Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

Feedback to E3 Interview and Ingame Scenes

Just watched the E3- Livestream and:

i Like what i see! :D

Here is the link to the E3 Presentation.

Thx to PurePassion for capturing it:

- critic points

- pls change, as you showed off the physic engine with the containers, they acted like they had no weight, pls make them "less jumpy" and add some weight.

- Same i think with ragdolls. NICE that you finally have them in. But dont overdo it. Dont make it a "comic shooter"

- And pleeasse add some render to texture! In choppers, in boats, rear mirrors from vehicles etc.

Keep on the good work! You got 1 year to go, and it looks very nice for now.

Lookin forward to it! :yay: :cool:

Edited by KrAziKilla

i Like what i see!

- critic points

- pls change, as you showed off the physic engine with the containers, they acted like they had no weight, pls make them "less jumpy" and add some weight.

- Same i think with ragdolls. NICE that you finally have them in. But dont overdo it. Dont make it a "comic shooter"

- And pleeasse add some render to texture! In choppers, in boats, rear mirrors from vehicles etc.

Keep on the good work! You got 1 year to go, and it looks very nice for now.

Lookin forward to it! :yay: :cool:

The game is in Alpha stage ;) .

it's nice to see physics in. But there is time to tweak the weight values for those, so i'm sure it will happen.

RTT is confirmed anyways

where can i watch it ? is it recorded somewhere ? i missed it :shock::shock:

it's nice to see physics in. But there is time to tweak the weight values for those, so i'm sure it will happen.

RTT is confirmed anyways

Yeah probably just early, the blue containers seemed to have more and it was great watching how the one on top hung on the bottom due to friction and width, then came crashing back down.

where can i watch it ? is it recorded somewhere ? i missed it :shock::shock:

http://e3.gamespot.com/live-cam-tour/live-cam-day-2/?cam=1&tag=content_nav starting at 2:15 with carrier command, then TKOH then Arma3, Also PurePassion says he's working on uploading to youtube.

I think it is really appropriate to make a thread just for this exclusive and awesome presentation.

Captured everything-currently rendering and then uploading it.

I think this should be the space where we can first of all process everything we saw and then discuss it

will add more when i am a little bit more calmed down. totally excited right now^^

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

even lord ivan got a little bit excited^^

http://www.abload.de/img/ivanskos.png

isnt that cute ;)

ok video is uploading as we speak.

this truly was a great presentation!

and wow they confirmed a lot!

Just said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again: awesome presentations by BIS. That's how it's supposed to be done! From what I saw on this live feed, a lot of other developers and PR people seem to be standing around like deer-in-the-headlights or chatting about mostly inane things, but BIS, OTOH, showed off their games - showcasing gameplay, discussing features and answering questions. So much win!

Indeed, happy to show case it, weren't all about the "Buy me buy me!" friendly and some nice humor as well. You guys reverted us back into children there :D

RTT is confirmed anyways

RTT is confirmed?

where?? :D

RTT is confirmed?

where?? :D

Ivan B. confirmed it .

yes my face is still all warm! ^^

ok we've got plenty of things to discuss now

Merged the two E3 presentation threads, since they were on the same topic. :)

thx zipper :)

Ivan B. confirmed it .

Nice!! didnt get that he confirmed RTT, but i didnt turn on the volume too loud, sound quality was pretty bad^^

Still, NICE!

- Ragdoll

- Physically correct reacting objects

- Confirmed RTT (render to texture, for working ingame displays, rear mirrors, maybe scopes)

- and much more

i will work on a small timemachine now, put the BIS team in there, and turn it foward 1 year, if noone minds :P

@Purepassion, with your permission ill add the link of your soon uploaded video on 1st post.

We also had a beautiful demonstration of volumetric clouds dynamically forming and casting shadows on the ground

Just said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again: awesome presentations by BIS. That's how it's supposed to be done! From what I saw on this live feed, a lot of other developers and PR people seem to be standing around like deer-in-the-headlights or chatting about mostly inane things, but BIS, OTOH, showed off their games - showcasing gameplay, discussing features and answering questions. So much win!

To say they were caught unprepared they handled themselves well and weren't evasive either, good honest enthusiasm for their own games.

Just shows why they are one of the best developers out there.

Too bad we didnt get a close up of the animations in effect -both ragdoll and 3rd person player -but I'm pumped!

That undersea world is gonna be hella fun and i can only imagine the nutty shark zombie cavern mods that will surely sprout up.

We also had a beautiful demonstration of volumetric clouds dynamically forming and casting shadows on the ground

This is really starting to sound EPIC EPIC EPIC :D

cant wait for the youtube video to finnish uploading!!!

To say they were caught unprepared they handled themselves well and weren't evasive either, good honest enthusiasm for their own games.

Just shows why they are one of the best developers out there.

I'm not convinced they were fully unprepared, in the E3 after the live stream was posted yesterday, a developer came in and told us to brace ourselves ;)

@krazikilla

out of question!

10 minutes and its there

Edited by PurePassion

Awesome presentation! It looked amazing. If the BLUFOR we play would be like a international NATO Task Force (similar to EuroCorps Franco-German Brigade) I would be soo happy as that for me would serve as sufficient explenation for the different vehicles. It would make the US SF with F2000's and the Fennek vehicle seem allot more plausible to me.

This presentation has made me allot more excited about this game!

Edited by Arokfridr

I'm not convinced they were fully unprepared, in the E3 after the live stream was posted yesterday, a developer came in and told us to brace ourselves ;)

I got tickled when Ivan said "my words are failing", I thought to myself...I would be too!

Great presentation of all the of BI games shown at E3.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear