Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

Fox '09s US SOF pack 2005

I hear all sides. I will make a non ace config when I return. I'm all ears' date=' thanks for the feedback gents[/quote']

Thanks Fox, glad to hear.

I think i have found a bug. It concerns shadow settings. When playing on High or Without (disabled) everything is OK. But changing the shadow settings to Normal there is a texture issue on the soldiers. Tested on 2 machines. Maybe someone can check if this happen on his computer?

Other thing is that the OTH Head Pack should definitely stay. :) These faces fit better to this kind of unit.

Regards,

Edited by BLAcKnight_PL

I think i have found a bug. It concerns shadow settings. When playing on High or Without (disabled) everything is OK. But changing the shadow settings to Normal there is a texture issue on the soldiers. Tested on 2 machines. Maybe someone can check if this happen on his computer?

Other thing is that the OTH Head Pack should definitely stay. :) New faces fit better to this kind of unit.

Regards,

It's OTF, which stands for Operation Takistani Freedom.

The name originally came from some units, which used these faces, I was working on, but were cancelled.

Anyway good to see people like it :)

I'll check it out when I return, thanks for the feedback!

So I really love this mod; the units are exceptional and beautiful. My only problem is that I do not like A.C.E. So since I loved these guys, I decided I'd have a go at changing the config so they did not have A.C.E. weapons. After I changed it all and re-.pboed it I put the units in game but had a ctd while on the receiving screen. Very frustrated, and hoping someone could help.

Sincerely,

Matt G

So I really love this mod; the units are exceptional and beautiful. My only problem is that I do not like A.C.E. So since I loved these guys, I decided I'd have a go at changing the config so they did not have A.C.E. weapons. After I changed it all and re-.pboed it I put the units in game but had a ctd while on the receiving screen. Very frustrated, and hoping someone could help.

Sincerely,

Matt G

When a user releases an addon in a state he likes you can enjoy it in that state or leave it.

When you wish to change his files you can do so in private but you can not talk about it since it is not allowed and you did not ask permission for it to the original author. So, asking for help how to do it in the original release topic is a big no.

If you can't make it work that is your problem. Dont ask others to help you do things which the author does not appreciate.

** I have deleted the 2 posts which gave you a solution how to do it.

Dont ask others to help you do things which the author does not appreciate.

You cannot know that. You can delete posts other people invest their time in writing, but you cannot know that :cool:.

Yes, I can since your the post was reported by that author and as a result you now recieved an official infraction for questioning the moderation in public.

Edited by Guest

My apologies. I just wanted to be able to use the mod, did not realise that was a crime. Will not happen again.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

you now recieved an official infraction for questioning the moderation in public.

Wait if I just got an official infraction then why did I not receive one of those pms were they are like "hey you broke the rules... Do not do it again please?"

I'm back at the end of next week. I'm almost ready to go full throttle when I come back, sometimes you need breaks from editing.

An ACE independent version will be available shortly after.

I'm a strong advocate for authors rights and as much as I like to make friends I want to help set a standard. It's a slippery slope and I don't think we as a community should go down too far. I don't like people digging into my addons and talking about it without any consent.

Edited by Fox '09

I'm back, hopefully i can get something out soon. I'm not going to be here for long, I have to make another trip but i will be back shortly after.

I have other work i must finish first. However, I would like everyone to wait a bit as I'm improving the normal maps once more, with a different technique.

Patience I must ask. I wanted to release a version with at least one SFOD-D unit. I'm in the process of doing so, but I'm running into a couple brick walls as far as shadows go.

upcoming update:

Capture.jpgcapture2.jpg

accurate NVG gear will have to wait unfortunately, but I promise it in the future.

What is being the problem with shadows?

mostly the pouches, they're too high poly to be included into the shadow lod. at the moment, I'm working on making them lower poly, they look so much better when they cast shadows on each other. Aside from that, my head lod is incredibly bright when inside buildings and shadows. Ie no shadow cast. That I have no idea how to fix.

Edited by Fox '09

Good to hear your shadow problem is being worked on.

Re: the head issue. Are you using the BIS proxy, or your own model?

If it is your own model, and it also glows in the dark at night, check you have defined a .rvmat for it, and that it is serviceable.

It doesn't glow at night, only in shadows. BIS proxy. I'll try replacing it perhaps.

I had that no shadows issue with a few older textures. I fixed it by converting them from TGA to PAA using texview. Dunno if thatll work for you tho.

I had that no shadows issue with a few older textures. I fixed it by converting them from TGA to PAA using texview. Dunno if thatll work for you tho.

TGA files should always be converted imo. either way I was talking about shadow lods in specific.

I think I've found a solution anyway, stay tuned. I'm going to create a social group for testing tonight, shoot me a PM if you are interested. I need people who have experience testing, and can prove it.

cheers

TGA files should always be converted imo.

Maybe I'm being slow tonight but what exactly do you mean? Has to be .PAA so obviously .TGAs will be converted? (my confused and tired brain lol) forgive me if I'm being dense.