Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Will you buy ARMAIII?

Will you buy ARMA III?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy ARMA III?

• Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!
    • Yes I will!
    • I don't know I want to see more informations about It first
    • No!

-Luc-, i'd say if your PC can handle Arma 2 well, there's every chance you'll be able to at least play Arma 3, all be it with lowered graphic options.

And how on earth do you expect BIS to better their games without increasing the requirements? It wouldn't make sense. That's what Arrowhead and DLCs were for: to squeeze the most out of Real Virtuality 3. Those same requirements (thankfully) wont hold back RV 4.

I've managed on the same machine for Arma 1 and 2, I think it's fair to buy a new one for Arma 3, Take On and Carrier Command.

I will be happy to play ArmA3 as long as there will be a competitive scene existing. The moment I am forced to play valhalla/domination clones being nearly the only public maps available - it's over (how long can you torture yourself?) :P

despite the fact that i don't like the futuristic approach and don't agree with some stuff in arma3 i'm still going to get it. and all the dlcs.

Hi,

A lot of assumptions being made here...

You should know that, given enough time, ArmA3 will be modded just as much as any of the other previous games. So maybe 3 or 4 years down the road (when you'll need a new computer anyway unless you're stuck in the past playing ArmA2 with the measly 100 or so people who will still be playing online) you'll consider upgrading your PC and buying ArmA3.

Never say never.

You know, I followed that series of games since the beginning.

I am disappointed and sad...

When you lose something unique in what you have a lots of hope, is like that.

Perhaps it's emotional, but the disappointment is up to the expectations.

OFP and ARMA2 are unique.

Everything suggests that ARMA3 will be a flashy super lonewolf teenager game as the others...

I will not follow this time.

To be honest with you, when I buy a new computer is mainly for games.

I am certainly not alone.

WORD runs on a 486 ...

Thanks,

-Luc-

Can't come fast enough for me.

In fact, waiting for it has now taken my interest away from Arm2. I was trying a very well made new mission by Sick1 and upon my first shot, noticed the enemy just standing their unflinchingly asorbing my bullets with red puffs appearing...

...I can't wait for ragdoll/new animations!

Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!

I'll upgrade my computer when Arma 3 come's out.

I'll do my usual thing with BI games:buy it then bitch on the forums until they fix it.:p

despite the fact that i don't like the futuristic approach and don't agree with some stuff in arma3 i'm still going to get it. and all the dlcs.

Same here.

Edited by Laqueesha

Yes, I shall purchase Arma 3 and any other Arma 3 related product that follows it's release .

Everything suggests that ARMA3 will be a flashy super lonewolf teenager game as the others...

You're an idiot then. Sorry. Stop insulting BIS...

Regarding DLC; do you all remember when BIS announced the first DLC for ArmA 2 and how many people bitched about it and said they would never buy any DLC? Well as always it looks like people were just hating for the sake of hating... Everyone wants DLC for ArmA 3 now.

Hi,

You're an idiot then. Sorry. Stop insulting BIS...

Is it a forum? Can we express our opinions freely?

Is not the reason for such a place?

Sorry, but your reaction to my comments is imature and disrespectful. :mad:

Why you taking so personal!?

Are you BIS?

Anyways...

-Luc-

Buy Arma 3 ... of course ! What else ?

All it says is that they don't know if DLCs will be released.

read again and again! Sometimes reading between the lines helps m8 ;-) spanel said clearly that ongoing support will be given for ArmA3 but that he does not know if this will be given in a form of stand allone expansion or dlc release, but we will be doing something like this, and so yes it has been a success for Arma 2, and it was a good move. Our userbase reacted well to it.

so yeah dlc and ongoing expansions will be buyed by me ;-)

Is it a forum? Can we express our opinions freely?

Yea, you expressed your opinion and I responded with mine. And yes I know it was disrespectful, that was intentional. Why? Because you are clearly being ignorant, and I hate ignorant people.

If that was your honest opinion of what ArmA 3 will be like, then you haven't been paying proper attention to any of the media.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Hi,

Yea, you expressed your opinion and I responded with mine. And yes I know it was disrespectful, that was intentional. Why? Because you are clearly being ignorant, and I hate ignorant people.

If that was your honest opinion of what ArmA 3 will be like, then you haven't been paying proper attention to any of the media.

You know nothing about me... so please stop your disrespectful comments.

Thanks,

-Luc-

I love the concept of the game, and I would certainly buy it if I thought my computer was up to it. Right now, I have ArmA2 down to lowest settings. My computer can handle quite a bit higher but it might overheat.

It's a MacBook Pro from like 2007 though. I really don't think it will be able to handle ArmA 3.

That's my cent - I'm saving the other one to buy a new computer.

Regarding DLC; do you all remember when BIS announced the first DLC for ArmA 2 and how many people bitched about it and said they would never buy any DLC? Well as always it looks like people were just hating for the sake of hating... Everyone wants DLC for ArmA 3 now.

Whatever i think about DLC, i like people buying them and financing free engine updates.

Okay, 6 guys for NO!, wtf is wrong with you? Ok 1 i could accept cause he prob done it for the lulz, but 6 ... cmon! :D

I'm playing Devil's advocate a little here but some of you seem to think that it's some sort of blasphemy to vote 'no'.

Tbh, I'm not a huge fan of the premise etc of A3, I'll buy it for the editor but the future nonsense doesn't appeal to me at all (I would have rather seen a Nam based campaign for example).

Now, if someone is basing their decision to buy the game on SP/Campaign content and they don't happen to appreciate the futuristic nature of the game, why would they buy it?

Most of us here like and appreciate BIS but I'm not sold on this direction in terms of theme/content.

As usual, I look at it as an easel and a canvas but I don't think anyone should be persecuted for a 'no' vote. That's their right at the end of the day.

Arma 3 will be released just before I go to boot camp, so I will have to wait after my training... Ugh, how I hate the wait...

Hi,

You know, I followed that series of games since the beginning.

I am disappointed and sad...

When you lose something unique in what you have a lots of hope, is like that.

Perhaps it's emotional, but the disappointment is up to the expectations.

I will not follow this time.

To be honest with you, when I buy a new computer is mainly for games.

I am certainly not alone.

WORD runs on a 486 ...

Thanks,

-Luc-

Again you are wrong - there is nothing to indicate that ArmA3 will be a "run and gun" game. The only thing remotely close to indicating something like that is when they said you'd have the option to do lone wolf or commander style missions or playing style in the campaign.

Neither OFP nor ArmA2 were the pinnacle of realism when they came out, but with mods they are great games. What makes you think that ArmA3 with realism mods is going to be any worse?

You say the forums are good for posting opinions, and my opinion is that you fail. Hard. Because you are assuming way to much about a game that hasn't even been released, and you aren't even taking into consideration mods.

yes I will and i will have my awesome new rig built when its out so Max settings at hopefully 40+ FPS for me :D

Gonna be epic