Sign in to follow this  
Dreahack

Arma 3 engine

what a very immature and terrible post by you. hardly nothing has been announced about bf3. we dont know how big the maps are and no planes? vehicles? what are you smoking? it has all that. No climbing into vehicles? check out the tank bf3 footage.

pfff

To be fair we can't be 100% certain that tank BF3 footage, nor any other campaign footage, is 100% in game and real (unless it was played on stage) and will occur all the time, everytime, and is not a scripted event.

Reminds me of the first Killzone 2 "trailer", though i'd be pleased if i were wrong.

To be fair we can't be 100% certain that tank BF3 footage, nor any other campaign footage, is 100% in game and real (unless it was played on stage) and will occur all the time, everytime, and is not a scripted event.

Reminds me of the first Killzone 2 "trailer", though i'd be pleased if i were wrong.

Jesus.

You kidding me? the TANK demo was played LIVE at E3. You had a guy in middle of the stage sitting infront of a pc controlling the tank and aiming!

What if bf3 had huge maps? what excuses will people make then?

Also the campaign videos. You can see a HUD ffs. it dont look fixed or fake to me.

im 99% sure thats the real game played. O and killzone 2 trailer?? it was a trailer/teaser. the other gameplay trailers where identical to the actual game.

pff maybe the gametrailer walkthrough of arma 3 is fake? ;)

Also, scripted? campaign modes are usualy scripted! Also people tend to forget that BF series are pvp games! i.e player vs player. no AI involved.

Compare apples to apples mate. how awsome is Arma 3 going to be via pvp is the question you should be asking mate.

arma 2's pvp is shocking. so shocking that project reality is stepping it to fix it.

Edited by jonneymendoza

Jesus.

You kidding me? the TANK demo was played LIVE at E3. You had a guy in middle of the stage sitting infront of a pc controlling the tank and aiming!

Also the campaign videos. You can see a HUD ffs. it dont look fixed or fake to me.

im 99% sure thats the real game played. O and killzone 2 trailer?? it was a trailer/teaser. the other gameplay trailers where identical to the actual game.

Also, scripted? campaign modes are usualy scripted! Also people tend to forget that BF series are pvp games! i.e player vs player. no AI involved.

Compare apples to apples mate. how awsome is Arma 3 going to be via pvp is the question you should be asking mate.

arma 2's pvp is shocking. so shocking that project reality is stepping it to fix it.

How was the Nintendo Box? I heard that the Line was humongous to see teh "Wu".

Not exactly. It's vastly improved from what I've heard and seen so far. It is the RV engine but it has now physx, volumetric clouds, it will feature render to texture, you'll be able to dive and drown yourself and it will most likely support DX11. Sounds like a lot improvement to me.

wrong. explain why their hasnt been a single BF3 console footage and explain to me why at e3, the demo and the MP demo they allowed people to try was ALL run on a pc?

yup, BF3 is a console port

They ran it on PC because that was how they chose to demonstrate it. So what?

How does that disprove what I said? I'm talking about how game developers develop multi-platform games.

If you think you know better then how about you explain how game development works?

They have texture streaming ? so, yeah; its a port!

WTF has that got to do with a game being a port or not? Or are you just trolling for fun?

People throw around the word "port" without knowing what it means. Porting is covering a game to another platform AFTER is has been made for the original platform(s).

Jesus.

PR is steping to fix the MP? There's no need to fix it.

And they come to ArmA for the only reason that BF3 wont have mod tool's, just it.

And we all have seen by now that you are a BF3 blindfanboy who wont accept the fact that BF3 is just a BC2 with makeup.

People throw around the word "port" without knowing what it means. Porting is covering a game to another platform AFTER is has been made for the original platform(s).

Indeed

offT: About PR, I hope they finish the project before Arma3 otherwise... lol

And they come to ArmA for the only reason that BF3 wont have mod tool's, just it.

And we all have seen by now that you are a BF3 blindfanboy who wont accept the fact that BF3 is just a BC2 with makeup.

You two girls need to stop fagging up this thread with your multi-paragraph posts of bickering.

You do know it's possible that both games can be good? You don't have to defend ArmA against any game that could also be fun. I for one will be buying both (crazy I know!!! :eek: )

Jesus.

He may have been referring to the interior which is probably true, I doubt they will include it in multiplayer but what harm is that, if battlefield started taking more steps to reality it would cease to be battlefield, a quick action game..and there is nothing wrong with that, if everything was Arma we wouldn't enjoy it as much.

I like Battlefield, its a good game.

I like ARMA 2 its a good game.

So come on you cant possibly compare these two games, they are equally good games with very different gameplay.

I thought that this was a serious and mature forum and not just a bunch of whining basterds.

There's nothing wrong with it, because bf3's thermal is made for gameplay. Not realism.

Bf3 and arma3 are totally different games with even further gameplay goals, comparing them is pretty stupid.

This, now can we stfu about BF3? Thanks.

would be nice to have volumetric clouds casting shadows on the ground.

This is confirmed isn't it?

They are and they do, Jay already mentioned it for ToH and I think Ivan mentioned it for A3.

Edit: Responding in appropriate thread

Edited by Innomadic

Here is the thing: I never say that the game is going to sucks, nor did I compare it with ArmA2/3; I just say that those "FLIR" just look ugly as fuck~;)

Edited by 4 IN 1

If im a fanboy of BF games, why do i play arma 2 more?:j:

As for netcode. I don't really know any other engine that can have, say, 80 human players running around all while sending hundreds of bullets with proper ballistics out there and back - lag free.

1. ArmA 2 struggles with AI with <20 players...

2. Battlefield 2 supported 128... :rolleyes:

I'm also interested to see if it's RV 3.5 or 4. I'm hoping on many more engine improvements over the E3 demo, otherwise, well, I won't be unhappy, just disappointed. BIS doesn't need to rush this game, the amount of time people spend of A2 still is crazy, BIS can take their time and create the best Mil-Sim to date, I just hope they don't fudge it...

1. ArmA 2 struggles with AI with <20 players...

2. Battlefield 2 supported 128... :rolleyes:

128 what? I've played 120+ PvP games in A2, but never in BF2 (64 max afaik).

You do know it's possible that both games can be good? You don't have to defend ArmA against any game that could also be fun. I for one will be buying both (crazy I know!!! :eek: )

well said.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Thats another thing. many dont like pvp in arma 2 and this IMO is where BF series shine

Na, it did support 128. 64v64. But that doesn't matter.

The netcode does need to be fix. Not for PvP, but for Co-op, the main gamemode the majority of A2 players play.

Project Reality: Battlefield 2 supports up to 256players, playing smoothly.