out in game sometime later.

With the non stuttering/etc?...I notice the Camera is stuttering a bit, with the Beta...Again, that's the benchmark...I'll have to see in game...But, with Vanilla it doesn't "lag" that much.

Anyone else getting worse FPS with the Beta?

EDIT: Pc Specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 2 (build 6002)

2.20 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core (does a processor really do much to a game? as compared to a Video Card)?

6 GB Memory

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Edited by todayskiller

Usually the video memory settings never had any real effect on my performance, then I discovered changing it from "Very High" to "Default" gave me a massive boost and removed the stutters.

Usually the video memory settings never had any real effect on my performance, then I discovered changing it from "Very High" to "Default" gave me a massive boost and removed the stutters.
Some ATI user report including report artifacts with default...so you have to test it out...High or very high, depending on GFX card onboard RAM size.

Yep my ATI 4870 1gb plays up on default I run it on very high and since have never seen artifacts or weird triangles again oh and I all so get smoother performance on very high as on other settings I would get lag and weird stutter as it loaded textures..

Using video settings already reported in this thread, I played Little Wing and Steel Panthers using this beta, and can't really see any difference from 1.59 +/- 79600, except the birds always gliding with no wing flapping (already reported).

What is a good scenario or campaign mission to play that is best to test changes made in this and recent betas?

I tried starting Harvest Red campaign in MP, hosting myself, and cutscenes/animation appeared to have strange, dark gamma settings, where talking men on the carrier appeared way too dark. After animations, gamma looked fine.

Just a reminder for all who have worse performance with this beta:

don´t forget to delete your config folder before running the patch first time.

Just a reminder for all who have worse performance with this beta:

don´t forget to delete your config folder before running the patch first time.

What Config folder mate?