Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

Fox '09s US SOF pack 2005

FOXUS SOF pack 2005

arma2oa_2011_06_12_02_58_06_48.pngarma2oa_2011_06_12_02_58_57_83.png(Canadian soldiers by ONS team, not included)

This addon includes US Army Rangers circa 2005. They wear Eagle Plate Carriers in ranger green without cummerbunds, MICH 2000 helmets, and RAID DCUs. There are probably a lot of problems, but as far as I'm concerned it is mostly playable. It also includes Lennard's OTF Head pack, which he let me release along with these units. Thanks man. The addons require ACE&ACEX as well as Lennard's head pack (included).

These units are the result of long hours and the support from the community. I am leaving for vacation shortly, so unfortunately I will not be able to fix anything until I am back. These units are not accurate (yet(!)) and will be when I return to work on them.

They are not signed!

More information can be found in the readme, which is not complete itself but it shall do for now.

Thanks everyone for a great year, especially the contributors and community sites for their help and support.

Mirrors:

http://www.multiupload.com/ZWC3KCPFR6

Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14476

ArmA2Base.de Mirror updated:

US SOF Pack 2005 by Fox '09 Fixed

Blog:

http://fox09a2.blogspot.com/

peace.

Edited by Fox '09

Anyone able to take some screenshots of them in the sun?

Just download them, and see for yourself. It's only 84MB

I'd rather someone post the images before I decide to download them. I don't want to download more and more mods without seeing if they are truly worth it or not.

Just download them, and see for yourself. It's only 84MB

@Sif

Don't Download them.

lol

To be clear. The pack is GREAT (now waiting for your Marines, Binkowski :) ) But if someone dont't want to download an addon because there are no proper screens, then i have no comments anymore.

probably worth stating in the release announcement that these require ACE.

probably worth stating in the release announcement that these require ACE.

ah thanks, I thought I mentioned it.

Looking great man, gonna mess around with them for a bit and I'll throw some feedback your way when you are back.

Edit:

Looks great ingame. I did receive an error when adding the standard Rifleman in the editor, something about a stanag mag or something, I'll screenshot it tomorrow when I mess around some more. Also there seems to be a slight clipping issue on the knees when crouched, not that big of a deal.

1z36q37.jpg

Oh and one last thing, I think it is the Automatic Rifleman, but someone is not speaking english over the radio.

Other than that they are excellent :)

Edited by drmidnight

Clipping will be solved when back, same with anyone speaking farsi over the radio.. Maybe. I wanted my units to be able to talk to detainees, ansf, etc. But I think I'll just limit it to one soldier so he can act as a terp.

They look pretty good. Got any plans to release some of these guys with tucked in shirts, unbloused boots, and sleeves rolled up to the forearms to add variety within the team.

I have most of that ready but didn't find time to impliment, surely in a later release. I plan on redoing the trousers regardless , so i can have both unbloused and bloused versions

I have most of that ready but didn't find time to impliment' date=' surely in a later release. I plan on redoing the trousers regardless , so i can have both unbloused and bloused versions[/quote']

Great to hear. Should be home soon to try them out.

Hoooly crap those Canadians look bouse!!

here's a bit of an update, mostly cosmetic

arma2oa_2011_07_05_04_00_54_77.png

arma2oa_2011_07_05_04_06_40_10.png

AO shadows on the texture

removed NVGs for the time being

improved textures

normal map variation

loadout variation

new helmet variation (paint)

they are probably gona be taken off, and a terp will be included.

Updated. Link below and on the front page

(if you downloaded this file before 8:50 BIS time on 7/14/2011 you must re-download)

http://www.multiupload.com/ZWC3KCPFR6

arma2oa_2011_07_11_22_12_42_08.jpg

Changes:

-AO shadows on texture

-different normal maps for body

-another set of units in woodland BDU

-small edits

The extra units will eventually use hidden selections so both DCU and BDU have plenty of models to use. There is also a unit with an MP5 just for testing, will be removed in the future.

------------

I am leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks, and this time I really will be away from my pc. I will try my best to answer any questions but my responses may be slow and far apart.

cheers

Edited by Fox '09