Sign in to follow this  
walker

ArmA III Website, video and new pictures

Hi all

Thought I would start a thread dealing with the ArmA III website and info on it.

So far there is the new teaser video and some new pictures.

http://www.arma3.com/#trailer

Kind Regards walker

I saw the trailer but where's the new pictures you mentioned?

Not much shown in the video & unfortunately it's not much ingame either.

Still hoping for something more from E3

Trailer reminds me of the OFP: Dragon Rising Trailer lol.. when they were teasing that game..

Trailer reminds me of the OFP: Dragon Rising Trailer lol.. when they were teasing that game..

Exactly, all the reactions from community members on Codies CGI trailers, and now here we go :p

Oh well, as lame as it is, we will probably get in game footage when it is ready.

Edited by sparks50

Mmmh, seems to me this was not an ingame made video :U...

where are the new screenshots? didn't notice any new shots

Well why must walker open a new thread when there are already 4 sticky threads and one covering latest E3 A3 news and one "When we will see a trailer"... :rolleyes:

Hi Indieboi918

Couple of pictures I had not seen on the story page of the backend of an AFV and a Kamov, plus one extra comanche picture on the screenshots, use the scroll through option on the zoomed picture.

Kind Regards walker

WAT

CGI?

BIgame?

:weep:

(but seriously, does this mean the anti-missile systems will work for tanks?)

and in BIS defense they did say "teaser" and not "trailer"

Edited by That guy

http://www.zing.cz/images/thumbnails/bigthumb/8dd520a6-43914.jpg

this and

http://www.zing.cz/screenshoty/2625/arma-3/image-43914

http://www.zing.cz/images/thumbnails/bigthumb/5468351d-43908.jpg

this means that addonmakers won't need to make 14 types of soldier and weapon models from the same class, but only parts are need to be done? As someone who's not into modeling very much, may I ask if this feature will make their work any easier when making new soldier/weapon (or better just parts) models?

Edit:

http://www.zing.cz/images/thumbnails/bigthumb/221cba89-43896.jpg

Are that flags on these soldiers are some kind of Iranian flag?

Edited by Banderas

Wow that teaser trailer was pretty sweet, reminded me of the FPDR trailers.

:eek: Those screenshots are awesome showcasing dat physics. :yay:

^^^ OH wow Thanks for posting these man! :D

I have to change my pants now

BIS you guys are Amazing! :yay: :yay:

Edited by Flash Thunder

yes, that is an iranian flag click

i wonder if BIS is going to include some current modern iraninan gear, like the khyber 2000 assault rifle, or Zulfiqar tanks, or any other realistic gear... (really, what is up with those exo-skeletons?)

after seeing the new screen shots, i am really looking forward to the ArmA3 2010 mod... (or ACE, what ever comes first) :butbut:

Everyone is whining about this teaser being CGI. Wat...

I mean sure, it´s a break of tradition, but everyone seems to assume that this automatically means decay. As if BI is going to abandon what the Arma series is about, and basing that assumption of 48 seconds of video footage.

A break of tradition can also mean progress. Dispensing with old shit and revamping it so it, like, works better? How about taking that approach to it, instead of assuming that HALP CHANGE, EVERYTHING WILL BE SUCK.

You guys are putting me on edge, I need to have a drink :V

Stop whining and discussing the teaser, its a teaser nothing more...!

Better lets get deep into what on al the lovely screenies there is more info and importance than anything we saw in the teaser...

Mountain - Climb to a limit and then slide

Beach - Relax until shot

Viewpoint - Enjoy until fps loss and roll back view

Rocks - Hide until warping and bouncing

I joke of course :) I think its mainly to hit home the point of the sandbox elements, may seem silly to regulars but I think they are going the right way to ensnare more interest by doing these things.

The same thing happened with CCP when they went from 100% in-game videos to adding all sorts of CGI overlays and effects to their trailers. Sure it's cool, and sure it's amazing marketing, but it's incongruent and misleading.

You used to be able to look at a BIS trailer and say... "Wow! That's what it's going to look like!" Now you look at the A3 teaser and think "Ok, I know nothing about what the game is going to look like now, why'd you waste my time on this?"

Will we have checkered scarfs? Will our SAW's have giant floodlamp sized flashlight attachments? Will our range finder actually try to ID our targets? Will there by shockwave effects for explosions and tank gun rounds?

With this video we have no idea at all. With an earlier BIS trailer we'd know.

So to get new players interested in a game, sure it might work, but for those of us here already, it's unhelpful if not a little amazing.

I think they need to cover both, initial hype and new faces, then "us" :)

I just saw this teaser, and as far as i can see it's not ingame but highly CGI footage. If so, i think this is lame and misleading, was hoping BIS wouldn't go there (because i don't think they "need" to). Saw some Forza 4 stuff on another site, same misleading work (hires renders from about 500.000 poly cars with 8x AA orso ). The more companys are using these techniques, the more they have to make up for stuff that's not in the game etc.. It's a weakness and not a strength. At least thats the way i look at it.

What about if everybody took a chill-pill before you blow something... First the game is first due in 2012, the are several months of time to gameplay trailers, and we been blessed with a wide array of screenies..

Relax a bit, i am a 100% that BIS will not let us down, just keep the faith and its summertime, dont like the teaser, go to the beach you'll sure to find some other teasers there... :)

its still a year till we will get our hands on arma 3. So why pushing bis to show every feature/content in their first trailer? i mean cmon.... It would be a pain in the a** if we knew everything about the game and still had to wait like 10 month.

*Thats exacly what i mean wolf