Sign in to follow this  
Dreahack

Arma 3 engine

should tell thats the current system is not very good.

Lols.

There is a galaxy of difference between good and easy.

The current system isnt really any different to any other game [character] animation system (in that you make the [character] animations in something like motion builder or 3ds max, then export them to the game)

The trick with animations is that they are incredibly hard to get right. Oftentimes you'll end up with things looking like total ass.

There are a limited number of animation packs because it is incredibly hard, time consuming, work to make them. Not because "the system" is bad ;)

Well pardon my stupidity then, although I'm pretty sure that PuFu said something like "if you could do anims in external programs [i guess ouside o2?] than things would get more lively.

The quality of animations is not a huge concern anymore. Blending and creating varied animations ingame has become more and more important, it makes things look far less mechanical.

Visually it isn't realistic at all.

It looks nice with fancy shaders, post filters and lens flares - I won't deny that of course. But reality doesn't look like that.

Good Point. I sometimes wonder if people who claim there's something substandard about ARMA VR x.x have looked very much at the real world away from urban environments.

Yea, ArmA 3 should ship with its own mocap studio. C'mon BIS, you know you want to. ;)

Well I think the blending of animations can be done using something like ANT (BF3) Im not sure if its just a matter of coding it into the game or if it has to be done for each combo of anims.

..they really need to do something about the glass in the windows, they need to be breakable. I've found it frustrating at times to shoot through windows with the indestructible glass constantly meddling with the bullet path, which it should do...but the glass doesn't break...

Oh for god's sake YES! Most annoying thing ever! They need to have a melee option so you can use the but of your gun to clear the glass out.

Oh for god's sake YES! Most annoying thing ever! They need to have a melee option so you can use the but of your gun to clear the glass out.

or a break glass command in the action menu (similar to some addons that allow you to push out broken windshields on vehicles)...or I don't know, make the glass break after so many shots depending on size of the pane vs size and type of round hitting it.

or a break glass command in the action menu (similar to some addons that allow you to push out broken windshields on vehicles)...or I don't know, make the glass break after so many shots depending on size of the pane vs size and type of round hitting it.

F.....g yeah!! and then you break a bottle of vodka, sneak on your enemies and cut their throats. Yes BIS, plz include breakglass feature in ArmA3.

F.....g yeah!! and then you break a bottle of vodka, sneak on your enemies and cut their throats. Yes BIS, plz include breakglass feature in ArmA3.

That's not exactly what I ment and I'm not sure if you are mocking me or not..

That's not exactly what I ment and I'm not sure if you are mocking me or not..

I am very serious. This feature can give us many possibilities.

My brain is getting ready to explode from reading all these good and negitive postings is there any BIS guys in here to elaborate and put this to bed. I dont really care about all this BF3 and Arma 3 graveling going on both games will be great in there own right. This is about Arma 3 there is a forum over at

EA site... Please BIS say something in this post!!!!!! for my eyes bleed red......... lol :)

Edited by Doatg