Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Will you buy ARMAIII?

Will you buy ARMA III?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy ARMA III?

• Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!
    • Yes I will!
    • I don't know I want to see more informations about It first
    • No!

I am curious how long after they make arma3 will they be trying to sell us Arma4? I mean they already have the community making their games better and at really no cost to them. So how long after they finish arma3 are they going to get people interested in the new latest and greatest version Arma 4? Sorry I'm still a little peeved over Arma 1 and the money I spent on that just to have to go and buy Arma 2 to get what I should have got with Arma1. I think this is going to be the same, they keep making them over and over and we keep coming along for the big ride. They have not even fixed the vehicles in Arma 2 yet but they are putting out the newest version for us all to buy. But then I guess they don't make money on fixing the crap we have already payed for, quantity over quality is what people want I guess. Hey BIS if you really care about your community why not let us have credits for what we have already bought? You should be able to make a way to check our game IDs like during install that enables us to receive 10% off for each version of copy of Arma we bought previously...I have 3.

JMHO

I am curious how long after they make arma3 will they be trying to sell us Arma4? I mean they already have the community making their games better and at really no cost to them. So how long after they finish arma3 are they going to get people interested in the new latest and greatest version Arma 4? Sorry I'm still a little peeved over Arma 1 and the money I spent on that just to have to go and buy Arma 2 to get what I should have got with Arma1. I think this is going to be the same, they keep making them over and over and we keep coming along for the big ride. They have not even fixed the vehicles in Arma 2 yet but they are putting out the newest version for us all to buy. But then I guess they don't make money on fixing the crap we have already payed for, quantity over quality is what people want I guess. Hey BIS if you really care about your community why not let us have credits for what we have already bought? You should be able to make a way to check our game IDs like during install that enables us to receive 10% off for each version of copy of Arma we bought previously...I have 3.

JMHO

A standalone patch for 10 years old OFP, a patch for ArmA2, a free version of ArmA2, soon a community demo of TAKOH, in two days, of course they don't care for their community. Go post your rant somewhere else.

No my rant is fine right here thank you.

Edited by Muerte LOL

JMHO

.... like, holy crap. Just... holy crap.

Ok maybe I'm a bit off base and my appologies if I seem ungrateful for what they do. I did vote for I will wait and see. But for some of the previous purchases you have to admit the games seemed a bit unfinished.

Please forgive me for my laspe of reason, I'm really not the ass I may have made myself out to be. :)

not if it is managed like Arma II, not to be a dick or anything but it is an awful lot of drama to do anything.... ( and it is 2011.... easy to use GUI and such would be a nice thought rather then an after thought when you have all our monies..... )

I think I'm now completely hooked now, heck I bought PMC for no better reason than wanting to support BIS. Yes I'll be getting "take on helicopters" and the carrier thingie :)

Muerte LOL has a point. There is always something to be fixed. But then I know Muertr LOL is aware of ALL the coding that goes into and program much less a simulation of ArmA 2's type. And since he know's this I'm sure he relises just how easy it is to miss certain code or debug millions of line of code (even with tools) and make it ALL come together so we can enjoy our little battles in cyber space.

And I'm sure he relises that the new trend in games such as BF2 & BF3 is NOT to allow modding by the community (unlike BIS at this time). So WE should be so judgmental. Muerte LOL has a valid point.

I think I'm now completely hooked now, heck I bought PMC for no better reason than wanting to support BIS. Yes I'll be getting "take on helicopters" and the carrier thingie :)

I wasn't planning on buying PMC or BAF but changed my mind after I saw how well AI was navigating that wasteland town in the PMC demo -bought both after that. BAF accents are also enjoyable and nice changeup from my Native Yank. The fact that BI strives to keep trying to give us better gameplay (even if it ain't always pretty) makes me want to support them.

Not a huge sci-fi guy but the strategy/fps looks interesting so CC most probably a buy. Take-On I'm totally undecided but will keep an open mind.

It is very simple for me...I won't buy A3 as long as BI does not get A2:OA working right. Simple logic...if they cant get A2 features working right, how can they make A3 workl out of the box.

It is very simple for me...I won't buy A3 as long as BI does not get A2:OA working right. Simple logic...if they cant get A2 features working right, how can they make A3 workl out of the box.

OFP forever lacked the streaming technology BIS needed to advance their products, so surely ArmA couldn't have it either? Oh wait...

No, it isn't logical.

