Sign in to follow this  
andromedagalaxe

Are mines completely useless?

I put them in the road for an ambush on a convoy and no matter how I place them, they never go off.

I need to take out an APC and the AI refuses to use its anti-armor and all I have is just mines.

The only other solution is to shoot my own AI and take his launcher....

Mines are good for apc or tanks. Not for trucks. I always drop them on the road in line, and apc or tank always will explode on one of them.

Ps: dont kill guys from your team, in briefing wenn mission starts you always can take his launcher and give him mines :)

Good idea. I'll see if I can exchange equipment before the start of the mission. I wonder why the mines never work on the BDRM-2 in this scenario?

I wish they worked for all vehicles, I love laying mines. But they might fail on the BRDM since it's wheeled, like a truck.

Don't shoot 2 :) ..just open your gear, drop a magazine, select unit, press 6 -gear, he walks to the magazine, drop the stuff u need..Take it= 2 still alive ,yeah :)

You should have layed them in a Zig-zag direction

(Just think that the cars travel by lanes on normal road)

So you can make sure they don't travel in the middle of the road because the convoy often travels from either left or the right of the pavement

I lay them in a V shape, where the first vehicle will hit the mine at the "bottom of the V", the rest of the vehicles may try to evade to the side and hit those mines. Be sure to clean up afterwards - I've run over my own mines later in the game with the MHQ (Stryker Ambulance) with some shameful amusement :D

I also back up the mines using Javelin/MAAWS and a setup TOW static, when playing Domination.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Do the mines only work if a wheel hits them? I can understand why they'd be unreliable in that case, but the Wikipedia article for the BMP-2 mentioned that some mines had rods that would stick up and catch the hull to detonate.

Mines only works for armor, both tracked or wheeled

I don't think that they work against BRDMs. Not entirely sure though. I don't tend to use them very often since I'm always paranoid about friendlies running into them.

Also, if you go to your map and then go to units, you can select the guy with the rocket there and then go to his gear screen and control his gear from there. You can tell him to drop the rocket for instance.