Sign in to follow this  
MoS

Render to texture - what are the possibilities?

i mean its over a YEAR in advance, just the fact that they said it was confirmed gives my heart some ease, in the same way that bis doesnt have to make 100 different units, it can just make it possible to make them, and modders will do it, + there is a modder in the works making and extremely advanced Apache and with the ability to make real cameras =o, i know have to change my underwear

Will it mean we can do proper pre-combat briefings? E.g. with a projector against a whiteboard or pictures on it? Or live helmet cam feeds?

Will it mean we can do proper pre-combat briefings? E.g. with a projector against a whiteboard or pictures on it? Or live helmet cam feeds?

All that should be possible, in theory. :)

+ there is a modder in the works making and extremely advanced Apache

I am aware of no such thing.

I am aware of no such thing.
click the link its all there

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

i personally want them to make moveable interiors too then my dream of an ac130u will be complete given they fix moveable turrets, make RTT possible, and stop making objects fall out at distance

Moveable interiors?

I guess he means "walking in moving vehicles".

[/color]i personally want them to make moveable interiors too then my dream of an ac130u will be complete given they fix moveable turrets, make RTT possible, and stop making objects fall out at distance

You want walk in C130?

Anyway moveable interiors won't give you that much fun - only a feel "Yay i can move inside"

If you want to jump and move around inside of C130 , just place a C130 static in high altitude and you can walk how much you want

Edited by RobertHammer

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

i personally want them to make moveable interiors too then my dream of an ac130u will be complete given they fix moveable turrets, make RTT possible, and stop making objects fall out at distance

This is something one of the most stupid things I have seen in these forums, you all whine about "optimization" but then again you don't want to lose anything?

You "optimize" something by removing something from it to increase the overall performance. Did you really think how heavy the game will be if you draw everything on the map at all times? BIS could do it, but then again nobody would be able to play it. BIS could have everything drawn in maximal resolution at 10km with no maximal detailed LODs but then again, nobody would be able to play it. This is something you really need to understand, if you wish to be able to play it, you need to have some drawbacks in rendering.

Especially now that there is physics calculations done by PhysX and technologies such as RTT, the hardware requirements increase a lot. Not to mention that DX 10 supports basically unlimited light sources, drawing all of them for a really long range to every object is just a lag-fest.

I was just kidding... or spamming... or something.

He probably didn't see our disturbing discussion on CWR, lucky guy :D

As for moveable interior, I think what he means is 6DOF, as in being able to move the camera, otherwise it makes no sense given the little space within the cockpit. And who knows, we may luck out and get it as another transfer in tech from take on helicopters since it worked in the preview.

You realize you was talking to him? :rolleyes:

Is there any limit in how many "screens" you can have running at the same time using RTT ?

As for moveable interior, I think what he means is 6DOF, as in being able to move the camera, otherwise it makes no sense given the little space within the cockpit. And who knows, we may luck out and get it as another transfer in tech from take on helicopters since it worked in the preview.

the 6DOF will be in ArmA 3 for 99,9% ;)

This is something one of the most stupid things I have seen in these forums, you all whine about "optimization" but then again you don't want to lose anything?

You "optimize" something by removing something from it to increase the overall performance. Did you really think how heavy the game will be if you draw everything on the map at all times? BIS could do it, but then again nobody would be able to play it. BIS could have everything drawn in maximal resolution at 10km with no maximal detailed LODs but then again, nobody would be able to play it. This is something you really need to understand, if you wish to be able to play it, you need to have some drawbacks in rendering.

Especially now that there is physics calculations done by PhysX and technologies such as RTT, the hardware requirements increase a lot. Not to mention that DX 10 supports basically unlimited light sources, drawing all of them for a really long range to every object is just a lag-fest.

i never said i wanted optimization, thats what an upgrade is for, but i dont think its realistic that it just disapears at least make it have the unit get smaller then fade, not just its here, now its not

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

an ac130u doesnt have a small weapons area, im talking about be able to move from computer to computer, by physically walking, not scroll to gunner seat, and in reality shouldnt have a preformance hit because its not adding anything thats not there, with physix impliment, intertia and friction should come into play anyway and you shouldnt remain in the same place and the airplane moves from under you

i never said i wanted optimization, thats what an upgrade is for, but i dont think its realistic that it just disapears at least make it have the unit get smaller then fade, not just its here, now its not

But the problem is that you can not run the game anyway if you really draw everything in 15km. Sure it would be freaking awesome if you could.

What I'd do is draw shadows for a longer range.

and it should work like real life where things close up are percieved with high detail, and the further away the less detail, thats why in a spaceship you just see blobs of blue and green, ur not drawing everything in full detail, just its essence/ existance, and some people run the game in 10km soo its all possible

pictar in pictar

And I misunderstood the question, I thought it was related to the helicopter since it followed, not to the developer.

Edited by NodUnit

and it should work like real life where things close up are percieved with high detail, and the further away the less detail, thats why in a spaceship you just see blobs of blue and green, ur not drawing everything in full detail, just its essence/ existance, and some people run the game in 10km soo its all possible

This works the same, as an object gets further away, it is drawn on less pixels so you won't see as many details anyway. So, LODs are not needed if you do not care about performance.

This works the same, as an object gets further away, it is drawn on less pixels so you won't see as many details anyway. So, LODs are not needed if you do not care about performance.

exactly thats why (in my dream) being in an ac130u gunner seat 9000 arma units up ( i think they use meters ) aiming at something maybe 7000 metters away should only be detailed when i zoom at it, and mostly what i am looking at, thats why when ur say on the west end of chenarous (however u spell it) ur computer isnt generation the entire island. its all about OPTIMIZING RESOURCES. :j:

What thread is this again?

ruined by newfags, thats what

Keep this thread about Picture In Picture folks. Anymore talk about spaceships and i dont know what will be deleted.

Carry on.

Keep this thread about Picture In Picture folks. Anymore talk about spaceships and i dont know what will be deleted.

Carry on.

You know you can do a lot more than picture-in-picture with RTT technology?

with physix impliment, intertia and friction should come into play anyway and you shouldnt remain in the same place and the airplane moves from under you

Sometimes—just sometimes—someone's ignorance can actually be amusing.

Sorry for OT though.

IMO, RTT should be used sparingly. It's not really that important to me and all it does is eat up performance.

Sometimes—just sometimes—someone's ignorance can actually be amusing.

would you mind telling me how i am ignorant?

1. Friction is the resistance of two objects moving past each other while touching.

2. Inertia is the tendency of an object to keep moving, or remain inplace unless acted on by a force. IE the plane moving, you should move with it.

starting trouble much, i know what im talking about therefore im not ignorant