Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Will you buy ARMAIII?

Will you buy ARMA III?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy ARMA III?

• Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!
    • Yes I will!
    • I don't know I want to see more informations about It first
    • No!

Wait... till A3 is out and don't make a judgement based on wishful thinking or rumors. Maybe a demo will be released too so people can get a first real ingame impression instead of trusting fanboys or crtics/ratings of previews and reviews.

Hi,

)rStrangelove;1956491']Okay' date=' 6 guys for NO!, wtf is wrong with you? Ok 1 i could accept cause he prob done it for the lulz, but 6 ... cmon! :D[/quote']

We're just not ready to buy just because it's BIS ...

As you probably noticed, I'm a fan of OFP and ARMA2 but selected options for ARMA3 dont please me.

The island looks good, the engine and its possibility improved but:

I dislike the history and content (Only my opinion; no insult for BIS here).

Addons are become pretext to buy that games blindly.

I'm not agree.. I never give blank checks...

I wont pay 65$ to BIS to play with free work 1 or 2 years later I bought their game.

I'm ready to pay for good work, but not for something I maybe could get someday.

It's a matter of choice; BIS choose with a ''near futur'' with many fictiv elements, I choose not to buy...

Without disrespect,

-Luc-

I don't know, I loved arma 2 and never bought arma 1 though CWC was epic. But I don't like the fact that when arma 2 came out. There was more missing then there was in there. Like sights and all kinds of things that where the idea.

Next to that.. I hate the future, simply cause future is science fiction and no one can even tell if armies walk the earth then, still.. anyway..

I hope BIS doesn't fuck itself up the ass and releases this game when it's done (with an attitude to let us wait until when we play it it blows us away) and not that we get another arma game (expansion with bullshit) and most of us know from older BIS games they are capable of so much more..

So I'll see but I think I won't buy arma 3..

oops I hitted the NO ...... intentially :cool:

You're an idiot then. Sorry. Stop insulting BIS...

And you stop insulting other people here.

Hi,

Again you are wrong - there is nothing to indicate that ArmA3 will be a "run and gun" game. The only thing remotely close to indicating something like that is when they said you'd have the option to do lone wolf or commander style missions or playing style in the campaign.

As I already said, I bought and play the whole series so far (OFP CWR, HR, RES, ARMA1, HQ, ARMA2, EW, AH, BAF, PMC) and I based my opinion on the impression that last games leave me; a very bad one.

Neither OFP nor ArmA2 were the pinnacle of realism when they came out, but with mods they are great games. What makes you think that ArmA3 with realism mods is going to be any worse?

You're right, but these games are positively different from others.

About MOD: They do great jobs, right, but they do what they want, how and when they want (That's ok).

When I buy a game, everything should be developed. I should not have to wait for the free labor of others to enjoy it. That is why I criticize this approach as: the mod will do this, they will do that... Damn, MOD are suppose to be a + for the game, not THE game!

You say the forums are good for posting opinions, and my opinion is that you fail. Hard. Because you are assuming way to much about a game that hasn't even been released, and you aren't even taking into consideration mods.

Game wont change a lot until the realease I'm sure... They dont have time...

Maybe you're right, but we rely on our opinion to buy or not.

-Luc-

I love how people can judge the game so critically already while it's still at least a year away from release. There's a lot of speculation still, and basing your decisions on speculation is always a bad idea (and usually makes you look like an ass too).

Btw, I've never really been overly thrilled about any of the ArmA, ArmA 2 and OA settings (still waiting for cold war era setting), but I still enjoyed them. Also I'm not sure why people seem to think the ArmA 3 setting is some cheesy sci-fi thing; we've been seeing mostly a lot of real-world equipment, and that's not all of the content that will be in the final game.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

I love how people can judge the game so critically already while it's still at least a year away from release. There's a lot of speculation still, and basing your decisions on speculation is always a bad idea.

Arma 2 was not optimized in both graphics and features so it's not strange to assume something now and have an opinion about the next game if you basically know what BIS developing style is, next to that it's ok with addons and mods (most say) but when will it be without all of that; oke? So more people have that opinion, UNTIL they prove me wrong when it is released I might consider buying it. Until then it's BIS job to do their job until it's done, even if it's a complete different game (BUT DONE PLEASE).. not half work.. That would basically be enough for a lot of people to say well fuck the future I'll play arma 2 with mods.. that's not critical I could have been that back in 2001 when I never heard of these kinds of games.. it's BIS developing that bothers most people..

if you basically know what BIS developing style is

We do : constant upgrades / updates of their games to suit their community needs. Go and play FP : RR and enjoy Codemaster's developing style.

What I think I will do by reading this thread, is get someone to buy it for me as a present, that way if its not so good I didn't pay for it, but BIS still gets some funds anyway, win win :)

I joke, I will buy it becuase I know the backbone of which it runs from and that's what I enjoy the most from it. Will I decide even more nearer the time, hell yes. Machine Specs, more info, more video, more features specific info is to come, will I change my mind, I probably wont.

And the notion that STILL floats around that BIS and Arma3 s going to be like GRAW titles in future tech space jazz is just stupidity beyond words. Can people please stop banging on about it like its so far in the future its got flying cars and interdenominational weaponry.

We do : constant upgrades / updates of their games to suit their community needs. Go and play FP : RR and enjoy Codemaster's developing style.

Fp : RR?

Codemasters sucks.. but at least they won't take millions of idea's finish it half way through. They suck in everything, but I mean come on.. look at ace and vanilla arma 2? BIS updates are good.. but still a lot of features missing, I've played a lot of arma 2 so don't tell me it's the best running and done game ever.. cause that's total BS..

