Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

Feedback to E3 Interview and Ingame Scenes

ok guys, it had to stay in normal format, because the HD version would be about 1.2 GB ^^

but the quality is limited due to the stream anyways

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

V3YHbcYK82E

feel free to link it to wherever you want ;)

will polish it but now i think i am still too excited ^^

I really want to thank Ivan and the whole BIS crew for letting us have this amazing peek at Arma 3. I also want to thank the crew from Gamespot for making our dream come true.

And the best for the last: The Arma Community! Thanks to everyone for posting requests and everything, which basically made all this possible.

So see you in War in 2012! :)

Edited by PurePassion

I wish he would've gotten closer to the enemies when he was showcasing the rag doll. I couldnt really see anything, also we all have to stay patient to see the new animation system and Render to Texture.

Great looking game.

thx PurePassion, now i can watch it in HQ!

but is it my flashplayer that is stuttering at the helicopter demostration or is it the video?

Considering early stages it was good to see what is in so far, physics will clearly be tweaked that demo of a demo was realy to show it all working.

Shame we didn't get to see new anims, but early days. Some parts that were lagging (not the pc or sim but the live stream) got me a bit GRRR! I wanted to retry but it wasn't my own stream :)

The underwater areas looked realy interesting indeed, ragdolls from what I saw were enough to understand implementation. Island looks very nice especially the halo part and dynamic clouds. And the swapping out of attachments on the fly.

Thanks allot for upping this :)

Edited by mrcash2009

well actually it was the stream ^^ too much awesomess they couldn't handle ;)

you have PurePassion for ArmA series, havent you :)

but when i watched the stream live, i could watch the helicopter and boat scene with no problems. so maybe you can record it again tomorrow or something, as the gamespot video stays online.

Shame we didn't get to see new anims, but early days. Some parts that were lagging (not the pc or sim but the live stream) got me a bit GRRR! I wanted to retry but it wasn't my own stream

I watched the game from the Gamespot feed it was smooth as silk.

Color scheme looks vibrant as well. Was never a big fan of Arma2's tho OA was better.

Considering early stages it was good to see what is in so far, physics will clearly be tweaked that demo of a demo was realy to show it all working.

Shame we didn't get to see new anims, but early days. Some parts that were lagging (not the pc or sim but the live stream) got me a bit GRRR! I wanted to retry but it wasn't my own stream :)

The underwater areas looked realy interesting indeed, ragdolls from what I saw were enough to understand implementation. Island looks very nice especially the halo part and dynamic clouds. And the swapping out of attachments on the fly.

Thanks allot for upping this :)

You can change your "Location" description now... we´ve done that for you now :D

A thing that makes me smile a little though is, that we got so many clear anwsers from Lord B. that there is not much left to discuss *g*

In the moment I couldn´t think of a single thing of what else to ask if we had another chance to ask questions. Everything was talked about (except the story and the flying whale endboss).

Guess it´s all about waiting now :o

Yeah, gamespot stream was smooth, no problems here.

Cool that purepassion uploaded to youtube the stuff you can see via that stream though.

In the stream go to ~ 2h 11m to find the BIS section.

youre welcome!

guess what, i am currently re-capturing all of the scenes with stutter ( i think it really was my internet connection)

and will make dedicated videos for all of the three different games.

Ah yes for some reason I knew of that link but kept thinking it was back to live stream so never thought to skip anything ... :o

Best part of the video before the Arma3 show:

"They also had a challenge for Buchta at hand to hand in the game combat"

"its not a good idea, he will kill you"

"What does he do?"

"Ivan is the creative director for arma 3, hes a tough man"

"What does he practice?"

"uuuh, beer lifting."

Edited by mrcash2009

Ivan Buchta saying that they will never butcher any feature but instead add and improve is all I really wanted to hear

ROFl, I sent the guy a message telling him to challenge Ivan Buchtka in hand to hand combat to get into ARMA 3 as the journalist was getting angsty about the time it was taking.

Then he actually said it and just got the reply "He will kill you"

Classic

Ivan will kill you because he is a :

picture

(EDIT: not my words)

"No free use allowed" :D

the only minor disappointment was Not sure about dismemberment.

It would add alot of immersion when you shot someone with a higher caliber weapon, but BIS already has surprised me with all these other features lets hope its add in the end of development or added in an expansion pack. :D

the only minor disappointment was Not sure about dismemberment.

It would add alot of immersion when you shot someone with a higher caliber weapon, but BIS already has surprised me with all these other features lets hope its add in the end of development or added in an expansion pack. :D

They don't like gore. (I do not mean Al Gore btw!!!).

Ivan Buchta saying that they will never butcher any feature but instead add and improve is all I really wanted to hear

That is why BI is amazing. This is looking up to be extremely well polished, especially as we have potentially a year to go.

I really loved underwater stuff. I mean I expected it just to be a terrain with blue fog but underwater space is really well detailed, animations are good, it has fishes and the flying whale will probably be a final boss

Did he say the map was scaled down to 900km2?

Did he say the map was scaled down to 900km2?

Yes he did. :butbut:

According to Wiki, Lemnos is 477.3 km2.

Not including a big square of sea map around it though. ;)