Sign in to follow this  
Dreahack

Arma 3 engine

Battlefield 3 is the most realistic I ve ever seen.

I hate scripted game so if arma 3 could be anything close to that in terms of graphism/animation/FX/sounds it would be great.

Edited by Sam75

I hate scripted game so if arma 3 could be anything close to that in terms of graphism/animation/FX it would be great.

lol - since when is Battlefield realistic? :rolleyes:

anyway its offtopic

I hate scripted game so if arma 3 could be anything close to that in terms of graphism/animation/FX/sounds it would be great.

Lots of post filters and soldiers telling you how awesome you are all the time coupled with you driving a tank with one hand and blowing enemies that don't fight back with another is very realistic.

IMO ArmA3 has better graphics than BF3.

DID ANYONE SEE THAT AWESOME LANDMAP TEXTURE??!!! OR THE WATER?!?!?!?

Jizz in my pants.

And ofcourse unrivalled gameplay.

There arent ANY maps in Frostbite2 that are 1x1km.

There arent any AI in it either

or planes, boats, editing facilites, mods allowed, no climbing into vehicle animations.

The 40mm grenades are OP. Blowing holes in 2 layer thick brick walls, i think not!

Frostbite 2? I say Frostbite POO!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Battlefield is Battlefield. End of.

Lots of post filters and soldiers telling you how awesome you are all the time coupled with you driving a tank with one hand and blowing enemies that don't fight back with another is very realistic.

again I am not interested at all by BF 3's gameplay (I won't buy it), I was referring to the visual/sound aspect of the game.

again I am not interested at all by BF 3's gameplay (I won't buy it), I was referring to the visual/sound aspect of the game.

By Visual is not that nice - reason? - consoles

By Sound - that's only thing good on Bad Company and BF3 - in arma 3 there could be improvement ,but we will see

Visually it isn't realistic at all.

It looks nice with fancy shaders, post filters and lens flares - I won't deny that of course. But reality doesn't look like that.

The sound... well... yeah.

Voice-overs and FXs go along with a pre-recorded route. On one hand.

On another hand we could've had those kind of fxs for all dynamic stuff (like noises inside the tank which sound great). But unfortunately sound is the weakest point of BIS.

BIS also removed EAX from the engine instead of making it work properly which is a pity.

During those rare times when it actually worked in OFP even stock sounds sounded impressive. Imagine tanks battling in the large valley with thunderlike echoes spreading all around from cannon bursts and you get the idea

Edited by metalcraze

By Visual is not that nice - reason? - consoles

unlike the guys from bethesta who stated that skyrim is a console production which will be ported to PC later on, Battlefield 3 is a PC game that will be ported to consoles!

on german gamestar they stated that the PC version will look much better than the consoles version and the videos and screens did look very nice to me!

however this game is not my cup of tea, me wants ARMAAAAAA :D

Those BF3 "FLIR" (or so they call it) are ugly as fuck.

Not at all... Seems like all you guys wish to bash the game just for the sake of bashing it. How about we find good sides of ArmA 3 and not the bad sides of BF3?

Not at all...

Visually it looks quite nice.

On a technical level its useless... As bad as the "thermal" in dr/rr

Terrain has no heat, vehicles have uniform heat all over and are considerably hotter than the surrounding buildings and terrain (none of which have heat, meaning all vehicles and infantry are basically lit up "here I am, I'm a target!" which is not how it works in real life), vehicles dont leave hot tracks, dust they kick up is cold, the A-10's cast a crisp clean shadow...

So yeah, there is plenty wrong with the BF3 "Thermal"

Visually it looks quite nice.

On a technical level its useless... As bad as the "thermal" in dr/rr

Terrain has no heat, vehicles have uniform heat all over and are considerably hotter than the surrounding buildings and terrain (none of which have heat, meaning all vehicles and infantry are basically lit up "here I am, I'm a target!" which is not how it works in real life), vehicles dont leave hot tracks, dust they kick up is cold, the A-10's cast a crisp clean shadow...

The same as Arma 2.

unlike the guys from bethesta who stated that skyrim is a console production which will be ported to PC later on, Battlefield 3 is a PC game that will be ported to consoles!