Beaten a dead horse. Just move on like some of us have.

Isn't there always something not working right in any software product? I mean, for the entire time I had Windows XP, it would bluescreen on me if I switched my KVM too fast. That was never fixed, still I bought Windows 7.

A software company has to move on to other products, and plainly, I don't know any other company in existence that keeps supporting their products for as long as BIS does. The only other games I remember that got patches this late were Neverwinter Nights and X3TC.

Does ARMA 2 run perfectly? By all means, no. I just yesterday had a unit stuck because of the pistol bug, and yeah it is annoying that this is still there. But I have paid 29 Euros for OA and 50 or so for ARMA 2 almost 2 years ago, and by all means, I don't expect lifelong support for that little money. All in all I spent around 100 Euros on everything A2 including DLC, and I got way more value back in return :)

There are two 100% buys for me next year: Mass Effect and ARMA, both with a 3 at the end.

People who are waiting for a perfect software wise Arma might as well wait for Armageddon because that will happen sooner.

I am gonna get Arma 3 based on what I have seen so far.

Rag doll, render to texture and better surface water physics are the main attraction for me so far.

The minor interests are under water stuff, which I am guessing will be a bit conceptual integrated compared to what later mods will produce, seeing if they get tank physX weight and feel correct and to see if any new simulation levels from "Take on Helicopters" will be added to Arma 3.

If I really enjoy a product, I usually buy the cheap or fairly valid (cost vs content) DLC just to show with my wallet that it is a good product and that I would like newer similar stuff later... Like, Arma 3.

Oof. However, in the interests of diversity I have to allow for differing opinions, even if they seem skewed. A2 works incredibly well for me, and works far better than almost any other game I've ever played.

I'll be buying A3 for what it CAN do, and not discard it for what A2 cannot do.

for arma3, i want to p(l)ay full price (60€) :p

i want a well developed game without bug, optimized, with true graphics performance and not a cheap game...3

Muerte LOL has a point. There is always something to be fixed. But then I know Muertr LOL is aware of ALL the coding that goes into and program much less a simulation of ArmA 2's type. And since he know's this I'm sure he relises just how easy it is to miss certain code or debug millions of line of code (even with tools) and make it ALL come together so we can enjoy our little battles in cyber space.

And I'm sure he relises that the new trend in games such as BF2 & BF3 is NOT to allow modding by the community (unlike BIS at this time). So WE should be so judgmental. Muerte LOL has a valid point.

Yes I am very aware of these things and the Arma series is a very big undertaking for anyone. Thanks for the support. I did not want to seem ungrateful for the game. Hell I played arma 1 faithfully while it was bad mouthed by most. I am a very avid Arma 2 player even on my single core 2.1g processor. I do doubt that anyone plays Arma 2 vanilla, without the great modifications like ACE, GDT or stmovement etc, which was kind of the point I was trying to get across. People should turn off the grasscutters, anti glare, and weapon site mods to see where I was trying to come from, in case they have forgotten. I only play Arma and sometimes for nostalgia OFP, I have no other games installed. But no big deal, everyone has an opinion and sometimes things come across in ways we don't intend and there is no take it back button in forums, or life.

Cheers to all.

Edited by Muerte LOL

i will get it at some point, but arma2 still has a lot in the tank. ie mods and more mods

Lol. Logic: not so easy for some people. :rolleyes:

Lets make vote how many of the 22 that wont buy it, will buy i anyway.

Lol. Logic: not so easy for some people. :rolleyes:

Considering that a lot of the A2 will be in A3, he has a point. Would you like to have the same bugs in new features again? Some bugs are going past to Operation Flashpoint and have never been fixed.

Lol I feel sorry for the sheep that voted for "Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!", you guys are no different than the COD sheep.

Anyways.......I'm not sold on GRAW oh, I mean ArmA3 yet, I need to see a lot more gameplay before I even think about buying it.

Edited by Jonn

Lol I feel sorry for the sheep that voted for "Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!", you guys are no different than the COD sheep.

Anyways.......I'm not sold on GRAW oh, I mean ArmA3 yet, I need to see a lot more gameplay before I even think about buying it.

Not to defend all those damned sheep, but I reckon given BIS' track record and the epic introversion of the majority of community members, there's a decent chance said sheep know what they're getting into.

Likewise with Activision's game. Everyone knows what MW3 will entail. Explosions, slow motion and sideburns.