Sign in to follow this  
MoS

Render to texture - what are the possibilities?

would you mind telling me how i am ignorant?

1. Friction is the resistance of two objects moving past each other while touching.

2. Inertia is the tendency of an object to keep moving, or remain inplace unless acted on by a force. IE the plane moving, you should move with it.

starting trouble much, i know what im talking about therefore im not ignorant

Because it's not that simple. PhysX doesn't magically implement something like what you're looking for. It would still require tremendous effort from BIS.

Anyway stop discussing this here it's not related at all to RTT.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

i dont care if they personally do something with it, as long as they make it possible. I want real mfds, cameras, as in real tank interior where u see a screen of what the gun sees, not becone the end of the turret

i dont care if they personally do something with it, as long as they make it possible. I want real mfds, cameras, as in real tank interior where u see a screen of what the gun sees, not becone the end of the turret

And you really wish to play the game with actual framerates?

dont forget this is also in a year, its not meant to be a game for weak pcs, and in a year technology increases your judging a standard in the future by todays capabilities

dont forget this is also in a year, its not meant to be a game for weak pcs, and in a year technology increases your judging a standard in the future by todays capabilities

Stop dreaming. I hope BIS won't overdo everything with RTT or anything else that is hardware heavy..

You remember ArmA 2 launched 2 years ago and is going to be almost playable with the newest and best parts? Now, add PhysX, RTT and a thousand light sources from DX 10. Probably even tesselation from DX. 11 with realtime reflections from different surfaces as seen in Crysis 2. You probably will not be able to even get the game running with a 4870HD and some Phenom 955 if you wish to really implement all those. Now, you'd perhaps get some 15-30fps with an 6950HD and a 2500k.

I'd like to keep the game playable, thank you.

Even if BIS doesn't do it (it has to be done too you know), rest assured modders will jump all over it for many purposes, as long as the implementation allows it.

But physics to do interior walking? I just don't see it happening. One missed package due network lag, and you're out of the vehicle falling to the ground. Even now that you're locked in place in a world controlled by the driver, it is pretty much impossible to be a good vehicle gunner due to net traffic. Single player or minimal lag and packet amount situations? Maybe. But I don't like SP/MP specific features.

Not sure what logandog1240 means with i know what im talking about, but Big Dawg KS gets it right - it's not that simple.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Stop dreaming. I hope BIS won't overdo everything with RTT or anything else that is hardware heavy..

You remember ArmA 2 launched 2 years ago and is going to be almost playable with the newest and best parts? Now, add PhysX, RTT and a thousand light sources from DX 10. Probably even tesselation from DX. 11 with realtime reflections from different surfaces as seen in Crysis 2. You probably will not be able to even get the game running with a 4870HD and some Phenom 955 if you wish to really implement all those. Now, you'd perhaps get some 15-30fps with an 6950HD and a 2500k.

I'd like to keep the game playable, thank you.

You really do like to dream up imaginary problems don't you :D

Even if BIS doesn't do it (it has to be done too you know), rest assured modders will jump all over it for many purposes, as long as the implementation allows it.

But physics to do interior walking? I just don't see it happening. One missed package due network lag, and you're out of the vehicle falling to the ground. Even now that you're locked in place in a world controlled by the driver, it is pretty much impossible to be a good vehicle gunner due to net traffic. Single player or minimal lag and packet amount situations? Maybe. But I don't like SP/MP specific features.

they have the code set up already, now just move it over and slightly mold it to a almost identical engine. And if Bis doesnt do it im sure, the community will

You really do like to dream up imaginary problems don't you :D

"Imaginary"? Welcome to reality, remember how bad ArmA 2 ran on 2009 setup, remember how bad ArmA ran on 2007 setup? Remember how bad OFP ran on 2001 setup? No? Hello, you seem to be new to video games.

Not sure what logandog1240 means with i know what im talking about, but Big Dawg KS gets it right - it's not that simple.

i thought he was questioning me on actual physics, not applying it to the game

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

logandog1240: Does this work good also over internet, or just LAN?

LAN im not sure the difference please explain

Yeah remember how Battlefield 2142 had Titans? You didn't drop off of them because it interpolated the player position. Now, ArmA 3 will most likely use the same technique as BIS added the feature in a beta patch to ArmA 2.

Yeah remember how Battlefield 2142 had Titans? You didn't drop off of them because it interpolated the player position. Now, ArmA 3 will most likely use the same technique as BIS added the feature in a beta patch to ArmA 2.

can u explain this to me, because i have no idea what ur speaking of? does interpolating mean it automatically updates even if it has no client side reponse?

can u explain this to me, because i have no idea what ur speaking of? does interpolating mean it automatically updates even if it has no client side reponse?

In essence it means that your computer tries to guess what happens next. If you have ever played any of the Battlefield games and you had a disconnect and see how everything just keeps sliding, its that.

Also, it removes the "warping" almost completely but introduces a really annoying "feature" called rubber banding.

Also, it removes the "warping" almost completely but introduces a really annoying "feature" called rubber banding.

you had me then you lost me again, i understand interpoling, now explain the next part lol and that sounds like a great feauture for simple movements, as in the game engine should "assume" u didnt jump out the plane and guess that ur moving in the same path as the plane

you had me then you lost me again, i understand interpoling, now explain the next part lol and that sounds like a great feauture for simple movements, as in the game engine should "assume" u didnt jump out the plane and guess that ur moving in the same path as the plane

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/company/developers-blog/230-experimental-betas-interpolating-the-future

"Imaginary"? Welcome to reality, remember how bad ArmA 2 ran on 2009 setup, remember how bad ArmA ran on 2007 setup? Remember how bad OFP ran on 2001 setup? No? Hello, you seem to be new to video games.

Actually no I don't, I always managed to get playable performance even on my old machine.

Let me remind you of your reality:

add PhysX, RTT and a thousand light sources from DX 10. Probably even tesselation from DX. 11 with realtime reflections from different surfaces as seen in Crysis 2.

Those are all your own imaginary problems.

Actually no I don't, I always managed to get playable performance even on my old machine.

Let me remind you of your reality:

Those are all your own imaginary problems.

DMarkwick here said we will not have updated renderer, no RTT, no DX 10 and absolutely nothing new into this game.

FPDR

Who wants to point fingers at him?

Christ all fucking mighty. Welcome to the ignore list :)

Stop de-railing the god damn thread, stop provocating, get out. If you de-rail it again I will call the cops.

Why dont YOU stop derailing the fucking thread.

DMarkwick only has to post offtopic stuff because you and logan keep sending it that way. None of your last 10 or so posts have anything to do with the god damn topic.

DMarkwick only has to post offtopic stuff because you and logan keep sending it that way. None of your last 10 or so posts have anything to do with the god damn topic.

Read them again, CarlGustaffa derailed by saying that you can't have people inside the vehicles while they move because of lag, and I told that it is possible by interpolating movements. Now,

you
be quiet or contribute
anything
to the thread. Also; DMarkwick derailed the thread AGAIN by provocating me. Edited by Primarch

Never played Joint Ops huh? ;)

Careful DM, he's the representative of the entire community (or so he says). :rolleyes:

Just keep reporting him like I've been doing.