Sign in to follow this  
victim913

Opfor discussion?

Real Dead men don't use thermal sights!

Fixed that for you. :P

I prefer an Enfeild myself, but when up against BLUEFOR you know you have no where to hide and it isn't exactly quiet anyway.

land warrior. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Warrior would make sense that other countries have it. Although cancelled in the US. SO was the Comanche. BIS is basically using everything that has been cancelled and using it. I love it and support it.

No OICW yet, sadly. That huge cardboard box with two littler cardboard tubes sticking out of it was amazing...ly retarded.

I did, but they really dont look like lenses to me. A lense, to me, is something you can look through, not this.

You're basing this on the either the on a poorly lighted pre-alpha model, but even then it doesnt take a genius to figure out that those are for heads up displays and not meant to have any "opening" as you put it.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

The game is still really far off. The screen shots we see COULD very well be a mixture of new gear to test. Say the Iranian with Israeli gear. If I was testing my game, I might select the highest tech soldier and give him an interesting weapon that I want to test and play around with. So maybe the gear mixture is a way of showing us as much new content as possible. Maybe the OPFOR are using BLUFOR gear in the screen shots for maximum WOW! But as we get closer we could see them with other gear. Or maybe their gear hasn't been made yet. They want to give us a good look at that convention, so maybe this stuff is just stuff they are experimenting with because the other stuff isn't ready yet.

As far as story goes, I can get into it if we see that there was some type of East uprising/unity. And like the world we live in now, UN or NATO doesn't want to upset the masses who can't understand war. Picture the people here in the U.S., we can't do anything without millions of people protesting. So the WORLD leaders may be afraid to go to war, because of these cry babies. So the "EAST" builds up armies and technologies like Germany did pre-world war 2, and then they just walk through any country they want before NATO actually gets involved.

Make this 10 years from now and I'll buy the alien suits. I doubt they are regulars, and the new vehicles will have a good story to make them work.

And yeah, I wasn't complaining about the features so much as Iwas wanting to see the basic stuff still there. Throw some regular infantry and regular tanks that we are used to. Even if we have to see another t90 vs M1a2 just to show us it's still realistic.

I am very excited. I just hope I will still be able to use this computer.

Some of us do.

So you don't welcome a cooled, low IR undersuit then.

Maybe come on my server for a while and I will continualy hunt you down with an AS50TWS or the L85 with AWS and you may appreciate the futuristic suit.

Well if you're into the sci-fi/futuristic stuff that cool, But you have to understand that I don't play ArmA for the futuristic warfare, I play ArmA because it's the only game that offers realism in a modern/current warfare setting.

If that movie was accurate...

yeah, that. i was ok with the near future, and some different things (because new things are good), but this seems kinda out there.

we have seen units with the Iranian flag on their uniforms. ok current day Iran dosnt have alot of high tech gear. they have G3 Ak, steel helmets and what ever else (see the arma 2 Iranian forces mod). in THIS game they are armed with Isreali equipment and something outta ALIENS. WTH? the Iranians have thier own gear, they dont need or want Israels.

Eh, they have some rather decent equipment:

paradeinfantry17.jpg

infantry2.jpg

5522jr.jpg

T-72S plus ERA

T-72S.jpg

Zulfiqar 3 (Prototype as of now)

AD2011+1+-+Features.jpg

Khaybar

diokhaybarkh2002khaibar.jpg

I think that these are special forces opfor and will be rarely seen. Bis wants to show us what's new and exciting about arma 3. They aren't going to be showing us the same old low tech grunts at this point even if they are going to be in arma 3. Either way it doesn't really matter. I play arma for it's unique gameplay, not for it's guns, vehicles and gear.