Sign in to follow this  
jamesp

Please change the name!

The fact in itself that there is a long tread about the name allready shows that the name is working.....

And to be honest i dont care what its called as long as it "blow me away" later this year :)

How about you make us a game and call it Ultimate Reality Army War Analyzer aNd Kansas Etiquette Revision. And hey what u know! The acronym practically writes itself :)

Can't wait for URAWANKER. When's the release date?

Can't wait for URAWANKER. When's the release date?

Oh man, I KNEW Bohemia were gonna remake C64 Stroker at some point. Will it feature Physx and 10k viewdistance?

Edited by sparks50

Oh man, I KNEW Bohemia were gonna remake C64 Stroker at some point. Will it feature Physx and 10k viewdistance?

Not only that, it will feature full digestive tract and self-amusement s(t)imulation. :yay:

To the first post - I thought the same too. BIS makes great games, Armed Assault's name is okay, but Take On: Helicopters doesn't sound like something anyone in the US would say if they went into Gamestop and bought this. I went to Gamestop a few weeks ago to buy ArmA2:RFT, but realized that it wasn't out yet... I could've sworn it was out in retail by now...

I asked if they had ArmA2 Reinforcements, and the clerk said "Army of two?" I said "No, ARMA TWO. A R M A. It's a PC game." He said "Oh, if it isn't popular, or doesn't sell, then we don't get it."

That makes sense, but damn... I guess this is why Steam and other online retailers exist.

The naming on BIS titles just aren't normal for most Americans. For some reason :\

Oh, and "Microsoft Flight" and "Flight Simulator" and "DCS A10" are such brilliant names. People could care less about it.

Take On?

Should be Take Off as in GTFO!

:n:

Seriously tho, may be a bit vague but these other titles have far worse names:

Just Cause: Talk about lazy game title.

IGI: I'm Going In? Something about a counterintelligence spy infiltrating an std filled mexican brothel....?

Zork: Really, why not just call us Dork to our face for playing text-only adventure titles :(

Edited by froggyluv

The more unusual a name is, the more likely it is going to be remembered.

I am quite happy with the name, now that I have gotten a glimpse of what the game is going to be like.

What the fucking hell?

NOW THE COMMUNITY IS BITCHING ABOUT A BIS GAMES NAME?

I think Take on Helicopters is ok.

As in, this being a take on helicopters.

Take On?

Should be Take Off as in GTFO!

:n:

Seriously tho, may be a bit vague but these other titles have far worse names:

Just Cause: Talk about lazy game title.

IGI: I'm Going In? Something about a counterintelligence spy infiltrating an std filled mexican brothel....?

Zork: Really, why not just call us Dork to our face for playing text-only adventure titles :(

According to your poor debate, I now like the title more than ever.

And don't F with Zork! Zork rules.

Name is fine. Go play some instead of coming up with weird threads. :D

According to your poor debate, I now like the title more than ever.

And don't F with Zork! Zork rules.

I really hope you are sarcasm or else I must laugh and laugh hard. Although I just realised that the game Just Cause, might actually mean Just, as in good or honorable...hmmm. I always thought is was Just Cuz, as in , because we could...lika teenage girl :j:

May have to exonerate from the list.

discussion about nothing.....

Highlighting a nothing with another nothing does bad things to space/time continuum :mad:

Edited by froggyluv

Name is fine. Go play some instead of coming up with weird threads. :D

Yeah, also did TOH get a new HUD? Me like.

It's as if a challenge. Like "I'm going to take on this challenge". Except in this case it's Take On Helicopters.

Change the name to Call of Duty: Helicopter Warfare :D:D:D

I have been keen to see Maruk's "take" on helicopters for a long time now....

I think its a great name.

Dont you think Maruk?...;)

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven

It took place at a meeting many months back,

Maruk: ok team, what can we do different?

Team: dunno..

Maruk: anyone here that wants to take on a new project?

Team: like what?

Maruk: Helicopters

Team: oh hell yeah!

Team: what will we call it?

Maruk: :rolleyes:

I'd like to add to this some more.

It's not really the name that matters. Tell me: When you go to a video game store, what do you do when you see a game that interests you? Do you stare at the name? Or do you instantly look at the back of the box and look at pictures and information?

Usually in retail outlets selling the game, people judge a game/book or whatever by it's cover.

Online, people see a game, they see some pictures and think "this looks awesome!" Some see it and do some research before buying, but I believe a majority of people buy on impulse by what is pictured and what information is given.

My 2 cents:

TBH all i noticed mainly was the word 'helicopters' anything before it was non-issue :p

If i have to think about it, i don't mind it. Yeah it's different, compared to norm (whatever that is?), i guess if you wanted to separate your self frm the rest, but not to the point of obscurity 'Take-on Helicopters' might be a good balance?

What's the problem with the name?

"Lock On Flaming Cliffs" is better?:) (OK, it's "Lock On : Flaming Cliffs") But you get the point. Does it somehow affect it's popularity?

The name comes from the project.

Its Bohemia Interactives "Take" on a helicopter game.

Their idea/version of a heli game.

Get it?

:)

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven

I agree with the OP. As a native English speaker, the title Take On Helicopters sounds dorky, amatuerish and wierd. I do think it will hurt their sales.

Armed Assault is at least a catchy name... TOH is not.

I mean even calling it "Chopper Pilot" would be better.

Armed Assault gives the impression of a street crime simulator. Take On Helicopters gives you a very good idea what it is.