Sign in to follow this  
DZR_Mikhail

Artillery range tables online (from ACE2)

:yay: Artillery range tables for manual targeting! :yay:

All tables are taken from ACE.

Russian and English versions.

Printer friendly ;)

An example of manual m119 shooting (thanks Mahuja!)

YV4u4FCYQyM

For non ACE legacy arty you can just activate "T-E" mode on mousewheel options ingame and see the elevation and azimuth onscreen.

Arty is fun at last!

P.s. These tables can be taken as items ingame from ACE arty boxes and accessed by ACE interaction menu anytime.

Edited by zvukoper
typo

• Added mil to metre sideways conversion column

E.g. Your mortar 2B14 hit 20m to the left from taget at range 1600 at direction 4560 mils. So you lookup sideways mils at range 1600, it has 1mil = 1.57m. Then you divide your 20m by 1.57m and get mils number to turn to the right = 13mils. New adjusted direction will be 4560 + 13 = 4573 mils

Useful for those using ACE, although this probably needs appended to the ACE thread (on in Complete)

Thank God I don't use ACE that often, as I'd never get a shell off !

Heh, for the M119 at least (and any new western pieces added) there is the BCS. :p

Thank God I don't use ACE that often, as I'd never get a shell off !

ACE is not preventing to use any computers or even BIS arty.

These tables for hardcore artillerists who don't use computers to calculate fire solution, for manual firing.

And it's kind of dificult to shoot the brand new (amazing) ACE M119 howitzer. But I tell you, legacy (vanilla) arty is far more easier and soon Mahuja and I are going to make a comprehensive arty tutorials.

Heh, for the M119 at least (and any new western pieces added) there is the BCS. :p

And imagine it's destroyed? That's why a good arty gunner must have a pack of those tables printed somewhere nearby ;)

ACE is not preventing to use any computers or even BIS arty.

These tables for hardcore artillerists who don't use computers to calculate fire solution, for manual firing.

And it's kind of dificult to shoot the brand new (amazing) ACE M119 howitzer. But I tell you, legacy (vanilla) arty is far more easier and soon Mahuja and I are going to make a comprehensive arty tutorials.

And imagine it's destroyed? That's why a good arty gunner must have a pack of those tables printed somewhere nearby ;)

Yah, just saying for people that think its overly complicated they probably dont realize there is a computer. :p

I think the D30 range table is wrong. It tells me I need Far for 5000m, while the artillery computer gives me a Close solution for that range, with similar barrel elevation.

And could we get the Grad? Pretty please?

maturin, can you look at the ACE range table values for D30 at this distance please? I've taken the values right from ACE. If it's wrong in ACE, it will be wrong here.

I'm not sure Grad is already in ACE rangetables. I'll check. If it is - I'll add it.

maturin, can you look at the ACE range table values for D30 at this distance please? I've taken the values right from ACE. If it's wrong in ACE, it will be wrong here.

I'm not sure Grad is already in ACE rangetables. I'll check. If it is - I'll add it.

Oh, are these tables in the game itself somewhere? Tell me where and I will re-check.

Oh, are these tables in the game itself somewhere? Tell me where and I will re-check.

Yeah, they are. My online variant is just to save some time for preparations or if you forgot to take tables with you ingame.

Tables are ingame objects. They are found in a box ACE artillery I think. You equip a table (put in the inventory). Then you can acces it on self-interaction ACE menu (which is user-menu key near right CTRL) and voila, you can look at it.

w_table_ca.paa.png

You can use these classes to equip them manually in the editor.

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1509581

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1509583

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1509578

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1509582

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1509579

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1509580

You can vote up the Grad rangetables and quicken the progress here - https://dev-heaven.net/issues/20305

Edited by zvukoper

Yeah, my mistake, the D30 tables are correct. There is huge difference between the ranges shown in the tables and the ranges possible with the artillery computer, however. I recommend everyone use the M119 instead.

If you could bring up more examples of the differences and explain how it affects the precision - I would gather it up and ticket this issue to ACE team and we'll probably have it all perfected.

I just looked at the D-30 tables (on the website), and I found a couple weird things. And I just found why: It's a duplicate of the M252 tables.

(It was a pretty big hint that the D-30, similar to the M119, had a max range of some 5km, similar to the M252.)

Sorry guyz. For some reason I copypasted m252 data inside d30. Now it's correct. Thanks Mahuja for this observation. :rolleyes:

A shame this is now out of date. Don't know when it changed to charges, but at least m224, m252 and m119 are all wrong now.

Nice job zvukoper!

• Added mil to metre sideways conversion column

E.g. Your mortar 2B14 hit 20m to the left from taget at range 1600 at direction 4560 mils. So you lookup sideways mils at range 1600, it has 1mil = 1.57m. Then you divide your 20m by 1.57m and get mils number to turn to the right = 13mils. New adjusted direction will be 4560 + 13 = 4573 mils

I would assume that you do but better to be sure, so you are using NATO standard mils here (ie. 6400), right?

Edited by Kawa

Didn't want to create a new thread, so I'll just put it here:

Range tables for mortars and howitzers [ACE1.14RC1B586] (via Google Docs)

("File"->"Download as")

(Also: "1 mil sideways (m)" basic trig formula: D*(Pi*2)/6400, where D= range in meters, Pi=3.14159, 6400 - NATO standard mils)

Edited by ffs
formula

Hello, I play on TLR servers alot and they disabled the mortar tube ranges for the podnos 2b14 and I was wandering if you got a tutorial on how to use that. I know the ranges are from anywhere from 85m to 3km so I want to be able to shoot at the most effective range possible, 3km or 2km without being spotted and shot by the cops lol

The links to the M119 range table are dead! We can't use manual arty anymore without the physical items. Does anyone have stored copies?

Unfortunately the website changed hosting a while ago and those pages were lost during file moving. Because we ceased playing ACE we haven't checked the files.

Sorry guys :( I'll try to check anther possible backup on other computers, but seems this thing is lost.