Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

Fox '09s US SOF pack 2005

Absolutely Amazing. Great release. Love the textures and the equipment.

Only one thing. Marksman is holding only a flashlight :D

But i dont care.

Thank You and Regards.

fixed

Edited by Fox '09

Thx Fox '09, :)

Hmm but I thing it´s broken :rolleyes:

Edited by Miller

Thx Fox '09, :)

Hmm but I thing it´s broken :rolleyes:

the .rar file?

you may need to update winrar , this is in a newer 7z format

the .rar file?

you may need to update winrar ' date=' this is in a newer 7z format[/quote']

Old 7z 4.65 :eek:, now it´s works, thx :)

*** Edit ***

ArmA2Base.de Mirror updated:

US SOF Pack 2005 by Fox '09 Fixed

Kind regards

Miller

Edited by Miller

I confirm that the new package is working without errors.

New 7zip version is needed for the archive as Fox wrote.

thanks guys :)

mirrors also added to first post.

hey fox'09 that's a some nice units you made but i have a question, are you planning to make these units without hats ? so we can put whatever we want or it's already done ?

No, however in the future I will recondider.

Looking good, Fox - although I might argue that your stitching on the BDUs are a little too prominent now, perhaps a multiply or even a drop in opacity would be worth a look?

I agree, especially on the trouser cargo pockets

Any chance to see ACE-independant version?

Yeah, I want to second this please.

The addon is amazing,I don’t like US army very much, but this addon is awesome. Great job. I even made screen with them!

preview.png

Edited by EugenyKrag

The addon is amazing,I don’t like US army very much, but this addon is awesome. Grea job. I even made screen with them!

preview.png

:rolleyes: Lol, I saw your screen in the photography thread and made me want this addon (which I had previously saw in Armaholic but decided to let it pass).

Ace independent versions are possible but not plausible. It's not worth the effort setting up the config with all of ace's features and doing one without . Download ace and acex, it's easy, popular, and fits in the general idea of my addons.

How can I replace the existing units whit this?

Ace independent versions are possible but not plausible. It's not worth the effort setting up the config with all of ace's features and doing one without . Download ace and acex' date=' it's easy, popular, and fits in the general idea of my addons.[/quote']

Personally me isn't fan of ACE, moreover, since ArmA1 I don't play it for several reasons:) So, I don't need all those 'features' but I would like very much to have well-made SOFs.

Ace independent versions are possible but not plausible. It's not worth the effort setting up the config with all of ace's features and doing one without . Download ace and acex' date=' it's easy, popular, and fits in the general idea of my addons.[/quote']

Fair enough, it's your addon. I consider ACE a fetish of the online community. It's success is only justified in the MP world, and only as a way to have a few things the game still lacks and make it relatively easy for all kind of players to join and play. It's a unification tool for server admins. What happens then is that most of the people who say they like ACE and couldn't play without it, have never actually tried to play the game without it (mainly because they play with ACE from the get go.) I've heard many ACE advocates asking in secure close channels if a certain "feature" was in the original game, while shouting how can you not like ACE. So a lot of player just trust the ACE propaganda and don't know what's ACE actually doing. And the hellish place that dev-heaven is, doesn't help either.

The opposite is also true: people who have played a long time without ACE cannot see why all the fuss, since most of the ACE "features" are unnecessary at best (aerial refueling, handcuffs). And if you follow the support thread wannabe (because they have that attitude you know ;)) you can see the hundreds of additional bugs it usually adds to the game.

As a player since the OFP days, and a former ACE user, I must say, in all honesty, that the WGL/ACE list of "features" have become less and less interesting and necessary to the game with passage of the years, as BIS continues to perfect the original product. But hey, that's just me.

I hear all sides. I will make a non ace config when I return. I'm all ears, thanks for the feedback gents

Fair enough, it's your addon. I consider ACE a fetish of the online community. It's success is only justified in the MP world, and only as a way to have a few things the game still lacks and make it relatively easy for all kind of players to join and play. It's a unification tool for server admins. What happens then is that most of the people who say they like ACE and couldn't play without it, have never actually tried to play the game without it (mainly because they play with ACE from the get go.) I've heard many ACE advocates asking in secure close channels if a certain "feature" was in the original game, while shouting how can you not like ACE. So a lot of player just trust the ACE propaganda and don't know what's ACE actually doing. And the hellish place that dev-heaven is, doesn't help either.

The opposite is also true: people who have played a long time without ACE cannot see why all the fuss, since most of the ACE "features" are unnecessary at best (aerial refueling, handcuffs). And if you follow the support thread wannabe (because they have that attitude you know ;)) you can see the hundreds of additional bugs it usually adds to the game.

As a player since the OFP days, and a former ACE user, I must say, in all honesty, that the WGL/ACE list of "features" have become less and less interesting and necessary to the game with passage of the years, as BIS continues to perfect the original product. But hey, that's just me.

What interests me is reading about the hellish place dev-heaven supposedly is, but I have yet to come across any constructive critism outlining what exactly is so hellish about it (Not to mention how to actually remedy it).

Also are we talking about the dev-heaven.net project site, or the ACE wagn, both, or certain parts of it.

I agree that BIS has implemented many features and changes in the game which once made WGL/ACE very unique, but innovation doesn't stand still at ACE either, there's plenty it has to offer and it continues to expand and improve.

I also agree that a portion of its popularity is Multiplayer and the relative ease to join with such large modset, while endevours like the Six Updater try to change that landscape and make it easy and fun to run any number of Mods in MP, from small to large.

But ACE has many features (aside of a large number of assets like weapons and vehicles) that improve the game especially for more hardcore play (and also focuses on more team orientated play), which include but certainly not limited to:

Vehicle Damage System, Wounding System, Improved ballistics and characteristics of weapons/ammo, Improved Vehicle Fire Control Systems and Quick Weapon selection,

Weapon Resting, Vehicle Magazine Exchange, etc.

Not sure what you are referring at with "Support thread wannabe (because they have that attitude you know)".

Our support and development process works for both; users (those that wish to participate in it) and our team alike.

Perhaps it differs from what you're used to by other teams, but that's our choice, and it's part of our success and committment to the continued development of ACE.

Development and support of the ACE project involves a lot of people, time and efforts, and we feel we can expect a little more from users (compared to the general expectency) who are enjoying a large, well supported and free project.

If the mod contains a lot of bugs, it's not just us, but also you who fails, though I do not believe the mod contains (many) show stopper bugs.

In any case, ACE is a mod, and like any other mod, or even game, some people will like, and other people will dislike it.

Though perhaps this discussion is better suited elsewhere.

On the actual subject of Fox units ACE free config; I concur, support for mods generally is better left optional, and with the config override abilities, it should have no to minimal overhead.

Edited by Sickboy