Sign in to follow this  
jonneymendoza

E3 - Arma 3?

So now blufor seems to have Fennek.

Where do you see it...?

Iranian Space Marines can defy the law of motion.

I was quite optimistic about ragdolls until saw this FPDR

10 meters of horizontal flight from hand grenade (mb 30mm HE or something similar). In best traditions of Hollywood...

I doubt this´ll be implemented in the actual game. These screens probably have massively tweaked blast values to show off that HEY WE HAS PHYSICS NOW.

Don´t panic yet, the game´s still about a year from release.

Here

1234567 too short.

nitpicking - its shadow

10 meters of horizontal flight from hand grenade (mb 30mm HE or something similar). In best traditions of Hollywood...

My attention were caught by the explosion FX, looks like the same as Arma 2. The smoke is OK but those big rocks flying looks (to me) weird.

But i guess its to early to complain about things like this since they still have a year to build on it.

Ragdoll works for me :) if it can be tweaked, brilliant. If not, still great :D

at first i also thought it would be curved somehow but i think it rather fired a missile and what you see is the smoke from it

but on the other hand it really looks like a hole through the black smoke and volumetric clouds are already confirmed :)

Some questions:

1. In the scuba pictures, I'm guessing we'll get scuba gear, with mask and everything. Will this equipment limit your view somewhat and do things to your voice? Make you hear your breathing (rebreathers are hard to breath in from what I've heard), make bubble sounds unless closed system? To me, very important to the immersion, although some can be added by mission.

2. Which brings me to the HALO pics. Will there be special HALO equipment this time around, like oxygen masks. And will these also block your view somewhat, and make you hear your own breathing etc? I'm using simple overlay for this now in mission, but it doesn't really sell.

3. In the vest screen, we're shown three vests/bandolier. Are these general purpose/one fits all, or are the more vests that better accommodate certain roles? And do/can they have different rules on what they can carry? I.e. only a SAW gunners vest can carry 2 x 200 rnd SAW boxes on body.

4. Customizable weapons: Are there improvements to how sound suppression works? Is sound really suppressed simply by attaching a sound suppressor (wrt AI detection), or does it require subsonic rounds to have any effect at all?

Love the basic undies outfit. Night attack on sleeping base? :D

Other than the thrown by small explosion, I'm ecstatic by what I see.

Gotta say though... The Russians kinda moved away from the Flying Taxi of death idea... after stan... hence why the Ka-50/52 carries no one and the Mi-28 only has room for emergency evac of downed crew.. 3 at most...

Gotta say though... The Russians kinda moved away from the Flying Taxi of death idea... after stan... hence why the Ka-50/52 carries no one and the Mi-28 only has room for emergency evac of downed crew.. 3 at most...

Flying Taxi of death ? are you serious?

The Reason why the Ka50/52 or Mi28 dont have a cargo like Hind - is one word - the Weight - of whole helicopter , they wanted only AT attack heli , so why they would add a cargo for Ka-52?! There's new Ka-60 for that

Fish surfing is epic... And we get to see the sea ground level...

could just as well be some...weird particle effects rather than rail gun

And we get to see the sea ground level...

which looks fantastic by the way!

Do you think it is all just specular mapping?

Might have been running away when the grenade struck. I don't think a screenshot is enough to dismiss this feature as exaggerated.

Thats basically what I said yes... Although I heard it was because they decided landing it made it too vulnerable and that its better leaving that to dedicated lifters... Mi-8 Ka-29 etc

I dont understand what you mean by the am I serious? about what?

Hmm Looking through the screenshots I assumed that double monocle helmet was going to be for pilots index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2F012111_PIC4.jpg&width=500m&height=500&bodyTag=%3Cbody%20bgColor%3D%22%23ffffff%22%3E&wrap=%3Ca%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose%28%29%3B%22%3E%20%7C%20%3C%2Fa%3E&md5=115215530db5b846e41b80c114430c1f

could just as well be some...weird particle effects rather than rail gun

Well there didn't seem to be any visible recoil of any sort, the barrel didn't plunge back like you would expect of a normal round, the weird haze that extended further than a hypothetical normal round and the fact that it has a very non-explosive sound when fired.

Turn up the volume and have a listen, personally i'm convinced its not a normal tank further than just the T-90/Merkava mash up.

oh no good, looks like the series is approaching to the theme of sci-fi. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the new engine is compatible and capable to do with the modding community. Anyway, I still like the game and everything that BI bring us :p