Arma 2 was not optimized in both graphics and features so it's not strange to assume something now and have an opinion about the next game if you basically know what BIS developing style is

First of all, you could do with a little more punctuation.

Anyway, the thing is that people make bad assumptions. ArmA 2 has been continually improved since its release, and even know BIS is continuing to further optimize it, and BIS is still working on improving ArmA 2. It seems logical then that these improvements will be in place when ArmA 3 is released. Based on what we've seen so far in ArmA 3 it looks pretty good, and while there's not enough footage to say for sure they have plenty of time to get it right.

Also, the development of ArmA 3 differs very significantly than ArmA 2 since BIS has since grown much larger, and it is the first time they are simultaniously developing three different titles; two of which are sharing a lot of technology.

BIS developing that bothers most people..

What exactly bothers you about it? BI's development style has shown us just how dedicated they are to improving the technology used in their games and responding to community feedback. And since BIS has grown, it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect even more for ArmA 3.

So really, I don't see any justification for concern.

Fp : RR?

Codemasters sucks.. but at least they won't take millions of idea's finish it half way through. They suck in everything, but I mean come on.. look at ace and vanilla arma 2? BIS updates are good.. but still a lot of features missing, I've played a lot of arma 2 so don't tell me it's the best running and done game ever.. cause that's total BS..

Flashpoint : Red River. (Can't say "Operation" Flashpoint for this... thing). I don't know any perfect software, but i know companies dedicated to the improvements of their product...and others who don't give a damn.

Codemasters sucks.. but at least they won't take millions of idea's finish it half way through.

Wait, isn't that exactly what they did with DR?

Considering BI are trying to get more people to buy this game by trying to appeal more mass market and the fact that the core of the game is already working quite well. They have a lot of time to iron out the game breaking bugs and fix the smaller one as well so.... hopefully all the best to BI and them releasing the game that they want to release.

First of all, you could do with a little more punctuation.

Why? Is it to hard for your brain to process?

Second of all BIS is good in updating but A LOT OF FEATURES are missing.. + arma 3 is just an arma 2 update and we will get does updates when arma 3 is done you say? Dude I've been playing this since 2008, you want me to play arma 2 properly when arma 8 is out by 2080 because then they know what was the problem in the engine optimizing or how to properly get all iron sights done..? How to optimize multiplayer/mods together so it's more an open playing field for non clan members.. or maybe even an in-game mod manager..

Al I'm saying is BIS is good.. but they know themselves and a lot here they can do things much more better, and now is the time.. especially when they have more people to work on it.. but NOOO now they're going to start 2 other games also.. like arma series is a game that can be done in one year and still be optimized.. I sorry I don't believe that anymore.. a lot of commercializing in games.. and I'm not so in the stress, even if it took 5 years for arma 3, so what if it's done I'll wait a thousand..

.. but NOOO now they're going to start 2 other games also..

Not the same teams. They have bought several little studios recently.

Why? Is it to hard for your brain to process?

It's hard enough with your poor english, but yes bad punctuation makes it hard to read things.

Second of all BIS is good in updating but A LOT OF FEATURES are missing.. + arma 3 is just an arma 2 update and we will get does updates when arma 3 is done you say? Dude I've been playing this since 2008, you want me to play arma 2 properly when arma 8 is out by 2080 because then they know what was the problem in the engine optimizing or how to properly get all iron sights done..? How to optimize multiplayer/mods together so it's more an open playing field for non clan members.. or maybe even an in-game mod manager..

What the hell? How do you know exactly what features ill be in ArmA 3? Apparently according to you what they showed at E3 was the final game. We know there were several features missing from that build and there are a lot of things we don't know yet. Stop thinking you know everything.

Al I'm saying is BIS is good.. but they know themselves and a lot here they can do things much more better, and now is the time.. especially when they have more people to work on it.. but NOOO now they're going to start 2 other games also.. like arma series is a game that can be done in one year and still be optimized.. I sorry I don't believe that anymore.. a lot of commercializing in games.. and I'm not so in the stress, even if it took 5 years for arma 3, so what if it's done I'll wait a thousand..

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what your point is, but developing ArmA 3 and TKOH at the same time is actually beneficial; it pretty much doubles the number of requirements (which equates to updates) that the engine will need, and since they are sharing features it will allow them to improve the engine even more than they have in the past (as someone already mentioned, they have seperate teams for both games, so they aren't taking any manpower away from eachother).

And stop bitching about having been waiting since 2008. Having been playing BIS games since the early 2000s (starting with OFP) I can honestly say they have delivered beyond my expectations with each new release.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

I voted no because this poll is redundant... you asked the question in the official ArmA 3 forums, what do you think the majority of people will say?

Second of all BIS is good in updating but A LOT OF FEATURES are missing.. + arma 3 is just an arma 2 update and we will get does updates when arma 3 is done you say? .

What are you smokin. Update? The amount of engine enhancements we've been shown constitutes more then an update.

Do you expect BIS to work for free forever upgrading and fixing the game until all of everyone's demands are met?

Just wow.

What the hell? How do you know exactly what features ill be in ArmA 3? Apparently according to you what they showed at E3 was the final game. We know there were several features missing from that build and there are a lot of things we don't know yet. Stop thinking you know everything.

See I'm not making this up on what i've seen on arma 3 but ON ARMA 2 and the rest you can't read dude.. even if the English is in a wrong order it's understandable.. is it so hard to understand someone that's stoned and trying to tell you IVE PLAYED ALL BIS games.. AND MY OPINION GODD*RN is that this game is not Done and it never is in release.. even now it has more potential and more schematics then in the end came out.. and that's A FACT.. so you can dick ride on BIS but you rather be more critical and help them see what they're missing..