Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, E3 coverage (reveals)

logo.png

Forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Trailer 2011 E3

r75uEJ9LNOU

CARRIER COMMAND: GAEA MISSION E3 TRAILER RELEASED!

Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent game development studio, is pleased to announce the launch of a brand new project website

accompanied by a new Carrier Command: Gaea Mission trailer video, captured exclusively for the E3 Expo 2011 in Los Angeles.

Along with the presentation of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, the long awaited sci-fi action game,

the developers are publicly showcasing the playable version of the recently announced helicopter simulation game Take On Helicopters

and the recently announced, latest installment in the critically acclaimed mil-sim series, Arma 3.

Check out the video either at our booth (South Hall, Booth #2803) or on the Carrier Command: Gaea Mission official Youtube channel

and meet the dedicated developers of the presented titles in the biggest E3 presentation of Bohemia Interactive to date

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - The ground-breaking 80’s classic is back in this highly-anticipated next generation experience.

Players will be treated to an immersive journey with an engaging story in the vast, free-roaming environment that spans 33 unique islands in 6 different climatic areas.

Players will battle over air, land and sea in this exciting combination of the 1st and 3rd person action genre with strategic elements

where the exploration and mastering of tactics is key and the thrill of a successful fight will spur the player onward to a victorious experience like no other.

Some of the key features of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission include:

• Gaea Mission campaign – Follow the deep story coinciding with the second book of the Gaea Universe trilogy and evolve from an underdog to a skilled Carrier commander and prevail against all odds with your ragtag crew.
  • Free roam strategy mode – Enjoy a game mode closely based on the original 80s classics! Choose the start-up settings and the balance of power and challenge the enemy carrier to an ultimate strategic duel.
  • Massive game environment – Explore 33 unique islands in 6 distinct climatic zones.
  • Unique game mechanics - Control a seamless blend of real-time remotely controllable vehicles with a programmable battle computer to dominate the battlefield.
  • Unit management – Acquire and manufacture new upgrades, weapons and enhancements for your carrier and vehicles, but don’t forget to keep an eye on your ammo and fuel stocks as well.
  • Strategy – Traverse the seas to establish a network of island bases for defense, mining and manufacturing. Keep a steady supply of resources and equipment to push your campaign forward.

http://www.youtube.com/carriercommand

http://www.facebook.com/carriercommand

http://www.twitter.com/carriercommand

Announcement page: http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/home/news/projects/228-carrier-command-e3-trailer-released

----

Gamespot covered Carrier Command: Gaea Mission in live coverage from E3

http://e3.gamespot.com/live-cam-tour/live-cam-day-2/?cam=1&tag=content_nav

http://e3.gamespot.com/live-cam-tour/?cam=1&tag=masthead%3Be32011%3Bvideo%3Blive-cam-1

Bohemia Interactive games to see :

2:13 = Carrier Command

2:21 = Take On Helicopters

2:40 = ARMA 3

Edited by Dwarden

Didn't care much about this game when it was announced, but after seeing the gameplay in the Gamespot stream, I am sold. Looks like a lot of fun.

Also I cant seem to find this BI visit in the stream again, is there a problem with the links?

Edited by sparks50

scince i watched the live stream part about CC, i cant wait for release :cc:

i cant wait to see some high quality gameplay videos.

it remembers me on good old Battlezone 1&2 wich where awesome games!

WOOHOO! Ive been waiting for this game every since 2009, First the E3 demo and now a trailer and finally the new website.

Can't WAIT!!!!!

I'm not really into RTS games but after seeing the E3 video I'm going to buy this game and give it a shot.

I really hope they can do something good if/when they patch in MP.

I had not paid this game much attention till I had seen a trailer a wee while back and though that it could be okay. During the Hijack of Gamespot Live Cam1 the other night I actually found myself to be quite impressed with Carrier Command.

From the aspect of the top down overall command element, to being able to switch to any unit and properly control them. I was blown away.

I was always never happy during most RTS games when the units sometimes never gave their all or never quite acted how I wanted and now a game that finally resolves this.

This gameplay freedom will also suit players moods as some days you just can't be arsed taking on the FPS action but are happy to sit back and command, and then other days you just want to get stuck in yourself.

I find the visuals to be spot on as well, my kind of Sci fi.

Explore 33 unique islands in 6 distinct climatic zones.

FFS! when are we sposed to find the time to do that with Arma 3!

BIS bringing the smackdown :D

wow. He rated CC over skyrim? Now i am impressed

Well but of course. While Skyrim was impressive it was jut more of the same and well you expect Skyrim to be good. Carrier Command brought a lot of interest to me because of how you could well both the RTS and FPS segments worked.

ps I am the person who did those awards. Nice to see Bohemia and its forum moderators post about the awards.

Ah welcome to the forums, and thanks for doing the awards!

yeah i love games that mix with rts with fps but there aren't very many examples, and they're usually just user mods, so i'm very excited to see how the professionals handle it and it looks great so far. Plus it's probably one of the most original games that's been announced in a very long time.

Ah welcome to the forums, and thanks for doing the awards!

yeah i love games that mix with rts with fps but there aren't very many examples, and they're usually just user mods, so i'm very excited to see how the professionals handle it and it looks great so far. Plus it's probably one of the most original games that's been announced in a very long time.

Thank you :). I was actually surprised that the game went a bit over looked by some game news sites.

Edited by supremeaaron

I was fortunate enough to play Carrier Command at E3, and meet with some of the lovely BI guys to express my excitement for this game. I can't express enough how much I'm looking forward to playing the finished article, it's already a perfect game, it just needs more islands like the frankly beautiful volcano island. The flying drone handles amazingly, I could happily have played around with that for hours. Keep up the good work BI, you have a real gem there.

In one of the early trailers I saw you could command a bunch of soldiers not only air&ground vehicles,are they still in?

Also how's the AI,it's decent or we have to babysit them non-stop?

As has been mentioned by others, I have fond memories of Battlezone 2, what a great game. This looks quite similar.

Goes best under "reveals":

5 new Carrier Command Screenshots

On Fridays we’ll be ending the week by serving up a few screenshots. Our menu features a different aspect of Carrier Command each week. Today’s dish is a starter for the Fridays to come. Enjoy!

ccgm_screenshotsfriday_16dec_1-150x150.pngccgm_screenshotsfriday_16dec_2-150x150.png ccgm_screenshotsfriday_16dec_3-150x150.png ccgm_screenshotsfriday_16dec_4-150x150.png ccgm_screenshotsfriday_16dec_5-150x150.png

Edited by PurePassion
hmm I don't like the date of the last post but this seems to be the only thread where one could post this