Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 3, E3 Coverage (reveals)

This walkthrough really showed us how awesome this game looks and I'm happy that he did show us a bit more of everything :)

Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent game development studio,

is pleased to announce the release of the Arma 3 teaser trailer video, captured exclusively for E3 Expo 2011 in Los Angeles.

The link on the Arma 3 in this quote goes to Arma.com. I assume that's not the website you want it to go to? :rolleyes:

The German GameStar magazine has just released a high quality demo video on their YouTube account:

It also features a video commentary by Ivan Buchta, the creative director of ArmA 3.

Looks really great! :)

Edited by Ragox

I really hope there will be no warfare missions in SP campaign.

And I hope there will be no dumbing down in the game as well.

It would've been nice if there were missions where your squad could take part in bigger operations, not just the player commanding everyone or "lone wolfing" his way through baddies

The German GameStar magazine has just released a high quality demo video on their YouTube account:

It also features a video commentary by Ivan Buchta, the creative director of ArmA 3.

Looks really great! :)

Ivan says "AI can cope quite well with the buildings", awwww yeah :cool:

Ivan says "AI can cope quite well with the buildings", awwww yeah :cool:

Well, that's nice to hear, but as statements go it's a little ambiguous.

I mean "coping quite well with buildings" could just as easily mean "the AI copes with buildings by avoiding them completely". Just sayin'. :D

i made my pants wet when i heard that AI is doing quite well in buildings :eek:

and iam VERY happy with the ragdolls so far! the sniper kills look awesome and even the grenade seems very good :yay:

i made my pants wet when i heard that AI is doing quite well in buildings :eek:

and iam VERY happy with the ragdolls so far! the sniper kills look awesome and even the grenade seems very good :yay:

Yes!

At the first roof top kill I thought: Hm, the Ragdoll seems a bit exagerated as the guy seemed to fly away a bit.

But the second and third kills were perfect: The enemies just fell like a potato sack. But even then they fell "physically correct" (ragdollish).

Yes!

At the first roof top kill I thought: Hm, the Ragdoll seems a bit exagerated as the guy seemed to fly away a bit.

But the second and third kills were perfect: The enemies just fell like a potato sack. But even then they fell "physically correct" (ragdollish).

I thought that too at first but then I saw the others and gave a big thumbs up. He said they are still tweaking it and they've got a year so absolutely brilliant job! Looks great.

i was actually expecting the current release date to be pushed a bit back. could be summer/fall, which is september then :)

I remember the Q3 2012 as a release date

Q3 includes August and September very much. Most likely late summer because autumn belongs to other kind of games.

Anything you guys are not happy with? Personally I noticed:

1) Sea water looked allmighty blue. If the sky above you is blue, distant haze tend to loose saturation, but here it looked extremely blue even at glancing angles. Also there were rolling waves and what appeared to be rather static noise bumps. Might be just early development. Wonder if we will see even rougher seas, maybe with some foaming?

2) Big containers didn't appear to be very heavy. Was like watching things happen on the moon at low gravity. I hope this is just config tweaking issues or plain bad luck during showing.

3) A lot of focus on physics, and I wasn't able to tell. But I wonder if grenade tossing is still based on "bullet deflect" (or something like that), where things like smoke grenades end up in different locations for different clients.

A good thing I noticed - rebreather sound - awesome! Please add something similar to special HALO equipment and jet fighters after reaching a certain speed (if automated is preferred). Altitude, speed, g-force? Not sure what is best.

But I wonder if grenade tossing is still based on "bullet deflect" (or something like that), where things like smoke grenades end up in different locations for different clients.

Seriously, if something needs to be tackled by PhysX, it's this. The fact that grenades still look and act retarded has been a blemish since ArmA failed to realise the awesomeness that was ECP's grenades in OFP. I still get a rubbery over the grenades in that mod. They actually acted (hold onto your goddamn armrests) like grenades.

2) Big containers didn't appear to be very heavy. Was like watching things happen on the moon at low gravity. I hope this is just config tweaking issues or plain bad luck during showing.

During the Gametrailer.com videos he confirmed that the "weight" of the containers was not optimized at this point and that it would be fixed for release.

*edit* Ok I saw the youtube capture of the presentation, looks sweet

Yes the hi def screens are nice, but video would have been truly sweet...

Would have been nice if the teaser had something apart from live action tho...

Edited by r3volution

The gametrailer.com videos are full HD video of the gameplay and not just a camera view. Also the teaser did have some in game stuff (the Comanche scenes), but it's just a teaser really.

Seriously, if something needs to be tackled by PhysX, it's this. The fact that grenades still look and act retarded has been a blemish since ArmA failed to realise the awesomeness that was ECP's grenades in OFP. I still get a rubbery over the grenades in that mod. They actually acted (hold onto your goddamn armrests) like grenades.

Well if containers can use PhysX then a grenade object can be made the same way & swapped for the thrown one if need be. If not from BIS, then I'm sure someone will make an addon... ;)

The only question is whether the PhysX implementation is precise enough for something as small and fast as a grenade. Based on the videos, my guess is probably yes. :D

Ahh ok, great quality all the same compared to the live stream we had before. :)

Oh dear....did anyone notice the ragdoll at 1:49, he shoots the guy once and he jumps into the air about 5 feet! I hope they fix that.

It's vital in a game like ARMA3 that the ragdoll is as realistic as possible, judging from that video they're far from it, but I have hope, I'm sure BIS will fix it by next year. :)

Oh dear....did anyone notice the ragdoll at 1:49, he shoots the guy once and he jumps into the air about 5 feet! I hope they fix that.

It's vital in a game like ARMA3 that the ragdoll is as realistic as possible, judging from that video they're far from it, but I have hope, I'm sure BIS will fix it by next year. :)

But the other three guys he shot did fall realisticly and they still got more than a year to tweak such things.

And three of the guys he kills with the grenade go slamming into the wall in a rather satisfying manner.

Does the 3D mission editor really mean 3D now? Like in VBS2? Because in 2009, they said that the 2D editor was 3D.

Obviously.

Edited by ziiip