That's just the crap they talk to appease fans. In reality most multi-platform games are developed for all platforms at once. There is no "porting".

The development tools scale down textures and models for the console versions, and certain things are made separately (like adding graphics options to the PC version).

There's nothing wrong with it, because bf3's thermal is made for gameplay. Not realism.

Bf3 and arma3 are totally different games with even further gameplay goals, comparing them is pretty stupid.

That's just the crap they talk to appease fans. In reality most multi-platform games are developed for all platforms at once. There is no "porting".

God, there is a bunch of slack-jawed faggots immature people around here. Battlefield 3 is going to be a fine game, now can we stop raging over that fact and get back on topic. This is Arma 3 we're talking about here :p

I don't think anyone would say BF3 is a realistic game and definitely not anywhere as close to realistic as A3 will be or this series ever has been. That's not DICE's goal. They're making a game that looks great and is fun to play for their audience.

But you can't deny that BF3 looks and sounds good and that's not to say that A3 won't look good, some of the movies and still shots coming out are simply amazing, it's just to say that in some gamers perfect worlds, it'd be nice to have the graphics and dare I say it, smoothness, of BF3 and the logic, gameplay and function of A3. I think DR tried to do that and just utterly failed...on both efforts.

But the reality is that with the scope of BIS's worlds, there simply are limits but it looks like with A3, BIS has made some incredible progress and pushed those limits further back. I just hope it runs well :-)

some little thing I notice watching the Alpha version in the E3 presentation, was, that there was not flickering textures, 3dobjetcs rendering LOD glitch whatever. Everything seems fluid and perfect. I want to see how the sound works, distant shots, explosions, vehicles

some little thing I notice watching the Alpha version in the E3 presentation, was, that there was not flickering textures, 3dobjetcs rendering LOD glitch whatever. Everything seems fluid and perfect. I want to see how the sound works, distant shots, explosions, vehicles

Yeah but this has always been the case for BIS presentations/trailers.

Guess all it takes is a pc with current medium to high spec hardware and a clean, defragmentated HDD to achieve the same results.

But it would be still interesting to know the specs and especially the size of the monitor of the equipment used at E3.

The development tools scale down textures and models for the console versions, and certain things are made separately (like adding graphics options to the PC version).

wrong. explain why their hasnt been a single BF3 console footage and explain to me why at e3, the demo and the MP demo they allowed people to try was ALL run on a pc?

yup, BF3 is a console port

wrong. explain why their hasnt been a single BF3 console footage and explain to me why at e3, the demo and the MP demo they allowed people to try was ALL run on a pc?

yup, BF3 is a console port

Because DICE can pick and choose what they show to garner a specific reaction, i.e: THE ENTIRE PC crowd who need to be satiated by footage that their baby is PC central? They're a games company, and its obvious the PC developed ploy has worked so far.

Would be kinda hilarious if it did turn out to be a 360 port.

There arent ANY maps in Frostbite2 that are 1x1km.

There arent any AI in it either

or planes, boats, editing facilites, mods allowed, no climbing into vehicle animations.

The 40mm grenades are OP. Blowing holes in 2 layer thick brick walls, i think not!

Frostbite 2? I say Frostbite POO!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Battlefield is Battlefield. End of.

what a very immature and terrible post by you. hardly nothing has been announced about bf3. we dont know how big the maps are and no planes? vehicles? what are you smoking? it has all that. No climbing into vehicles? check out the tank bf3 footage.

pfff

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Because DICE can pick and choose what they show to garner a specific reaction, i.e: THE ENTIRE PC crowd who need to be satiated by footage that their baby is PC central...

Would be kinda hilarious if it did turn out to be a 360 port.

And here is me thinking bf/cod fanboys are bad. some of the people here are worse!

You believe that post of yours? serious? come on it dont take a rocket scientist to know that the reason why they showed the pc version is because its the BEST version to show :rolleyes:

You know what, i wont bother defending BF3 to fanboys. i will enjoy BOTH arma 3 and BF3 when they arrive.

They have texture streaming ? so, yeah; its a port!