Sign in to follow this  
sick1

[CAMP] SEAL Team 6 DEVGRU

V1.2 Great work

In last mission i'm invincible CO 1.59

@Sig, did you search the general's hideout. A marker will appear on the map when he is killed providing you with the location of the body. I have played this campaign many times and have never had this problem. Also thanks for the suggestion about adding a back up team, but honestly saving frequent will help avoid going in solo.

@sweguy96, Any AI mods? I completed this mission a couple of times with out ever raising an alarm. The key is to not alert the base which causes a couple of helos to drop of a QRF that is equipped with nvg's.

@EricFr, I will fix this.

@seelix, I already fixed this in V1.2. You can take your squad before accepting the mission.Also added more time before convoy arrives. I'll fix the briefing on Seek and destroy.

@Everyone, I know some of the mission might seem daunting at times, just understand that you can't just rush in and assault. You need to use stealth and explore all methods. If i made the campaign too easy, it would be a huge bore. The whole point is to provide a formidable challenge. Thanks for playing guys! I've completed this campaign multiple times, and feel it's pretty much polished and bug free, but if you see something let me know. Also don't use the end mission cheat, because you feel that something is wrong.

Edited by Sick1

@sweguy96, Any AI mods? I completed this mission a couple of times with out ever raising an alarm. The key is to not alert the base which causes a couple of helos to drop of a QRF that is equipped with nvg's.

Nope no AI mods, probably the squad mates that where stupid, shooting when they where told to not do it ect.

I'll give you hint, if the enemy opens fire, the qrf will be triggered.

@Sick1 I know that ;) I just meant that my mates fire their guns and gets compromised and then I restart because I want to do it in the 'right way'.

Edited by sweguy96

Hi Sick1

my congratulations to this outstanding campaign. Loved every single bit so far.

Running without mods and only the required addons V1.0. Diffiicult level Veteran. I have often a config fib bin error of one weapon popping up. Next time it occurs I will take note and let you know in detail. In "welcome to Africa" the voices were a bit low especially during the car ride.

This is a well made very challenging campaign. In "first contact" I was cursing like a bastard. Got killed a hundred of times. I really had to adjust my approach to liberate the doctor. Progress was slow . . my men got shot up pretty badly in various occasions. I thought damn if this would be real I would have died after a few minutes already. I had to save very frequently. And I kept dying inumerous times. I thought "WTF". I haven't played very much campaigns of this difficulty level . . . maybe "Bastard squad" In any case changing to a very careful approach trying different routes into the town I finally managed to free the doctor. The exfill was quite a pain too. But I managed with the help of frequent saves to exfill my team and the doctor alive. Sometimes the doctor wouldn't follow especially in danger mode.

I was like " shit . . . this play through the first mission was a disaster". :D

Next mission I studied the mission beforehand starting with reading carefully avery advice and detail I could find in the briefing. I chose the weapons as best as I could. Studied the terrain especially when choosing the insertion point for the helo transport and still so many things that went wrong. But it was getting more and more exiting.

I'm playing the "halo jump" mission right now. Love that mission so far. Reading carefully the briefing helped me a lot to find the right approach, radio messages helped a lot too.

Thanks for giving me the thrills back like in good old OFP times. Tactics and the right choice of weapons is must . . . to master these missions.

Love the voice acting. Great campaign so far.:bounce3:

kind regards

p.s. "major flaws I have yet to find. Everything worked out as it should so far.

p.p.s. The error is following

No entry bin/configBin/CfgWeapons.RH_14m 

Everytime I load a new mission this config error pops up.

Edited by nettrucker
Added error message

Thanks nettrucker! Glad you liked it.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Oh no, not another update;(

UPDATE

V1.22 changelog

1. Fixed missing briefing in M7.

2. Removed accidental invulnerability from Specter M9.

3. Also some other bugs I can't seem to remember.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20455490/DevgruV1_22_7z

ACE version will be done tonight;)

I have a question. It says on the first page that this will be your last campagin for arma2. Didn't you say that you would recreate the SOCOM 2 US Navy SEALs campagin?

Yes I'm sill going to do that, but I think it would be better in arma 3 due to the SDV teams in the screen shots. I'm actually going to update all of my old campaigns and bring them to OA standards. To make Socom 2, I need an oil rig and tanker.

I'm testing the ACE version right now. Does anyone know if Warfx can run with ACE?

Sick1 if DEVGRU is really your last campaign for the arma 2 You end in great style. :)

Gimme the ACE Version, I want to start playing^^. War_FX Blastcore should run fine with ACE

Thanks Sick, u win cookies

ive always been playing it with ACE though the ACE version doesn't release:D

apart from special missions, like I44, csla, played almost all missions with ACE, no big deal:p

Sick, make sure to include enough Shotgun Ammo in the ACE Version. ^^

Sick1, in the mission Bad Karma, it get light too soon. Could you set mission time at 1am or so, leaving spectre open to being spotted?

And maybe a halo insertion and helo exfil, or boat exfil?

wow, one of the coolest campaigns ever. Thanks man, really enjoying this so far - can't stop playing..

hi sick1

first, thank you for these great campaign you've made.

you're the best with zipper5 to make some.

i've just begun the 1st mission of this one, but i'm currently trying to finish the 3 other st6 camp you've made.

i've just re-watched tears of the sun, and i wonder if this movie inspired you for the 1st mission of this devgru campaign?

Wiki

Loved teh campaign man! Mission 8 was a blast... just one problem I'm having:

I can't get the plane to take off? I go to max thrust, turn right onto the road, lift off at the very edge of the beach, the plane goes up about 50 feet, then glides into the water and explodes ...

Edited by TheRev709

Looking forward to playing, sounds like my kind of campaign.

Is it based around ACE engagement ranges?

@Baldman, what's an Ace engagement range?

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

If you're asking if it works with Ace, the answer is yes. ;)

After reading all this great feedback I can't wait for the COOP version.

Bring it on!

Imho the campaign is too simple and generic eg:

+ OPFOR guards/troops need to become more aware of current situation (explosion, alarm, suspicious/enemy units)

+ setup the HVT's / Scuds with more guards/troops + believable placement

+ stop the automatic support of gear, ammo, planes...

+ create a better plot of the story+characters instead of adding only missions

+ doublecheck if something is wrong/bugged eg got 2x 3 US pilots running around in the 2nd or 3rd campaign mission.