Sign in to follow this  
Coffeecat

Import Faces for Soldiers

I know that it was done in a game, im not sure, but i think it was in a Rainbow Six Game. Would be awesome if you could scan in your face and render it to the models head. Can this be done?

I know that it was done in a game, im not sure, but i think it was in a Rainbow Six Game. Would be awesome if you could scan in your face and render it to the models head. Can this be done?

This has been possible since OFP...

Never heard of face.jpg?

i started with Arma2...didnt know that. but does this work properbly and look good?

well will try it out, ty^^

Edited by Coffeecat

Resurrect.jpg

As per the last two releases, it'd be nice to get some official word on whether a face.jpg template will be prepped so that those with a digital camera, cam paint, too much time on their hands and Photoshop can sort their faces pre-release.

I'd like to be able to create custom faces in the game. I've just REALLY wanted to have my guy with a Horseshoe Moustache and a Soul patch, and edited face. Like a mirror, man! :)

I'd like to be able to create custom faces in the game. I've just REALLY wanted to have my guy with a Horseshoe Moustache and a Soul patch, and edited face. Like a mirror, man! :)

Well, you can already in A2, and I don't doubt the ability will be in A3. For ArmA, BI was kind enough to prepare this template even before the game was released:

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/news/Armed_Assault_Face_Template;30194

And this template came out after A2's release courtesy o' da Wip hisself (let's cya):

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=619

So, some official word on whether or not the face has changed or, Shiva forbid, an actual template somewhere down the line would also be excellent.

EDIT - However, if you are referring to creating a new face model to use with all characters, that would also be an interesting point to make. Problem is that this would be open to abuse pretty quick (picture a squad of dickheads).

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Well, you can already in A2, and I don't doubt the ability will be in A3. For ArmA, BI was kind enough to prepare this template even before the game was released:

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/news/Armed_Assault_Face_Template;30194

And this template came out after A2's release courtesy o' da Wip hisself (let's cya):

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=619

So, some official word on whether or not the face has changed or, Shiva forbid, an actual template somewhere down the line would also be excellent.

Never knew about these options :)

EDIT - However, if you are referring to creating a new face model to use with all characters, that would also be an interesting point to make. Problem is that this would be open to abuse pretty quick (picture a squad of dickheads).

Maybe it's what I was aiming for? But I was thinking of 'custom CUSTOM' faces, like games such as Saints Row 1/2/3 offer.

However, a squad full of Dickheads would be abusive... To the squad full of pussy-faces... :eek:

"CHARGE!!!"

I think a couple of sliders to change certain facets of the head shape (ala the Sims) would be enough:

• Head width, overall size
  • Nose overall size & width
  • Ears size, flatness
  • Mouth width
  • Jaw width, protrusion

All within constraints of course. Those, along with the face.jpg, should be enough to make decently individual soldiers with minimal additional data to transfer. The engine would just need to support it.

I have played this since OPF to and i don't even know of this:confused:

I would love some sort of face customization built in to the game instead of having to edit face.jpg. Editing face.jpg seems like a hard task and it looks as though the poor man got run over by a steam roller.

Where is "face.jpg" ???

Nowhere if you didn't create one.

You need to place it in your Arma2 profile folder.

some ingame implementation in the profile menu would be cool tough.

... hmm maybe we would see a lot of stupid stuff too like zombie faces running around the battlefield too :(